• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger

"So, Lady Catarina, are there any folk to be found in these so-called 'Stolen Lands' who are, in your wise judgment, worthy of being permitted to escape from our cleansing with their lives? Or should we practice more of a scorched earth policy to thoroughly scour the land before your settlers arrive?

renau1g

First Post
The woman's face blanches at Faustus' words, "Uh, I am just a repository of knowledge and an aide to your mission. I would suggest you speak to the Swordlords about that" she says, clearly uneasy with the talk of cleansing and scorched earth

Leif

Adventurer

The woman's face blanches at Faustus' words, "Uh, I am just a repository of knowledge and an aide to your mission. I would suggest you speak to the Swordlords about that" she says, clearly uneasy with the talk of cleansing and scorched earth
A knowing smile plays at the corners of Faustus's mouth as he contemplates the scouring to come. "As you wish, Milady. We would not have yourself nor your image sullied by such unseemly specifications. Fear not, the task has been placed in good hands."

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
As Faustus completes his words, a courier moves into the room and hands Catarina a missive, which she looks over and then presents to you

Charter.jpg

"Here is your charter from the Lord Mayor, it appears we have everything in order, good luck" she says succinctly, giving an awkward nod as she leaves, avoiding the tiefling's gaze.

The group leaves Restov, again drawing the interested stares of the townspeople, but exit without any incidents. The trade road is little more than a nearly overgrown path, apparently disuse has nearly rendered it useless, at least for any sort of trade that the road was created for.

After days of travel, you spot what must be Oleg's, an old-looking fortress, with signs of recent repairs being completed on the structure. You see that a ten-foot wooden palisade surrounds the structures, you even spot some catapults on the corners of the wall, although by the looks of them, they're in no condition to fire. The fort is huge, over a hundred feet per side.

Walking around to the front you see a thirty foot wide opening in the palisade, the doors open.

HandofMystra

First Post
How to p/o a druid

Elurín was again absent-mindedly tapping his staff on the flagstones thinking, I would ask where fey were in this Greenbelt, but I am sure that anything these could tell me about the fey would be wrong, when he suddenly stiffened.
"So, Lady Catarina, are there any folk to be found in these so-called 'Stolen Lands' who are, in your wise judgment, worthy of being permitted to escape from our cleansing with their lives? Or should we practice more of a scorched earth policy to thoroughly scour the land before your settlers arrive?
In a controlled whirl, he turns to the teifling "If you wish to scorch the earth, my toothy friend, I suggest you do not do it near mine."
At this the half-elf's eyes glare, his nails and fingers get visibly longer and his teeth seem larger and more pointed. "I hope when they say scorched earth policy in your land they mean something different than burning the land!"

HandofMystra

First Post
As the fort comes into view, Elurin looks it over and the druid holds up his hand. "Let me look things over in a more subtle way" The druid drops to all fours, turns into a dog and ambles around the fort, not going through the doorway. When the dog returns, he rears up onto two feet and changes back to the familiar half-elf.
[sblock=perception]1d20+9=21[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

After the Lady leaves us, but before we depart, Faustus says to Elurin: "Fear not, good Half-Elf, I meant no offense to the earth itself, I was referring to our being extra thorough in ridding the land of all "troublemakers" and leaving their corpses to nourish the earth itself by their swift decomposition." ;)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"There's a useful trick." Scorpius says as the druid leaves. He takes a seat on a nearby rock. "I say we let that fellow take point when we start mapping. I'd rather have a bear in front than a person."

Remove ads