Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the long wait. I've been kind of wanting to wait for Theroc. He's having technical difficulties with his access to a working computer. I haven't heard from him since Monday.

Things are going to get awfully boring if we sit and wait for him.

I don't like splitting up a party, but since the first part of the adventure is primarily RP, I could continue with just the four of you, and find a way to work Rujah in when Theroc shows up.

What say you?[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Fenwick looks as the knife cuts away the stone. "That one very sharp knife," he observes needlessly. "Useful in variety of situations. We going where knife originate?
"Aye, an' ye'll be seein' mar'n tha' wha'll make ye aye's jomp." Fargo sheaths the dagger in his belt where it looks more like a short sword.
Fenwick glad to go. Also glad to establish new trade routes. Perhaps once Fenwick finds homeland, Fenwick can report vast new markets open for trade. What kind goods you carry in this boat?"
"T'be'ahnest, 'm nah' 'ear ahn bisness," Fargo looks out beyond the rail as the first rays of light play across the water, and the shadows of the harbor buildings begin to recede from the horizon. He pulls the pipe about a quarter inch from his lips, takes a breath as if he intends to begin a long story, but decides better of it and re-seats the pipe between his teeth. Still biting on the nib, he speaks, "Mastly livestoock, arms, metalwark, an' gald, albei' nah mooch'o'tha' nah'deys. She's a gif'o'sarts fram ole Hruthak's sohn. Aye transpart the wares o'th'farges o'Kartuk an' nan athar. Tha's woy th' ship's sa big," Fargo winks.

The dwarf takes the pipe out of his mouth as if the taste just went sour, gives it a queer look, and digs his thumb into the bowl, dowsing the fire. He rises to a stand and tucks both the pipe and the weed bag into his vest.

"Sohn'zup. Let's hois'th'sail!" Nodding for his guests to follow, he bounds down the hallway to the deck door. Though he's not running, he's surprisingly quick. The door opens andthe sun's early morning light pours down the hallway silhouetting his squat frame as he begins to bark orders to the crew.

The maritime dwarf disappears from view amid the scuffle of preparation. The sound of a capstans pulling a huge chains cause the deck to resonate. Even as the vibrations continue, several loud rustling sounds are followed by one loud multi-pitched BOOM, and the leviathan craft lurches east.

A voyage to an unknown end has begun.

[sblock=Translation]
Fenwick looks as the knife cuts away the stone. "That one very sharp knife," he observes needlessly. "Useful in variety of situations. We going where knife originate?
"Aye, and you'll be seeing more than that what will make your eyes jump." Fargo sheaths the dagger in his belt where it looks more like a short sword.
Fenwick glad to go. Also glad to establish new trade routes. Perhaps once Fenwick finds homeland, Fenwick can report vast new markets open for trade. What kind goods you carry in this boat?"
"To be honest, I'm not here on business," Fargo looks out beyond the rail as the first rays of light play across the water, and the shadows of the harbor buildings begin to recede from the horizon. He pulls the pipe about a quarter inch from his lips, takes a breath as if he intends to begin a long story, but decides better of it and re-seats the pipe between his teeth. Still biting on the nib, he speaks, "Mostly livestock, arms, metalwork, and gold, albeit not much of that nowadays. She's a gift of sorts from old Hruthak's son. I transport the wares of the forges of Kartuk and none other. That's why the ship's so big," Fargo winks.

The dwarf takes the pipe out of his mouth as if the taste just went sour, gives it a queer look, and digs his thumb into the bowl, dowsing the fire. He rises to a stand and tucks both the pipe and the weed bag into his vest.

"Sun's up. Hoist the sail!" Nodding for his guests to follow, he bounds down the hallway to the deck door. Though he's not running, he's surprisingly quick. The door opens andthe sun's early morning light pours down the hallway silhouetting his squat frame as he begins to bark orders to the crew.

The maritime dwarf disappears from view amid the scuffle of preparation. The sound of a capstans pulling a huge chains cause the deck to resonate. Even as the vibrations continue, several loud rustling sounds are followed by one loud multi-pitched BOOM, and the leviathan craft lurches east.

A voyage to an unknown end has begun.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

[sblock=OOC]
Could we have re-filled our waterskins after the last adventure? Just remembered we used them to put out the burning heap.

-----

No yet approved for 3rd level.

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 15
Hit Points: 39 / 39 Bloodied: 19
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Commander's Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]WD's previous post reminded me that we can buy consumables like healing potions. Can Talon have purchased 2 healing potions before we set off? As for the waterskins, they got thrown on the fire and are gone. You'd have to purchase a new one for 1gp, which Talon will do along with the potions if HMG has no problem with it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=P8]Sure. Go ahead with purchasing your healing potions.

