[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

OOC: @WifeofMeepo: Sorry for the confusion! I had meant it to read... go ahead and roll your saves for those kinds of actions in the future (meaning I would handle it this time). Since I caused the confusion (and you were doing as asked)... I'll let you chose whichever set of results suites you best for the goliath's saves.

@SonOfMeepo: Sorry, with the whole "hit" thing... which I'm totally not used to, I guess I wasn't entirely sure who hit and who didn't...I think I assumed they all hit, heh. So anyway... we'll go ahead and assume you used the AP to finish off EGR4. I'll update UM's stat block when I take the NPC's turn.

Thanks for the update, the honesty, and keeping me in my place! ;)

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Having managed to group three of the goliaths together, Ilex lets loose another spell hoping to hinder their ability to fight.

[sblock=details]
OOC:
I had decided to AP if I could target 3 goliaths in the AP attack. IF DM Saves were used Ilex would not AP. I will use my saves and Ilex will AP

Here are my saves for the goliaths. Both failed Ilex will AP.

Push EGR1 to L6 save Failed
Push EGR2 to K7
Push EGR3 to M5 save Failed
EGR1 and EGR3 Save vs. Push into water. (1d20=8, 1d20=4)

Here is my Action Point action.

Stone Blood (At-Will Standard Area burst 1 in 10 ✦ Arcane, Implement, Transmutation) Wizard Attack 1
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: +6 vs Fortitude
Hit: 1d6+5 damage and the target is slowed until the end of Ilex's next turn.
Attk vs EGR1 – EGR2 – EGR3 (1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=18, 1d20+8=9)
Hit EGR1 and EGR2
Dmg for AP Stone Blood (1d6+5=10)

Hit EGR1 and EGR2 for 10 DMG [/sblock]

[sblock=Ilex's Stats]Ilex Cassine - Hammadryad Witch 3
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 20
AC 15, Fort 14, Reflex 16, Will 18
HP 28/28 Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 8/8 Temp HP 4
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, []Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Stone Blood,
Hypnotism,
Light,
Mage Hand
Encounter Powers: []Chameleon's Mask,
[x]Hamadryad Aspects,
[x]Glorious Presence,
[]Herbal Healing,
[]Color Spray,
[]Spidersilk Mantle
Daily Powers: []Augury,
[]Healing Word,
[]Arcane Whirlwind,
[]Feyswarm Staff,
[]Flute of the Dancing Satyr[/sblock]
[sblock=Luna's Stats]Luna - Moon Wisp Familiar
AC 17, Fort 15, Reflex 17, Will 19
HP 1/1
Constant Benefits: Ilex gains +2 to Arcana and Nature
At-Will Powers: Moon Wisp Radiance
Milestone Power: []Moon Bite[/sblock]
[sblock=Noctua's Stats]Noctua Ursus - Young Owlbear Companion
Ferocious Companion: Aura 1 - Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 19
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 14, Will 18
HP 16/16 Bloodied 8, Surge Value 4
Speed 6, Initiative +1[/sblock]

Roaring with anger at how his minions were being flung about the place, the Bugbear stomps forward with his big hairy feet and slings his bladed whip about his body. It flies out toward Haaku, singing as it slices through the air, and then a the last minute, the leashed blade snaps to the side, stabbing into Ilex's leg. Looking back at his slaves, the bugbear roars again.

"What you maggot doing!? Get in fight! Stab! Stab!"

With their master angered, the Goliaths scamper to get back into the fight, swimming and running with all of their might. Though most of them struggled against the affliction enacted upon them by Ilex's magic, one of the Goliaths manage to get close enough to take a stab at Haaku. However, the desert warrior proved the quicker and easily sidestepped the badly aimed attack.

Ilex was not quite so lucky, however, as one of the Goliath warriors managed to skirt around his master and charge full throttle toward the hamadryad, spear stabbing forward. The Goliath grins as he feels his weapon meet flesh and screams wordlessly in victory, knowing his master would be pleased...and might not whip him any further that day.

On the western side of the battle, Leather seems to weave a dance with the bladelings as they hop about, blades flashing toward him only to meet steel and air.

