• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger of Lauto

"Ah, I think I would just get in the way out there, I'm not much in a scrap and err...well I can help keep an eye on this place while you're gone too." the man replies.
"So......so that is how it is to be, eh? You'll let the newcomers risk life and limb for your benefit as long as there is no danger for you to face. I think I like you more and more...only beware that you have not unleashed a pack of beasts upon your land who will be worse than the beasts you now endure." ;) Faustus gives the cleric a sly wink, hoping that he has planted a seed of doubt sufficient to give the poor priest nightmares for at least one night.

Shayuri

First Post
Ezmerelda claps a hand on Faustus shoulder from behind and laughs. "You'll have to forgive our friend Faustus here. He's under a curse. It makes him fart from his mouth instead of the usual spot. If you hear ill-winds blowing from him, be kind and don't embarrass the gent. Just pretend you heard nothing of importance."

renau1g

First Post
The priest nods as his stomach rumbles loudly, "Oh, pardon me. If you'll excuse me, I'll go and grab some of that wonderful smelling breakfast" he says, excusing himself and heading over to Svetlana to try and negotiate some of the breakfast.

[sblock=Mystra]
Feel free to go and try to speak to Happs, he's under guard right now with Scorpius. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
I've posted an updated list of quests on the first page. Just a reminder that you're also tasked with scouting the area[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

Faustus bristles at Ezmerelda's touch. He removes her hand from his shoulder gingerly, as if he is touching a poisonous snake. Then he whispers to her, "Paybacks are a b****, FRIEND." ;)

HandofMystra

First Post
Elurin thought that he was getting the knack of handling disputes back in the village. Upon hearing Faustus' comment to Ezi the druid intervenes to the tiefling, "Do you not expect when you insult and intimidate everyone that we meet that someday you will be treated the same. Let us see you laugh off the insult in the way you have asked others to laugh off your insults."
[sblock=Happs]I do want to talk to Happs but this is too intriguing to let go[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

"I did not address you at all, Mr. High and Mighty Druid, so I will not deign to respond to your insults and accusations which you so subtly couch as being mere observations. However, I will say that what passes between Ezmerelda and myself is our business alone. We understand each other and we have been getting along since before I even made your acquaintance. So I'll thank you to leave us to our business, until such time as it affects the probability of success of our mutual mission. I'll say no more about the matter." Faustus turns partly away from Elurin and gives Ezy a wink that the druid cannot see.

[sblock=HandofMystra]
Faustus and I didn't intend for anyone but Ezmerelda to hear the comment in post #565 thus my use of the word WHISPER, but so be it.
[/sblock]
[sblock=HandofMystra]
Faustus is a devil and an a**hole devil at that! RPing him is, shall we say, a challenge for a sweetheart such as myself. No offense is intended by anything that I/he says to any party member.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Ezmerelda grins affably and says, "Payback's got nothing on me, friend."

Compared to Faustus, she doesn't sound like she's trying to be intimidating. It almost even sounds like she means the 'friend' part.

"But I expect you'll find that out the way most folks have to."

Leif

Adventurer

The others have never known Faustus to show fear. Not even in the face of the greatest challenges they have faced together, nor even the shipwreck. But the way his face blanches at Ezmerelda's words you'd almost swear that he just experienced a moment of abject terror! He recovers quickly, however, and says, "No matter, no matter. Say, don't we have a mission to attend to?"

Remove ads