[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

jbear

First Post
Leather misses the first strike but quickly recovers his balance for a follow up strike against the staggering creature snatching at the orc's neck with his empty hand and taking it in a vice like grip. Leather lets out a roar of channelled fury and literally lifts the orc off its feet. "You have failed savage!!! Death greets you and waits for us another day!!" Held in mid air like a rag doll, the orc struggles weakly, raising its axe intent on taking Leather with him, but Leather's blade is too fast, piercing up into the soft of its jaw and puncturing through the top of its skull.

Leather, gripping the dead enemy's knotted hair and with several twits of his blade, tears off the head with his bare hand, and then tosses aside what is left of the invader's leader with a flick of his sword. He tosses the head onto the small mountains of bodies the group has left in their wake. Sheathing his sword he smiles a rare smile. "Our battle is won. I am proud to have stood amongst you all this day."

He turns to the dwarven canon master. "You too, dwarf."

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Grappling Strike vs ORM ... oh .... please hit!
Edit: Crit! That was a pretty brutal ending we laid down on him there!!
[/sblock]

OOC: Count me in!

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
I noticed on thing about the xp totals on page 1.

*First Wave: Level 2 encounter (8 lvl 1 minions @ 25xp each, 4 lvl 1 brutes @ 100 xp each, 1 lvl 1 elite brute @ 125 xp); Budget XP: 725; L4W Rewarded XP: 1450

A level 1 elite should be worth 200 xp, not 125.

I noticed on thing about the xp totals on page 1.

A level 1 elite should be worth 200 xp, not 125.

OOC: Heh, that was my mistake on labeling the Slaver. The slaver wasn't an elite. It was a level 2 Skirmisher (Leader)... and for some reason, the Leader part was making me think elite. I will change the labels to more accurately reflect what you guys battled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As the team rips the orc to shredded pieces of humanoid and piles him with the rest of the invaders, Boomer gives a victorious shout and wipes the sweat off of his brow.

"I weren't certain the lot o'ya were gonna win that one. Sure glad y'did, though! Now...some'n needs t'clean this mess up," he says, motioning to the piles of gore strewn about the docks, "an it ain't gonna be me!"

Wheeling his cannon's out of the yards of those houses that just happened to be located where the adventurers did battle, the dwarf pats his cannons, whispering thanks for a job well done to them.

"N'where be tha' Lieutenant fellow...I gots t'git paid fer me services...yaknow...so I c'n pay off me debts..."

Apparently, it was a rhetorical question, as Boomer continues wheeling his cannons back to his house, where he will spend the next few nights cleaning them thoroughly.

After you watch Boomer walk away with one of his cannons, a lower ranking member of the Militia walks onto the scene from between two of the houses.

"Hail there, Adventurers! It seems you have had success in your battles! Most of us have pushed through on the other docks as well, and we have pretty well routed all of the invaders! Oh! Forgive me, I forgot to introduce myself! I am corporal Stanley Mynaught. Lieutenant Proudman is looking for you guys and said that if you were still alive, and are done here, to meet him at the Hanged Man. Seeing how things are here...I'd just like to say congratulations, and thanks for all of your fine help! Not all of us were so lucky, and I'm glad to see that we can count on you adventuring types to help out!"

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim and is girls had been taking a moment to lick some of the fresh blood off of their fur when the corporal showed up. The gnoll stops what his is doing and gives the gnoll a toothy smile.

"All right my good man, we'll be right over."

Ursa Minor is continuing to eat her fill of the kill, but Ursa Major is seated staring out over the see.

"What is it girl?"

"Oh, yeah, you hear him? Yeah, I know I can hear him too."

"I think he will be with us shortly."

"One big, happy family again."

OOC: Fhangrim heads back to the tavern.

When the group arrives back at the Hanged Man Inn, Lieutenant Proudman is standing there at the entrance waiting for you. He greets the group with a large smile, happy to see that there were no losses.

"I heard of your complete success! You all make Daunton proud! I just got back from my superiors, and after reporting to them that you not only routed the invaders, but also managed to commandeer two of their ships, they were able to speak with the local merchants to procure more credits slips for you. I apologize that I wasn't able to get this in hard gold, but we're falling on some pretty hard times. Selling some of those ships we recovered should help, but until we find some buyers, I'm afraid this is the best we can do for now."

Proudman hands each of you an envelope, labeled clearly with your name on it. After handing all of them out, he stands erect and salutes the lot of you.

"It has been a real pleasure working with you all. I wish you the best in your future endeavors. Do look me up if I can help you in any way."

And with that, the Lieutenant walks off down the street back to the docks, where a lot of repairs, and a whole lot more cleanup needed to be seen to. The invasion lasted maybe 10 minutes from first shots to finish, but it will be weeks before things were back as they were just yesterday.

OOC: And that concludes The Invasion of the Einherjar! Thank you to everyone for making this an enjoyable experience!

If you visit the first page and first post of this adventure, you will see that I have updated all of the XP and wealth tables to reflect what has been earned. Now I need to go revamp my next adventure...cause you guys are a bit higher in level than I anticpated :D

Oh, and on a side note... the credit slips are just IC fluff. You can treat it as standard gold earned and can spend it as you like within Daunton.

If you guys will be wanting a 5th for the adventure, please let me know so that I can find someone in the Hanged Man to join you!

@covaithe : If you could, please, verify, validate, and give a big green YES to the XP and wealth given for this adventure (and the 2 and two-thirds months of DM credits). I appreciate your shadowy presence and hope that you can judge my next adventure as well!

Son of Meepo

First Post
Thanks for the adventure

I think having a 5th will be beneficial.

Also I will most likely be spending DM RP to advance Fhangrim to 4th level because I think we could use the extra encounter heal.

I have absolutely no problem with you jumping to 4th level with Fhangrim [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION]. I'm going to have to take a look at my encounters though, cause that means we'll have a lvl 3 (Leather), a soon to be lvl 4 (Haaku), a solid lvl 4 (Fhangrim), and a soon to be lvl 5.

Son of Meepo

First Post
The owlbears nudge their snouts into the doorway of the Hanged Man.

Fhangrim holds up a hand.

"Yes girls, he is here. I sense him too."

OOC: Fhangrim gains the Spirit Talker feat. The spirit of the deceased goaler pygmy owlbear, Ursa Maximus, father of Ursa Minor joins the menagerie.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Thanks for the adventure CFW! Looking forward to the sequel.

By the way, I could use some Approvals so I can apply the rewards to Haaku. I'll be clearing out some approval requests myself tonight so any of you can skip straight to Haaku with a clear conscience. :)

By the way, new encounter power will be Rain of Blows, and I'm buying new equipment: Iron Armbands and a +1 Devastating Ki Focus. With those, provided I hit with all three RoB attacks but don't crit, average damage is 35, minimum is 30. If I can start my turn with an AP next to a quarried target, and I don't miss, nova round does 71 minimum, 104 max.

Last edited:

OOC: Thanks for the adventure CFW! Looking forward to the sequel.

By the way, I could use some Approvals so I can apply the rewards to Haaku. I'll be clearing out some approval requests myself tonight so any of you can skip straight to Haaku with a clear conscience. :)

By the way, new encounter power will be Rain of Blows, and I'm buying new equipment: Iron Armbands and a +1 Devastating Ki Focus. With those, provided I hit with all three RoB attacks but don't crit, average damage is 35, minimum is 30. If I can start my turn with an AP next to a quarried target, and I don't miss, nova round does 71 minimum, 104 max.

Did I mention that I needed to look at my encounters? :devil:

Remove ads