I just have one question: Did I give you guys such a beating that you feel the need to spend your extra treasure on healing potions. Sheesh.

Oh well, that just means that I get to give you bigger monsters :devil:. Booyah![/sblock]

[sblock=WD]There are plenty of water barrels on The Gale. You can RP the refill if you'd like[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=healing potions]
I just have one question: Did I give you guys such a beating that you feel the need to spend your extra treasure on healing potions. Sheesh.

It's just that Riardon's proved so useful, that I figured I'd want one for an emergency. Don't expect to use it unless we get in such a tough fight that we're all of of other ways to get surges.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=healing potions]Also, need I remind you of Jin's miss record. If they are relying to me to kill a monster before it kills them, they'd be wise to have a potion as backup.[/sblock]

Jin was disheartened at the words set sail, as the Dragonborn ally was not aboard. He had gained some level of comradery with the other adventurers, but he felt closest to Rujah. Though, to his surprise, next to Rujah, he had grown closest to Fenwick. The ronin had thought he would hate the annoying trader when first accosted in the Tavern, but now they had become almost friends.

"Fenwick, this journal will be long. Tell me a story to pass the time. Perhaps of your family," Jin said.

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=OOC]WD's previous post reminded me that we can buy consumables like healing potions. Can Talon have purchased 2 healing potions before we set off? As for the waterskins, they got thrown on the fire and are gone. You'd have to purchase a new one for 1gp, which Talon will do along with the potions if HMG has no problem with it.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] Were they destroyed, and not just emptied? If so, I need to update the character sheet to get a new one.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
"Fenwick, this journal will be long. Tell me a story to pass the time. Perhaps of your family," Jin said.

Fenwick things for a bit. "Story about family? Fenwick have large family. Numerous siblings. Fenwick learn much from family. Oldest brother very instructive. One time when Fenwick very small, oldest brother get idea. Oldest brother tired of eating elk by itself. He say 'Should have flavor!' so he decide to make honey-glazed elk. To do this, he require honey. So oldest brother, second brother, third brother, and Fenwick go off into woods to find honey. Oldest brother say 'Honey come from bee. Find bee, find honey.' This logical thinking of which Fenwick approve. We travel in woods for hours until we hear buzz of bees. Then we look around, and find bees emerging out of hollow of old tree.

"Brothers sit around and try to cogitate way to get rid of bees. Oldest brother, he remember that bees disapprove of smoke. But where to get smoke in woods. Luckily, next to bee tree is old dead tree. Dead wood ignite well and burn hot. Third brother rub sticks together to make fire, and oldest brother apply fire to dead tree. Soon dead tree catch on fire, and produce much smoke. Bees run away from smoke leaving hole in tree unoccupied. Then second brother, he climb up tree to reach in and get honey out. He look inside to make sure all bees evacuated, then he reach in to grab honey. Unfortunately, foot slip. This leave second brother stuck inside tree up to elbow.

"While Fenwick and oldest brother and third brother call encouragement from ground, second brother reach up hand to pull up and get shoulder unstuck. He grab projection and start swinging to swing up. Then he swing too hard in wrong direction and fall into tree with only feet sticking out. We hear him yelling on ground, so we know he okay. Third brother start to climb up to help second brother. This good, except this mean nobody watching dead tree which on fire. Fire get hotter, flame get higher, and top of tree with honey in it catch on fire.

"Brothers abandon idea of getting honey, and now just trying to get second brother out of tree before tree burn down. Oldest brother stand on shoulders of third brother, and third brother stand on shoulders of Fenwick. Fenwick still young, but already very strong. Oldest brother reach up, then he look and call out 'bear coming!' Bear live in area, and also trying to get honey from tree. Now bear unhappy that we try to get honey before bear can. Fenwick can run, oldest brother and third brother can run, but second brother still stuck in tree. Have to get tree down fast.

"Oldest brother then get another idea. Easy to get second brother out of tree if tree not so high up! Oldest brother grab axe, and start to chop down tree. Third brother join in, and Fenwick stay back and watch out to warn brothers if bear get too close. Second brother unaware of occurances and still yelling muffled inside tree. Fenwick just about to shout that bear too near, when tree come down.

"Lucky for Fenwick and brothers, tree come down in correct direction so that it hit bear, killing bear. Then Fenwick extricate second brother from tree hollow, and grab up honey, while oldest brother and third brother beat out treetop fire, but not before dead bear now partially roasted. We grab bear and tie on pole and head back to village triumphant with half-roasted bear and honey. Extended clan eat well that night

"So oldest brother very clever one of family, and remain very clever until he try to invent flying machine and fall on top of panther."

Fenwick finishes his story and smiles broadly. "Fenwick enjoy voyaging. Plenty of time to talk and tell stories. Jin have stories too? Anyone else?

Remove ads