[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

The battle seemed to sway in the invaders' favor for a while, but the Adventures quickly turn it around thanks to the magical effects of Ilex and Fhangrim, allowing Haaku and Leather to stay in the fight. No small part of this turn around, however, was in part to the Owlbears protective measures, acting as meat shields if nothing else. After all, it's pretty hard to attack your enemy when it has a 7 foot tall meat wall between you and it. Though it desperately wanted to get in at Leather, the remaining Goliath was stuck dealing with Noctua Ursa. Though she was easily dispatched with a solid stabbing of the spear, this left the Goliath unable to attack the armored fighter, who was busy defending himself against the onslaught of the large Orc. Try as the orc might, though, it just could not seem to penetrate Leather's solid defenses, and the dark-skinned fighter ensured that he kept the Orc's attention away from his comrades.

"Get over here ya lout! Help me with this can o'sardines, I'm hungry!"

Complying with his master's wishes, the Goliath dashed in to join the Orc against Leather, though he would not be able to attack the fighter before he could attack back again.

[sblock=Actions]
EGR10:
- Standard: Penetrating Spear vs NU; Hits for 26 damage, (over)killing NU.
- Move: Moves to L13

ORM:
- Recharge roll: fails on a 3.
- Standard: Battle Axe vs Leather; Misses
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]

EBS's (All dead)

EGR 10: 17/34 hp; Status: Bloodied, Marked by Leather

ORM: taken 28 damage / ??; Status: Marked by Leather

Ilex: 12/32 hp; Status: Bloodied
-- NU: 0/16 hp; Status: Unsummoned

Haaku: 9/30 hp; Status: Bloodied

Leather: 10/31 hp; Status: Bloodied

Fhangrim: 28/28 hp; Status: Normal
-- UM: 9/14 hp; Status: Normal
-- Um: 0/14 hp; Status: Unsummoned

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Deciding he could overwhelm the remaining raiders with a numbers advantage, Fhangrim recalls Ursa Minor from the Feywild. But this time he brings a friend with his girl. A boar, tusks dripping with saliva appears next to the goliath, lunging for him, but narrowly missing. The menagerie then moves into position.

[sblock=actions]Minor: Re-summon Ursa Minor in O13.
Standard: Summon Fierce Boar in L14.
Summoned Fierce Boar (1d20+4=10, 1d8+4=9) (MISS)
Move: Fhangrim to N11, Ursa Minor to N13, Ursa Major to N12.[/sblock]

[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 1
Passive Perception 21, Passive Insight 14
AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 12, Will 14
HP 28/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 1/10
Speed 7, Initiative +2
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Stones
Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [], Ferocious Charge [], Healing Word [x][x]
Daily Powers: Summon Fierce Boar [x] [/sblock]
[sblock=Ursa Major's Stats]Ursa Major - Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 13
AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16
HP 9/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3
Speed 6[/sblock]
[sblock=Ursa Minor's Stats]Ursa Minor - Young Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 12
AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16
HP 7/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3
Speed 6[/sblock]
[sblock=Summoned Fierce Boar's Stats]Summoned Fierce Boar
AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 12, Will 14 HP 14/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3
Speed 6[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Haaku ignores his wounds, and springs into action. He stows his chakram in a flash and closes in on the orc, his blade and claw flashing.

[sblock=Actions]Move: ->M11
Minor: Stow Chatchka
Standard: Twin Strike HIT OM AC 17 HIT IM AC 19
Result: OM takes 18 damage[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 2

Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 13
AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:17 Will:14
HP: 9/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 1/8 Speed: 6 squares
AP: 0, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 0

Melee Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+8 (off-hand)
Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort, Sohei Flurry, Off-hand Strike, Invigorating Stride, Jaws of the Wolf[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION]: The Chatkcha cannot be used as a melee weapon. Unlike the Dagger, which is a Melee weapon with the light thrown property and a range, the Chatkcha is a one handed RANGED weapon. As such, it is not made to be used in melee combat. And because you cannot use both a ranged attack and a melee attack in one use of Twin Strike, you will need to revamp your turn. Alternatively, I will allow you to use the Chatkcha as an Improvised melee weapon (no prof bonus, 1d6 slashing damage). Please let me know what you wish to do.

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Get closer to the boar!" Fhangrim yells to Haaku.

OOC: @WEContact

One more thing to consider is that if I don't control the boar he charges the nearest bloodied creature he can, or if there is no creature he can legally charge, he attacks an adjacent enemy.

If you move to L12, you are safe because you would be one square away from the boar.

If at all possible I'd like to get an extra attack from the boar without having to spend actions on it.

Sorry, I meant to mention it when I posted my turn, but got distracted and then forgot.

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex looks at the last goliath and growls “IT’s in YOU, KILL IT”. Without a second thought the Goliath starts cutting open his stomach but before he can finish Leather calls out ”Let me help you with that,” and with a swing of his longsword slices off the goliath’s head.

