Adventure: Just Before Nightfall (DM:johnmeier1, Judge:Ozymandias79)

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=DMDanW]Here it is before or after Dextyr moves[/sblock]

[sblock=updated map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• cathedral12.jpg
    cathedral12.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=DMDanW] It was the previous round he moved, if you look above he got an attack of opportunity on the vampire, then he used Clever Strike on the spawn. No movement. I was confused and thought he used Clever Strike on the vampire and forgot the move. So I said " Tonk needs one of you adjacent to him to use Clever strike (I put him at M11 since the vampire is at N12)" but that was wrong, the map is right now. Is Dextyr still feeling brave?[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=feeling brave?]
No. Dex will keep his distance and attack with vicious mockery instead. Should I re-roll or just use the last roll and adjust the modifier (which will be a miss)? I'll leave that up to you DM, but just in case I will post another roll below.
[/sblock]

Dextyr takes a step back and continues to taunt the vampire and sing the battle hymn.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Minor = Sustain zone]
Move = Move to I14
Standard = Vicious Mockery; 1d20+5 (Vicious Mockery)=16, a miss either way....
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
The vampire sees all keeping their distance from him and smiles, though his body is severely cut and beaten. Cowards, I will beat you down. He strides forward towards Murphy, but stumbles and misses with his first punch. The second hits the assassin, knocking him back but the aura around him hurts the vampire. Those wounds heal immediately as the hunger stays in its eyes, unsatisfied.

[sblock=mechanics] Lame turn for the vampire with a miss and hit. Tonk was weakened TENT by the blood drain, so his AoO only did 6 damage. I won't forget again. Remember the difficult terrain, Shorrin's readied action didn't go off so he gets a full turn. EVERYBODY GO NOW![/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Name Pos HP Temp HS Effects
Vampire L13 -189hp -2AP hit it heal 4, Targeted (Murphy) 2 shrouds, bloodied
Shorrin N15 40/43 0thp 5/13 +1 hit +2 dam vs vamp
Larinza J10 24/34 0thp 6/8
Murphy K14 29/37 0thp 6/8 Talon Amulet
Janus K14 30/30 8thp 3/7
Tonk J9 6/29 0thp 0/8 bloodied
Dextyr I14 25/33 8thp 6/10 burst 5 +1 attack to allies
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• cathedral13.jpg
    cathedral13.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Murphy calls on more shadows to swarm his chosen foe, then steps into Janus' shadow, reappearing behind the vampire, stepping from the shadow of the pillar.

The assassin smiles as he slashes at the vampire, but even with his element of surprise and Dextyr's uplifting melody, his blade is just turned away. Some of his shadowlings grab bits of the vampire before dissipating though.

[sblock=ooc]
Free: 2 shrouds on vamp
Move: Shadow Step to M12
Standard: Shadow Storm on Vampire - vs ac; dmg; shrouds (1d20 13=19, 1d10 12=22, 4d6=17) his AC is 20...isn't it? *Fudge, miss by 1* still do 13 damage from shrouds at least
Minor: be sad
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Murphy Tang Male Human Assassin 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal
AC:20, Fort:16, Reflex:18, Will:19
HP:29/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:6/8
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Inescapable Blade
Shadow Storm
Assassin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Changeling Disguise

Shadow Darts
Army of the Night
Sneak Attack
Changeling's Trick
Shade Form

Targeted for Death
Lurking Shadow
Talon Amulet
Deathcut Leather Armour

Conditions:

Important Stuff: When Murphy kills with a melee attack, gains 5 thp.
When attacking with CA, add +1 damage (Talon Amulet)

Full sheet: [/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"Coward?! You call us coward?! You is the big fat sissy crybaby who try for to run away, so you shut up!"

Tonk moves behind the vampire and charges. [Move to N11. Standard: Charge! 1d20+8+2+1=19, forgot the +1 for Dextyr, so it just BARELY hits! 1d8+5+1d8+2d6+1=17 damage, divide in half for 8 damage]

Last edited:

Remove ads