[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhrangrim's grin turns into a frown when one of his "girls" is unsummoned. When he is likewise injured it turns into a howl of rage. Using his own life force to summon Ursa Major behind the Goliath, they strike as a pack.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLL!"

Spurred on by his blood fury, Fhangrim puts his staff into the side of the invader. When the goliath shifts focus, the owlbear lashes out, tearing into him with devastating claws.

Fhangrim takes a quick moment to heal his own wounds before commanding Ursa Major to strike a finishing blow. Emulating its mother, the young Ursa Minor pounces, tearing into the goliath's corpse, ddevouring small bits of its flesh.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Resummon Ursa Major in R11. (Lose 1 healing surge)
Standard: Combined Attack
Fhangrim: +6 vs AC
Hit: 1d12+4 (+2 blood fury, +2 fey beast aura, +2 pack attack)
Combined Attack (Fhangrim) (1d20+6+2=21, 1d12+4+2+2+2=11) (19 vs AC; HIT)
Ursa Major: +6 vs AC (+2 CA)
Hit: 1d12+7 (+2 fey beast aura)
Combined Attack (Ursa Major) (1d20+6+2=27, 1d12+7+2=20) (HIT)
Minor: Healing Word (1d6=2)[/sblock]

[sblock=Contingient Actions]If ERG4 is bloodied but not dead after my 31 damage.
Action Point: Animal Attack
Ursa Major: +6 vs AC (+2 CA)
Hit: 1d12+7 (+2 fey beast aura)
Animal Attack (1d20+6+2=24, 1d12+7+2=18) (HIT)[/sblock]

OOC: EDIT: I misremembered the resummoning. I thought it had a short range, but it's actually nearest unoccupied square to me. The only thing that changes is that my attack roll was 2 less (which still hits) but the damage is the same.

OOC: EGR4 takes 31 damage.
If bloodied but not killed by that attack, then I hit him again for an additional 18 damage with an AP (49 total).

OOC: AP Spent. I'd rather use it and kill the goliath than allow it another turn.

OOC: EGR4 is dead.

[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 1
Passive Perception 21, Passive Insight 14
AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 12, Will 14
HP 22+4/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 8/10
Speed 7, Initiative +2
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Stones
Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [x],
Ferocious Charge [],
Healing Word [x][]
Daily Powers: Summon Fierce Boar []
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Major's Stats]Ursa Major - Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 13
AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16
HP 7+4/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3
Speed 6, Initiative +2[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Minor's Stats]Ursa Minor - Young Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 12
AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16
HP 14/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3
Speed 6, Initiative +2[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Leather moves to the side as he strikes out at the middle bladeling with his sword. The blow looks slow, almost lazy, causing the savage to howl with glee as the blade sails past harmlessly. Then Leather snaps his wrist causing the blade to slice back suddenly and slide past the Einherjar's exposed neck. The surprise of Leather's target is brutal as it throws up its weapon which plunges it deep into his fellow barbarian's eye socket. Both are dead before they hit the ground in a hail of sharp blades that burst forth in their death throes.

Leather weather's the needle storm with stoicism, with a growl. "Be quiet."

[sblock=Actions] Move: Shift to F13
Standard: Cleave at EBS8; incredibly a hit with a 5 on the die! Dead: Leather receives death burst attack
EBS6 takes 4 dmg automatically and is also killed. Leather receives a second death burst attack.
I prefer not to roll attacks against myself with EnWorld dice roller. The other dice roller site I had been using has a warning up, the site may have been hacked :(
[/sblock]

[sblock=Marcus Leather]
Marcus Leather
Human Fighter (Brawler) 1
Passive Perception/Insight 11
AC:19, Fort:19, Reflex:14, Will:12, Speed:5
HP: 31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:12/12
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter):

Conditions:

Powers
MBA: Longsword, +7 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
RBA: Handaxe, +6 vs AC, 1d6+4
Combat Challenge
Cleave, Grappling Strike, Weaponmaster's Strike

Steel Serpent Strike:
Inevitable Strike:
Second Wind

Comeback Strike:

Combat notes:
Deft Hurler Style: Leather can forgo dealing damage to the adjacent enemy to instead make a basic ranged attack with a heavy thrown weapon against one creature other than the target of your cleave. This ranged basic attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Brawler Style: Leather can use Grappling Strike for OAtks
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Haaku rushes to join the fray, leaping in front of Ilex to engage her assailant. Now that the battle is joined in earnest, the apparently feels no need to say any more- he let's his blood-drenched claw do the talking.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Walk -> U13
Standard: Charge vs EGR2 HIT AC 18 for 10 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 2

Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 13
AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:17 Will:14
HP: 21/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 8 Speed: 6 squares
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0

Melee Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+8 (off-hand)
Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort, Sohei Flurry, Off-hand Strike, Invigorating Stride, Jaws of the Wolf[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex seductively shifts to her right to stand next to Ursa Major. ”Don't worry about me, I'm harmless, just a woman caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.” Then suddenly from Ilex herself comes a wash of bright light that does damage to her foes and filling her allies with extra life force.

She hits 3 of the 4 Goliath's in in her range and attempts to push them into the water.

[sblock=stuff]
Minor: Hamadryad Aspect: Spellbinding Beauty::)Every enemy that can see Ilex grants combat advantage to her until the end of her next turn.

