• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Into the Wild

FourMonos

First Post
ooc: I'm back from traveling, sorry for delay.

Renquist smiles broadly, "I am really starting to like the Warlock."

Then his face resumed its usual grim scowl, "Too bad this ends badly."

[sblock=initiative 6] 1d20 +3 → [3,3] = (6) Roll Lookup . With all the crappy initiative rolls, I'd consider this ambush a success [/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Initiative]
Ashir
Ashir initiative (1d20+5=10)
[/sblock]

Max reacts quicker than most, seeing figures on the roof.

GM: Only Max goes first (Don't forget the free shift talent).

I didn't do coordinates; I wann try it different.

All monsters have a number. When you move, either do 'I move to the NE corner of monster X1' or do something like this: '3 left and 2 up' (I am not assuming it's the exact path, just the the end result)

EDIT: oh, obviously there are more monsters inside buildings and the voice that answered the oracle came from the town hall.

[sblock=S&S]

C : Cultist (currently all on the roofs)

Perception 17
HP 48; Bloodied 24
AC 18; Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 16
OA Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+5 vs AC; 1d8 damage.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Finale1.jpg
    Finale1.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

"You may consider laying down or standing in a place you divine to be safe, oracle, things are going to get messy here real soon."

Nementah says to oracle as she prepares for the onslaught

[MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION], since the description seems to be several days or weeks of hiking, can we assume we're fully rested with dailies available and item use replenished?

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Scanning the battle field, Max formulates a plan. Rocco, I'll distract this one if you want to move somewhere else. Not waiting for an anwser the warlord moves closer to foe on the roof west of his position, and then the flings his shield at him. The shield hits him for a minor wound, but pushes him back a bit. All the while, the shield returns back to the warlord. Max grins in satisfaction. We're expecting that were ya!

[sblock=actions]
free: battlefront shif: Rocco can move up to half his speed as a free movement action

movement: move left two and up one
minor: none
attack: throw shield: 1d20+10 vs C1 AC for 1d8+5 = 24 for 6 pt damage

free: shield daily power: on impact the foe is knocked back (west one square) ...for dramatic effect :)

[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rocco reacts instantly on warlords words, moving away from the group and putting himself on intercept route.

"Ashir, Nementha, pull back behind us!"

OOC: Two squares up, one right (in C2 column)

Also, [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], Max could've pushed the guy both west and south trying to force him off the building? Maybe you could still try it? With mal's permission...

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Also, @dimsdale, Max could've pushed the guy both west and south trying to force him off the building? Maybe you could still try it? With mal's permission...

ooc: Good catch Neurotic! Yes, if possible, Max would like to do that. :) By definition of a push, as long as he's going away from you then it is okay, correct?

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The ambushers on the roof blast away in the killzone with some success. Meanwhile, horrors start pouring out of the buildings; A half human/devil monstrosity, a humanoid devil covered in spike wielding wicked blades a tru beast that is all fang and muscle are the first to join the fray.

[sblock=Actions]
save for C1 (1d20=17) success

He isn't pushed off the wall, he falls prone instead. Gets up and

Devil Cultist;
C1 & C3
Thunder burst, area 1 range 10
C1 blasts Ashir and Haruka, C3 blasts Virgil and Dante
vs Fort, 1:Haruka 2:Ashir 3:Dante 4:Virgil (1d20+8=27, 1d20+8=15, 1d20+8=10, 1d20+8=23)

Hit Haruka and Virgil

thunder + daze (save ends) (1d8+4=9)

C2 & C4
Magic Missile range 20 shoots Rocco and Ashir
Magic missile vs Ref 1:Ashir 2:Rocco (1d20+8=17, 2d4+4=9, 1d20+8=20, 2d4+4=7)
[/sblock]

GM: Status Highlight:

Haruka and Virgil are dazed (save ends)

[sblock=S&S]
C1: 42/46, TB spent
C3: TB spent

Haruka: 56/65 Dazed (Save ends)
Rocco: 48/55
Virgil: 61/70 Dazed (Save ends)

C : Cultist (currently all on the roofs)
Perception 17
HP 48; Bloodied 24
AC 18; Fortitude 14, Reflex 15, Will 16
OA Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+5 vs AC; 1d8 damage.

W: Cambion Wrathborn
HP 100; Bloodied 50
AC 23, Fortitude 21, Reflex 24, Will 18
Perception 16
Resist 10 fire
OA: +14 2d8+8

P: Pain Devil
Perception 22;
Aura of Torment aura 2; a creature without the devil keyword that starts its turn in the aura takes 2 damage.
HP 86; Bloodied 43
AC 24; Fortitude 21, Reflex 18, Will 19
Resist 10 fire
OA: +15 vs AC; 2d8+5 damage, and the target is slowed until the end of the pain devil's next turn.

R: Rage Devil
HP 138; Bloodied 69
AC 23, Fortitude 24, Reflex 21, Will 23
Perception 19
Resist 20 fire
OA: +16 vs. AC
Hit: 2d12 + 5 damage, and the target loses all resistances until the end of its next turn.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Finale2.jpg
    Finale2.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 90

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
It's just you. P1, W1 and four Cs are clearly visible :p

And R1 is huge, you should be able to see it even without sight enhancers (if you use such)

Maybe Mal could color the letters or their squares?

Cs are on the buildings, R1 is under TownHall letters, W1 is near 5 foot square note, and P1 is between the buildings, far north

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka rolls her eyes at Renquist's words, "Oh fatalistic one, this is not the end." She punctuates her statement by sending a crimson lance of force into the chest of her attacker. Her gaze then rests upon the largest devil, and while her lips move, no sound comes out.

[sblock=actions]Standard: Eldritch Bolt C1. Hits Reflex 28 for 15 force damage. Didn't include any cover he may have, but that's still going to hit, I'm sure. If C1 attacks me before the start of my next turn, it takes 5 more force damage.
Free: Shroud the Rage Devil.

Still dazed.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats] Haruka Sato human hexblade 8
Initiative: +6 | Passive perception: 13 | Passive Insight: 19
AC: 25 | For: 22 | Ref: 20 | Will: 23
HP: 56/65 | Bloodied: 32 | Surge value: 16 | Surges: 10/10
Speed: 5 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +14 vs AC, 1d12+14 necrotic damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs Reflex, 1d10+14 force damage
Powers: Eldritch Bolt, Soul Eater