• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Well that's certainly one tact to take! I assume Mervin never saw those guys before in his life?

Two things: first, please continue to translate for people who speak like the fat guy, if it's not too much trouble. :) Second, I'm not sure if you updated the status thing completely for enemy locations; who is at N10?

Also, and this is a complete technicality, but there's not really anything like "lethal/nonlethal" damage anymore in 4.0 (unless you wish there to be as a DM). Now it's just more like, you tell the DM you knock the guy out when he goes down, and it is so. I think they changed it so you didn't have to track two sets of HP and all that.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: Nope. Never before. Not much familiar, I'm afraid, though I do think Mervin might have caught a surprised (but not apologetic) look on the fat man's face, indicating that you were NOT who he expected to see. Of course this expression quickly faded to one of renewed malice has he followed through, pouring hot oil down the front of your shirt.

Translation: “Take that you bugger! Now go back down there and die like you're supposed to!”

It's the KF at N10. I updated the location.

Concerning lethal/non-lethal, I just wanted to make sure that everyone came to an agreement on whether they want to kill or save the guy. How you say it is up to you.[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=EB]N10 is the knife fighter. Not sure if you can manage it in character, but it would be helpful if you could move to N11. That would give Fenwick flanking this turn, and it would keep the knife fighter off the stairs, which I think would be harder to deal with.

Of course, even if you can swing it in character, he might kill you. :p[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]keep in mind that Mervin has not yet declared himself to be Jin's ally yet. Therefore, flaking is not a given, even if he is on the other side of your enemy.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=Tenchu]Yeah, Mervin's not really a good melee flanker, especially while bloodied. :)[/sblock]
"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?" screams Mervin in frustration at the closed door as he continues to get hot grease off his body. Seeing the knife fighter call toward him and run in that direction, Mervin yells, "You stay away from me!" and throws a bolt of psychic energy at him, which slams into him and causes him to stumble a bit further away from the stairs. To further drive the point home, Mervin flicks his staff and two bottles of wine float off the nearby wine rack and fling themselves at the knife fighter as well.

[sblock=ooc]standard: phantom bolt on knife fighter -> 23 vs. will for 11 psychic damage, and slide 1 to N9 (this is not knock-out damage)

minor: mage hand a bottle of wine at the knife fighter

move -> minor: same

Not sure if you want me to roll attacks for those or he just auto-dodges them; I'm not trying to do damage but Mervin is trying to smash the bottles on the guy. If they miss, they'd smash on the floor around him, which is also fine.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mervin ministats]Mervin Male Human Wizard 3
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17, Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:13, Reflex:17, Will:15
HP:15/31 (assuming OA), Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/7
Action Points/Daily Item Uses/Milestones: 1/1/0
Powers:
Phantom Bolt
Winged Horde
Thunderwave
(Wizard cantrips)

Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation
Color Spray
Shield
Staff of Defense
Second Wind
Orb of Nimble Thoughts

Flaming Sphere

Important Stuff:

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:CS:Mervin (evilbob) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?"

"Fenwick explain!" Fenwick yells as he rushes down behind the wine racks. "Fenwick and companions hired to explore basement by beer-man Wayne. We find basement, but not correct basement. When we finish, this basement disappear and normal basement of Wayne return." He rounds the corner and picks up speed, racing for the knife fighter, his axe held high. "We find clues in basement, and sail across ocean blue in order to reach basement again, where we now engaged in mortal combat."

His axe hits the knifeman sideways, battering him badly.

"This explain things sufficiently?" he asks.

[sblock=actions]Move: to N4 (around wine racks)
Standard: Charge to N8, Howling Strike (charge, Vanguard Execution Axe) vs. Knife Fighter. (1d20+8+1=26, 1d12.minroll(3)+1d6+1d8+5=25)

Didn't do enough to take him down, but I'm trying to not kill him.[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 2
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Low-light
AC:17, Fort:17, Reflex:13, Will:14
HP:37/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:10/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph,
Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off,
Swift Panther Rage, Vanguard Execution Axe

Feral Might: When Fenwick bloodies an enemy, the next attack by him
or one of his allies against that enemy gains a +3 bonus to the attack roll.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Fenwick]Since charging to M9 from N4 is impossible, and since you have no LOE to the KF from M9, I'm giong to assume you meant 'Charge to N9' instead?[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]HMG: Works for me!

N9: Except of course you didn't mean N9, either, because that is where the knife fighter currently is. :) (I slide him 1 square.)[/sblock]
"Beer-man Wayne? ...WAYNE!" Mervin yells, slowly putting things together.

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Vacation]
I am on vacation through Sunday. I should be back in action on Sunday or Monday.

Since I'm down to nothing but at-wills, it should be easy enough to RP for me. Unless someone drops over by the knight fighter, I plan to focus on Talon's enemies.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads