• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger

"There's a useful trick." Scorpius says as the druid leaves. He takes a seat on a nearby rock. "I say we let that fellow take point when we start mapping. I'd rather have a bear in front than a person."
"And I second that motion," quoth the Tiefling.

Scotley

Hero
Mari

As the wait for the dog nee-half-elf to return. Mari glances once more at their charter and then at her spear. "I guess I should get a rope since I don't have a sword." She marks the tension between Half-Elf and Tiefling, but since it does not appear likely to come to blows she does not comment on it. Instead, she asks, "So what's the weather like in these parts?"

Shayuri

First Post
"You people sure are friendly," Ezmerelda remarks. "We wash up out of nowhere, armed to the teeth, and you guide us to a major city where we get a job mapping the countryside. I mean...what if we're the vanguard or recon force of a major invasion? There could be a hundred ships out there, just over the horizon, waiting for our signal."

She shrugs. "Don't get me wrong. It's a nice change of pace."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Goliath greets Ezmerelda's words with a look of guileless innocence. "Well, as I said to Elurín at our first meeting you might as well approach life like everyone's your friend, or no one is. It's our duty to help those less fortunate, right?"

Then his features shift to something much more implacable and the stone of his native mountains is in his voice. "And if you turn out to be foe rather than friend, well . . . what better way to get to know the mettle of your foes than to fight alongside them? Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Elurin]
During your investigation you hear two voices inside the fort, one male, one female, but unable to make out exactly what they're saying. It's not a heated discussion, nor any threatening one, seemingly regular conversation[/sblock]

HandofMystra

First Post
As Elurín raises himself up, he says quietly, "I heard two voices male and female talking; I could not make out words. There is nothing that leads me to believe that anything is out of the ordinary. I would be happy to approach with the groups backing." As he says this you notice how friendly the druid has been and how much the people in the town seemed to like him. This is another of those charming half-elves

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Well, let's be about it, then. This is the place Swordlord Jamandi and Historian Catarina sent us to find."

He gestures for Elurín to lead the way in through the front gates.

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger

"You people sure are friendly," Ezmerelda remarks. "We wash up out of nowhere, armed to the teeth, and you guide us to a major city where we get a job mapping the countryside. I mean...what if we're the vanguard or recon force of a major invasion? There could be a hundred ships out there, just over the horizon, waiting for our signal."

She shrugs. "Don't get me wrong. It's a nice change of pace."
Faustus nudges Ezmerelda and rather loudly says, "Our plan is working well, no? I'll distract them later, and you can move in for the kill. I'd start with that BIG bast*** if I was you." ;)

"Well, let's be about it, then. This is the place Swordlord Jamandi and Historian Catarina sent us to find."

He gestures for Elurín to lead the way in through the front gates.
Faustus is ready to follow Elurín.

Remove ads