Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Let's take a look at your burns first. My name is Riardon, BTW." Riardon explains as he looks after Mervin's wounds.

[sblock=OOC]

Heal (1d20+8=16)

I will go with this, but think it is strange to make a skill challenge 'against' another player. Great Fight, BTW!

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 43 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
Jin quickly scanned the area. He first looked over the prisoner, trying to spot something on the man that will tell him about his character and give him an insight on how to break the prisoner and get the information they need.

He also looked around the room, trying to figure out how they could explain themselves.

But his thoughts were interrupted by Mervin's question and then Fenwick's blubbering response. "Yea, what he said," Jin stated, adding, "The bottom line is that we traveled here to find the person responsible for the mysterious portal in Daunton. We took the only boat which travels from Daunton to here, and it won't go back without us. So, we're the only ones who can help you find the man responsible for bringing you here and your current condition. And perhaps more important, we're your only ticket home."

Somehow, the tone of his voice didn't make his words any more convincing that Fenwick's.

[sblock=Skills Challenges]

1. Get as much information out of you prisoner as you can before Jahred arrives.
Insight +4 (What will get the man to talk)
1d20+4=23

2. Convince Jahred that you're not just troublemakers bent on burning down the best tavern in the city.
Perception +8 (What can I see that will help convince him we aren't the troublemakers?)
1d20+8=13
3. Convince Mervin to join your quest.
Bluff +1(+3 Social Bluffs vs non-Jade) We're the only way to get back to the Tavern, and we're the only ones who can help you find who did this. 1d20+3=9

In usual Jin fashion, I only "hit" on the one that doesn't count for anything.
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
One look at the man in the corner is enough to understand that he's not the most intelligent of people, "Ole' Blagarm rang the 'Trouble Bell'." the thief indicates a small bell hanging on the wall behind him tied to a string that disappears up into the ceiling of the cellar (evidently the barkeeper rang the bell from behind the bar before the party entered the cellar), "Aftah the las' time 'e didn' wan' tah take ani chanches." The thug goes on to confess that he's a thief, but swears that Blagarm is behind all of it. He keeps nervously looking over in the corner where the 6th cask used to be as if he thinks something there is important.

Jin sees that the secret entrance has been bricked over where the cask had been removed, and, upon examination of the shoddy brickwork, is able to discern the outline of the entrance to the passage.

"Fenwick explain briefly earlier, but now will expound in great detail." The big orc stands up and smiles toothily at Mervin.
Mervin attempts to smile back politely, but it looks more like the smile a girl gives to the class nerd when he brings her flowers.

See, beer-man Wayne have magical necklace formerly belonging to wife, which make something magical happen when Wayne drop necklace in basement....So we go into basement, and find secret panel behind big cask, which not full of strong drink, unfortunately for people who want to drink."
Mervin casts around the room, "So you're saying you found a secret panel behind one of these barrels? Where?"
"...We also find papers. Papers talk about guy named Hankel, and talk of more treasure to be had."
"Who the %$@! is Hankel?"
"...We back in tavern sitting there when sailor-guy come in, say he know about Hankel, and this is clue to great riches. So we all go get on boat and sail across ocean blue....Most people in this town human, but we meet Firebyrne who is another dragon guy, and he work with Hankel....Then we come down to basement to check and see if this correct basement, and we get attacked by more bandits, which is where wizard guy comes in."

Fenwick gets a conspiratorial look in his eye, and places his arm around the nervous Mervin's shoulder. "More treasure to be had!"
Mervin rocks back on his heels and squirms under the orc's friendly embrace, "So you're here on a treasure hunt?" The wizard pushes away (not too impolitely), "So let me get this straight. You're after this Hankel guy, and you're trying to find out if you're in the right place? Well? Are you in the right place?"
"Let's take a look at your burns first. My name is Riardon, BTW." Riardon explains as he looks after Mervin's wounds.
"Now we're talking." Mervin's standoffishness seems to ease a little at the offer of first aid. He moves to Riardon and allows the eladrin to inspect his burns, "So you're some sort of healer?"
"We took the only boat which travels from Daunton to here, and it won't go back without us. So, we're the only ones who can help you find the man responsible for bringing you here and your current condition. And perhaps more important, we're your only ticket home."
The mysterious hand comes out again, appearing just in front of Jin's face in the form of a hand held up, palm to the ronin's nose, "I've heard enough from yo-. Wait!" The hand disappears, "You mean that no one else here knows how to get back to Daunton except this guy who brought you here?" Mervin sighs as if blowing pipesmoke from his mouth. He collapses to the landing, holding his head in his hands in disbelief.