[sblock=Actions] STANDARD: on EGR10 Hypnotism (At-Will Standard Ranged 10 ✦ Arcane, Charm, Enchantment, Implement)Wizard Attack 1
Target: One creature. Attack: +6 vs Will Hit: Choose one of the following effects:
The target uses a free action to make a melee basic attack against a creature of your choice, with a +4 power bonus to the attack roll.

Hypnotism on EGR 10 (1d20+6=25) Hit!

Attacking himself (PB+Aura+Marked) (1d20+6+4+2-2=22) HIT!!

Damage time (2d6+5=12)

Leather’s Combat Challange Attack
Basic Attack Longsword Atk: +7 vs AC; Dmg: 1d8+4
Ding Dong the Goliath is DEAD!
Combat Challenge Attack on EGR10 (1d20+7=23)
Damage +2 from Um (1d8+4+2=13)
Ding Dong the Goliath is DEAD!

MINOR: none

MOVE:None[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]can't use flute due to difficult terrain. Returned dancers to starting position and didn't use flute. oh well. Looked good for a minute there. [/sblock]
[sblock=status][sblock=Ilex Cassine - Hammadryad Witch 3]
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 20
AC 15, Fort 14, Reflex 16, Will 18
HP 12/32 Temp HP 4 Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 2/8
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, []Second Wind
At-Will Powers:
Stone Blood,
Hypnotism,
Light,
Mage Hand

Encounter Powers:

[ ]Chameleon's Mask,
[x]Hamadryad Aspects,
[x]Glorious Presence,
[x]Herbal Healing,
[ ]Color Spray,
[ ]Spidersilk Mantle

Daily Powers:

[ ]Augury,
[x]Healing Word,
[x]Arcane Whirlwind,
[x]Feyswarm Staff,
[ ]Flute of the Dancing Satyr
[/sblock]
[sblock=Luna - Moon Wisp Familiar - Status: Passive (x), Active ( )]
AC 17, Fort 15, Reflex 17, Will 19
HP 1/1
Constant Benefits: Ilex gains +2 to Arcana and Nature
At-Will Powers: Moon Wisp Radiance
Milestone Power: []Moon Bite[/sblock]
[sblock=Noctua Ursus - Young Owlbear Companion ( )Summoned]
Ferocious Companion: Aura 1 - Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 19
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 14, Will 18
HP 8/16 Temp HP Bloodied 8, Surge Value 4
Speed 6, Initiative +1[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION]: The Chatkcha cannot be used as a melee weapon. Unlike the Dagger, which is a Melee weapon with the light thrown property and a range, the Chatkcha is a one handed RANGED weapon. As such, it is not made to be used in melee combat. And because you cannot use both a ranged attack and a melee attack in one use of Twin Strike, you will need to revamp your turn. Alternatively, I will allow you to use the Chatkcha as an Improvised melee weapon (no prof bonus, 1d6 slashing damage). Please let me know what you wish to do.
OOC: Dang, that's unfortunate. I spent my Minor action stowing the Chatkcha instead of using Sohei Flurry. I updated my turn accordingly.

jbear

First Post
Leather moves to the side deftly falling into flanking position with Fangrim. He shifts he grip into a two handed grip as he drives his blade upwards at the orc savage, dropping into a defensive one handed position to await for the inevitable retaliation.

[sblock=Actions] Leather shifts to L13 to flank ORM with Fangrim
Standard: Weapon Master's strike (2 handed) vs ORM with Heavy Blade (+1 AC vs targets attks if it hits); hit or miss ORM remains mark TENT. Edit: Hehe ... Hit (Just again!!)
Then return to one handed grip.[/sblock]

[sblock=Marcus Leather]
Marcus Leather
Human Fighter (Brawler) 1
Passive Perception/Insight 11
AC:19, Fort:19, Reflex:14, Will:12, Speed:5
HP: 10/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:5/12
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter): USED

Conditions: Weapon Master's Strike: Heavy Blade: +1 AC TENT (AC 20)

Powers
MBA: Longsword, +7 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
MBA: Battle Axe, +6 vs AC, 1d10+4 dmg
RBA: Handaxe, +6 vs AC, 1d6+4 (1/3 used)
Combat Challenge
Cleave, Grappling Strike, Weaponmaster's Strike

Steel Serpent Strike: USED
Inevitable Strike: USED
Second Wind
USED
Comeback Strike: USED

Combat notes:
Deft Hurler Style: Leather can forgo dealing damage to the adjacent enemy to instead make a basic ranged attack with a heavy thrown weapon against one creature other than the target of your cleave. This ranged basic attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Brawler Style: Leather can use Grappling Strike for OAtks
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: ORM is down 56 hp, Haaku still has his Sohei Flurry, and Fhangrim still has Combined Attack. Things aren't looking to good for him to survive another round.

Remove ads