[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

Shayuri

First Post
"Because," Arcata determinedly plows forward, despite the lack of answer, "He doesn't look so good. Are there healers at the trading post?" She gives Ironheart a curious, puzzled look, then shrugs his comment off.

Ezmerelda lifts an eyebrow, startled.

"You've quite a set of ears there," she says. "Sorry about that; meant no offense. Anyway, yes he's hurt...and actually I don't know if there're healers at the post. Seems like a better chance of it than hanging randomly around in the wilderness."

FourMonos

First Post
"Right. Well nice t' meet you all. Since we're all heading in the same direction, let's get going. The big guy isn't looking so good."

Razam lifts his half of the litter and starts moving (dragging) his comrades toward the trading post.

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata watched the group for a moment, then quickly asked, before they could get too far, "What happened to him? I mean, obviously there was a fight...but with what? And where?"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
As the group begins to move off, Ironheart shakes himself and begins plodding after them. "We also seek this trading post," he says, his voice sounding less engaged than before. "I will protect you while we search." He moves close to the litter and hefts his axe defensively.

Scotley

Hero
Mari keeps a sharp eye out for trouble as the newly enlarged group continues toward the trading post.

[sblock=renau1g] I will be on vacation and posting little or none until Friday, please npc Mari as needed.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
After plodding in silence for a while, Ironheart speaks hesitantly. "Is this a grove that has grown from seedlings together? Or were you brought together by chance?"

Shayuri

First Post
"They're certainly not communicative," Arcata noted with some frustration as she tagged along. Without much else to do, she tried again to speak to the other group. "Did I do something to offend, or...what? Is it the staff? You don't like mages?"

Ezmerelda shrugs and replies, "They're just a quiet bunch. Everyone keeps waiting for someone else to speak up. Anyway, we've been exploring the area, clearing it out. Some local rulers called the 'sword lords' are paying us for it."

Arcata's eyes widened. "That's what I'm here to do to!"

The genasi shrugged. "Good luck with that then. Myself, I'm thinking of heading back out to sea. All this...it's making me landsick. I need the ground to be rocking to and fro, spray of sea and salt cresting over the rail..." She sighed. "Not really cut out for this, though none can say I haven't given it my best."

She nodded at Ironheart. "We arrived here on a ship that, through no fault of ours, was wrecked offshore. We all made it here not too far from the post, where we were acquainted with the situation here."

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Razam seems lost in his own thoughts for a bit, watching the clouds, hoping for a good storm but the conversation pulls him back to his comrades.

"OH! Not like mages? Don't be silly! My brother is a powerful mage in my clan! Who wouldn't like mages? Terribly fun at parties and awkard social events. Nothing breaks the ice more than turning some dainty chaps wine into swill! HA!"

Now, the big elemental is rambling to himself as he walks, "But I tell ya, Ferdinand had it coming. The way he kept going on about how Rimelda would be a better match for him. Tis not my fault she kept finding me and sticking her hand in my pocket like she lost her key..."

He talks over his shoulder to Arcata as he trudges, "Anyway, I have a strong interest in the arcane and was studying it during my travels in the Elemental Chaos before I came here. I felt the disturbance not far from where I was studying with some Earthsoul chaps. Not a funny one in the lot, mind you. I was pulled through a portal into the Feywild and then almost immediately here."

He then turns to address the large tree, "So, no friend, if I'm to understand your metaphor correctly, I did not grow here, but I was rather blown this direction (like a tiny seed, but not really a tiny seed, but maybe a seed of storm, yes I like that...) by the tempest winds of fate! Now I'm excited to find out what brings all these different people together at one time! Surely this will be something great!"

Scotley

Hero
After plodding in silence for a while, Ironheart speaks hesitantly. "Is this a grove that has grown from seedlings together? Or were you brought together by chance?"

"Definitely chance. But it remains to be seen if fortune was smiling on us, laughing at us or spitting on us," announces the dark skinned woman in a thick accent.

Remove ads