[sblock=Actions]
EBS5: Standard: Charge to E12 and attack Leather with Rusty Blade; hits AC 8 (Miss); Activates Einherjar Savagery vs Leather until start of EBS5's next turn.

EBS7: Move: Moves to I11.
Standard: Charge to G12 and attack Leather with Rusty Blade; hits AC 14 (Miss); Activates Einherjar Savagery vs Leather until start of EBS7's next turn.

SLVR: Move - Moves to O9.
Standard: Attacks Ilex with Whip Blade; hits AC 23 for 14 damage. EGR3 then shifts 1 square to N6.

EGR1: Move - Moves to L7, rolling a 16 on a DC 10 strength check to climb onto the docks.
Standard -> Move - Moves to M9

EGR2: Move - Moves to L9
Standard - Charge Haaku, attacking with Bone Spear; hits AC 8 (Miss). This triggers Einherjar Savagery vs Haaku until the start of EGR2's next turn...which isn't likely to come about =P

EGR3: Move - Moves to Q7
Standard - Charges Ilex with Bone Spear; hits AC 21 for 9 damage. This triggers Einherjar Savagery vs Ilex until the start of EGR3's next turn.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Statuses]

EBS1/2/3/4/6/8: Dead
EBS5: 1/1 HP; Status: Normal
EBS7: 1/1 HP; Status: Normal

EGR1: 16/34 HP; Status: Bloodied
EGR2: 6/34 HP; Status Bloodied
EGR3: 26/34 HP; Status: Normal
EGR4: DEAD

SLVR: ?/? HP; Status: Normal

Haaku: 21 (+4 temp)/30 HP; Status: Targeted by Einherjar Savagery until the start of EGR2's next turn.
Fhangrim: 22 (+4 temp)/28; Status: Normal
Ursa Major: 7 (+4 temp)/14 HP; Status: Normal
Ursa Minor: 14/14 HP; Status: Normal
Ilex: Status: 13/32 HP; Status: Bloodied. Targeted by Einherjar Savagery until the start of EGR3's next turn.
Leather: 20/31 HP; Status: Normal
[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
The pack moves to surround another one of the goliaths. Ursa Major tears into it spilling its blood on the ground.

Fhangrim then uses his power to heal Ilex.

"My friends! So nice of you to join us for dinner. You will make quite a meal for us!"

[sblock=actions]Move: Fhangrim to R10, Ursa Minor to P9. (My companions can take a move action when I do.)
Standard: Animal Attack vs EGR3
Ursa Major: +6 vs AC (+2 CA)
Hit: 1d12+7 damage (+2 Fey Beast Aura)
Animal Attack (1d20+6+2=19, 1d12+7+2=15) (HIT)
Minor: Healing Word (Ilex)
Healing Word (1d6=2)[/sblock]

OOC: EGR 3 takes 15 damage and is now bloodied at 11/34 hp.
Ilex spends a surge, healing 10 hp. She is now at 23/32 hp.

[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 1
Passive Perception 21, Passive Insight 14
AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 12, Will 14
HP 22+4/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 8/10
Speed 7, Initiative +2
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Stones
Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [x],
Ferocious Charge [],
Healing Word [x][x]
Daily Powers: Summon Fierce Boar []
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Major's Stats]Ursa Major - Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 13
AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16
HP 7+4/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3
Speed 6, Initiative +2

Aura 1: Allies gain +2 to defenses while in the aura.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Minor's Stats]Ursa Minor - Young Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 12
AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16
HP 14/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3
Speed 6, Initiative +2

Aura 1: Allies gain +2 to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.[/sblock]

OOC: Don't forget about the owlbears auras!

WEContact

First Post
[sblock=OOC] [MENTION=6687049]Wife Of Meepo[/MENTION] it would be extremely convenient for me if you could kill EGR2 or push him away from. I'm gonna nova SLVR anyways (5 attacks), but if you go first and move him away/kill him I don't have to provoke an OA to do it.[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Excellent. Well I'll delay after her, and if she misses then I take an OA.