Move: Shift to Q11

Standard: Atk on EGR1-4 in that order, and dmg
4d20.each(8).hits(13) [[10, 8],[18, 8],[8, 8],[2, 8]] = (3)
4d20.each(8).hits(13) [1,2,5] = (8)
[sblock=ooc]It appears that the dice roller was thinking rolls below 13 hit and not above. I have corrected the hit count for our game. Hit EGR1-3 [/sblock]

Push EGR1 to L6 save needed
Push EGR2 to K7
Push EGR3 to M5 save needed

Considering spending AP depending on where EGR1 and EGR3 end up.[/sblock]

[sblock=status]I will update status later. I have to take girls to swim class[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
It appears that the dice roller was thinking rolls below 13 hit and not above. I have corrected the hit count for our game.

OOC: It appears that the roller does not add the 8 before comparing the result against the target of 13. I tried playing around with the roller a bit and concluded it is not possible to use hits and each together. If you want to use hits, you should subtract your bonus from the TN (target number; min. 2, max 20) and then you'll get the right answer.

OOC: @WifeOfMeepo: Feel free to roll any saves necessary to resolve further actions when you push things, as it will save time for all.

Also, on the note of the dice roller... I would not advise using the "hit" mechanic. Instead, simply roll standard d20 rolls. If you use invisible castle (which I can see that you did), you can simply designate that the roll happen 4 times. It will be a lot easier and quicker for us to check the rolls that way. Thanks!

NOTE: I am pretty slammed at work right now, but I will do my best to give you all an update today while I am at work, and if I can't, I'll try to give one when I get home.

OOC: EDIT: Also, @SonOfMeepo: That hit for 31 damage bloodied the Goliath and brought it down to 3/34 hp. So please let me know if you would still have used your AP to finish it off and if so, update your stat block accordingly.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: @WifeOfMeepo: Feel free to roll any saves necessary to resolve further actions when you push things, as it will save time for all.

OOC: I think the question was more of whether they chose to make their saves or not, because going prone may be more of a disadvantage to them then just choosing to not make the save and being pushed into the water.

Last edited:

Even for the consummate weapons-master that Leather is, the pop of flesh and spikes that came from the death-throes of his bladeling enemies was a bit quick for his reactions, and several large spikes managed to find their way through his armor's defenses, piercing muscle fiber and causing slight bleeding. Leather had been in worse situations by far, but it still didn't feel pretty.

Ilex on the other hand, was feeling rather pretty at this moment in time, as she cranked up her beauty rating by a factor of 200! Even for the blood crazed and psychotic Goliath warriors, her beauty was something to strike awe in their hearts, causing them to quickly back up several steps onto the edge of the docks. One of the unlucky Goliaths lost his footing, falling into the waters. Another was able to catch himself before falling next to his ship. However, the hamadryad's striking beauty was still too much for him to bear, and he felt himself lowering to one knee. The same one that was viciously attacked by the Magnificent Menagerie, however...well, his heart just couldn't take it and he collapsed, falling to the ground in a heap.

OOC: @SonOfMeepo: Don't worry about the AP...Ilex took care of it for you ;)

@WifeOfMeepo: Did you still want to spend that AP? Go ahead and post if you are going to do so, or let me know if you are not going to so that the NPC's can take their turn.

[sblock=Death Spikes & Falling Saves]

Death Spikes:

EBS6: CRITS Leather with Death Spikes for 11 damage! (9 damage for DS, +2 for Einherjar Savagery).
EBS8: Misses Leather with Death Spikes

Save vs Falling:

EGR1: Rolls a 5 to save vs falling and goes KERSPLASH in the waters!
EGR3: Rolls a 16 to save vs falling, leaving him dry, but PRONE in N6

[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Statuses]
EBS1/2/3/4/6/8: Dead
EBS5: 1/1 HP; Status: Normal
EBS7: 1/1 HP; Status: Normal

EGR1: 26/34 HP; Status: Takin' a swim!
EGR2: 16/34 HP; Status Bloodied
EGR3: 26/34 HP; Status: Prone
EGR4: DEAD

SLVR: ?/? HP; Status: Full Defense (AC 18, F 16, R 16, W 16)

Haaku: 21 (+4 temp)/30 HP; Status: Normal
Fhangrim: 22 (+4 temp)/28; Status: Normal
Ursa Major: 14 (+4 temp)/14 HP; Status: Normal
Ursa Minor: 14/14 HP; Status: Normal
Ilex: Status: 32 (+4 temp)/32 HP; Status: Targeted by Einherjar Savagery until start of EGR2's next turn.
Noctua Ursus: 0/0 HP; Status: Unsummoned
Leather: 20/31 HP; Status: Normal

[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: @SonOfMeepo: Don't worry about the AP...Ilex took care of it for you ;)

OOC: Actually that was the one she missed.

OOC: @WifeOfMeepo: Did you still want to spend that AP? Go ahead and post if you are going to do so, or let me know if you are not going to so that the NPC's can take their turn.

OOC: She's a bit frustrated right now. She was in the middle of rolling the saves like you asked her to do but then you rolled anyway. With her rolls, both goliath's failed. So whether she APs or not depends on where the goliath's actually end up.

[sblock=Current Statuses]
Ursa Major: 14 (+4 temp)/14 HP; Status: Normal[/sblock]

OOC: She comes back with hp equal to my surge value (7), not 14.

Remove ads