• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Into the Wild

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: I agree wholeheartedly with renau1g. Take a break if you need it. It's got to be fun. You've been a great GM and it's been a fun and educational run. I think that suspending the adventure or letting the PC's go to come back later as things develop is fine. As this was really my first 4th edition experience, I can't say enough about what a pleasure it has been to game with you.

I agree with everyone else mal. It's been a blast. I've had characters in adventures run by many GMs. You're one of the best. Take a break. If you feel like coming back afterwards and finishing it up, max will jump at the chance. Go have a delicious beverage or two...or three. You've definitely earned them :)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
You've been great! I'm sorry to hear you're leaving.
Pass the documentation to someone (or literally [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION]) else :D

:lol:

GM: What documentation? I've been making this up as I go along for months, now. I had a basic plot line in mind and just plowed through.

I didn't even know you'd be fighting a kraken until half way through the angel fights. I didn't know you'd be fighting angels until I decided I wanted to milk that cool ship map a while longer. You get the idea.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: ...and let's fast forward.

The adventurers gorged themselves on the kraken's treasure and then hiked their way through the jungle. On the other side of the island they found a small but rich smugler's outpost. Not hostile in the least, they were more than happy to trade with the heroes. Then they found passage on a new ship and this time they made good time to the Oracle's Island.

The adventurers come to shore in a small, ancient looking town that is eerily empty. There is not a soul in sight.

At the center of the town is the market. Standing on a pedestal, a young man in a simple wool tunic patiently waits for you.

-''I knew you would come. Because, you know, I'm the oracle. I'd be pretty bad at my job if I didn't know you'd come.''

GM: Of course, if I wasn't wrapping this up, the jungle would have been filled with horrible monsters, the friendly smuggler's would have been bloodthirsty pirates, the Oracle Island would have been guarded by a sphinx... Or whatever else struck my fancy.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka smirks, "Good. Then you should also know why we're here. Maybe you've also gleaned that I don't like it when people waste my time. So skip the pleasantries and tell me what I want to know."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Yeah, I know about you. I know you like throwin threats around even when it serves no purpose. One would think it has to do with your demon pact but in truth it has more to do with why you accepted in first place. It's your nature.

Speaking of creatures who are always true to their nature. There are devils in ambush in the house. They forced me to serve as a bait and I only accepted if they let me evacuate the village. The leader bear proof of association with the Lord of Eagle Reach. That's how you'll be able to take down Ethan Severus; expose him for what he is to the other fey lords.

In fact, if he hadn't tried to stop you and sent these devils, there'd be no way for you to defeat him. Ironic, isn't it.''

-"You weasel! When we are done, we will feast on your corpse!'' growls a cavernous voice from within one house.

GM: Roll initiative while I decide on the exact line up. A devil intensive group. One fight, winners take all and adventure over. Fire away with everything you got.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Devils? These ones have come to the right place then," Dante says as he readies himself for battle.

OOC: Initiative: 1d20+6=7. Nice.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Devils? Again? Didn't they learn anything?"

Rocco raises his voice

"Yo, demons, your ambush succeeded. Congratulations. Now, come here so I can make new trophies of your hides! What kind of evil incarnate accepts the deal to evacuate the village? Wussies! Go back to hell that spawned you and return to your mothers so they can teach you proper evil. I bet the witch here has more evil in her little fingernail then you in your blood!"

Devil Slayer Init (1d20+4=13)

OOC: If I can provoke them to attack just a little off their original plan maybe we get some advantage, huh?

Social skill to provoke (1d20+1=6) - either bluff, diplomacy or intimidate, failed with flourish :D

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka smiles flatly at the oracle. "Nature is a funny thing. If I, as you insinuate, always act in my nature, then it was in my nature to comfort that girl after the hunter killed her mother. It was in my nature to protect all those people from Severius's clients. And it's in my nature to tear tyrannical fey from their thrones." She nods in mock seriousness, "My goodness. No wonder everyone feels obligated to slander me, with deeds as black as mine."

ooc: Initative 7. Let's get those nat 1's out of our systems now.

Remove ads