Haaku glances at Ilex. This peon in front of him was on his last legs, not worth his time. He wanted the leader, he wanted to cut the legs out of the force against them. There- Ilex's spell washes over the enemies in front of him, and he lunges for the slaver even before the glare from the dryad's magic has faded. Haaku is a whirling storm of claws and blades, bolstered by Ursa Minor's fey energy, and while a few fail to connect, the savage is brutally savaged.

[sblock=Actions]
DELAY AFTER ILEX

Move: Walk -> O10
Standard: Twin Strike vs SLVR HIT AC 22 MISS AC 13
Minor: Sohei Flurry vs SLVR HIT AC 19
Spend AP: Twin Strike vs SLVR MISS AC 13 HIT AC 27

Summary: SLVR takes 30 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 2

Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 13
AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:17 Will:14
HP: 21/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 8 Speed: 6 squares
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0

Melee Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+8 (off-hand)
Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort, Sohei Flurry, Off-hand Strike, Invigorating Stride, Jaws of the Wolf[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Leather moves to one side and takes a hand axe swiftly from his belt with his off hand. Almost in the same movement he brings his longsword to bear down once more towards the exposed head of one of the savages harassing him. The einherjar presses hard as he makes his move though and it is all he can do to stave off the counter attack. Seeing his advantage lost and finding himself open to attack he drops the hand axe to the ground to better defend himself in the open hand style he is trained in.

[sblock=Actions] Shift to G13
Minor action: Draw hand Axe with empty hand
Standard: Cleave on EBS7 Edit: ... a 2 -.- Miss. Marked at least
Free Action: Drop Hand Axe
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex takes cover behind Ursa Major and lets fly her spell to hit the two goliaths and the bugbear who so conveniently arranged themselves for her attack. Though they know they shouldn't underestimate Ilex's ability to reak havok, they are still in awe of her, and she plans to use that fact to her advantage.

[Sblock=Actions]

Move: Shift to P12
Standard: Color Spray (Encounter Standard Close blast 5 ✦ Arcane, Evocation, Implement, Radiant) Witch Attack 3
Target: Each creature in blast
Attack: +6 vs Will
Hit: 1d6+5 radiant damage and the target is dazed until the end of Ilex's next turn.
Attk Will - EGR2, SLVR, EGR1 (1d20+6+2=27, 1d20+6+2=14, 1d20+6+2=17)
Dmg on Color Spray (1d6+5=6)
Three Hits 6 Dmg to Goliaths, 8 Dmg to Slaver in Um aura. All are Dazed. [/sblock]

[sblock=Ilex's Stats]Ilex Cassine - Hammadryad Witch 3
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 20
AC 15, Fort 14, Reflex 16, Will 18
HP 23/32 Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 7/8
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, []Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Stone Blood,
Hypnotism,
Light,
Mage Hand
Encounter Powers: []Chameleon's Mask,
[x]Hamadryad Aspects,
[x]Glorious Presence,
[]Herbal Healing,
[x]Color Spray,
[]Spidersilk Mantle
Daily Powers: []Augury,
[]Healing Word,
[]Arcane Whirlwind,
[]Feyswarm Staff,
[]Flute of the Dancing Satyr[/sblock]
[sblock=Luna's Stats]Luna - Moon Wisp Familiar
AC 17, Fort 15, Reflex 17, Will 19
HP 1/1
Constant Benefits: Ilex gains +2 to Arcana and Nature
At-Will Powers: Moon Wisp Radiance
Milestone Power: []Moon Bite[/sblock]
[sblock=Noctua's Stats]Noctua Ursus - Young Owlbear Companion
Ferocious Companion: Aura 1 - Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 19
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 14, Will 18
HP 16/16 Bloodied 8, Surge Value 4
Speed 6, Initiative +1[/sblock]

OOC: Okay... wow... I haven't worked out the math on all of that yet...but it looks like I may need to up the ante here to actually challenge you guys. Good god. This is an encounter designed for 5 level 3 characters... and 4 lvl 1's just ripped through it in like... 3 rounds... *claps hands in awe* Nicely done... might have another round to mop up whatever is left over...but it's pretty much done by my general estimates... Let's see... if I change all of the minions into regulars....or maybe all of the regulars into elites.... hmmm.... lol ;)

Remove ads