[sblock=Status]SC1: 1 success / 0 failures
SC2: 1 success / 0 failures

Riardon raised a good point about playing a skill challenge against another PC, so I'm going to remove this one from the set. I would, however encourage you to continue RPing your attempts to bring him 'into the fold' so to speak, appealing primarily to a commitment to return him to Daunton safely.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"It isn't magic, but I learned something about healing from the medics in the field. Hold still a moment." Riardon explains further.

[sblock=OOC]

-----

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Now would be the time to tell us what we need to know," Jin said to the prisoner. "I could be persuaded to let you go before others arrive."

As he wanted for an answer, he looked to the far wall where the cask-tunnel used to be, looking for a hidden doorway or switch; anything which might be drawing the prisoner's attention, anything which could be used as leverage once the guard captain arrived. Jin assumed it would be the same thing.

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
SC1. Diplomacy 1d20+1=16
SC2. Perception 1d20+8=28

I assume I can try perception again. It seems the most logical / in-character. If not, let me know, and I will apply my Natural 20 to a different skill. :)

Of course I get these rolls on non-combat rounds, but then I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"So, you should feel better soon Now I will interrogate our prisoner." Riardon explains and moves to the thief. "Do you like any sweets?"
As he asks, he looks around, but doesn't find anything helpful.

[sblock=OOC]

SC1 Diplomacy, SC2 Perception (1d20+9=10, 1d20+8=14)

One miserable and one bad roll :( Where is the half-elf or elf in the team when you need them.

-----

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Perception]Sorry, 1 time max per player.[/sblock]
[sblock=History, then?]Okay. I understand those are the rules for the skills challenge. It's just that the response from the captive made it seem like I should be using my perception on the missing cask-door area. It seemed the most in-character thing to do, but can we try history instead then? Using my historical knowledge of the way the building looked before, the past adventure in the basement, etc.?

My history bonus is +1, which would make the SC2 roll a 21 instead.
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Firebyrne's voice becomes audible in the darkness outside the cellar door up the keg ramp, its rising volume heralding his entrance. He descends the stairs, into the cellar with Jahred in tow...,"...that's what I said. The whole time, he's been running a ring of thieves."

Jahred strokes his chin, surveying the carnage, "You're making a pretty bold accus-PEALS OF IRON!!!" Jahred runs to one of the fallen archers, "It's Derek! What have you done!?" He kneels over the young archer and looks in vain for some sign of life.

"I was just as surprised as you to see one of the Night Watch fallen in with this crowd, but he drew blood before any of us laid a hand on him," The dragonborn nods across the room, over the wine racks in the direction of the other dead archer, "Terrence is over there."

Jahred shakes his head in disbelief, "And you're saying Blagarm knew about the whole thing?"

Firebyrne nods, "He's the one that arranged the ambush."

Jahred stands up, "The implications here, and the consequences are too great to take lightly," he looks from Firebyrne to the others in the company gathered at the bottom of the stairs. Screwing up his face into an 'official' expression he calls through the room, "Hear me! As far as I'm concerned, you all are just as much suspect of murder as Blagarm is of organized crime! I'm going to need evidence, and an overwhelming amount of it before I can begin believe what I'm hearing and seeing here! In the name of Lord Ekton, Keeper of the Harbor Light, nobody leaves this room until I have a timeline of what went on here!"

Jin looks about for something that will help him convince the Night Watch captain of their claims. His eyes fall on Rujah's hammer, and its Dwarven inscriptions, and he suddenly remembers that they're similar to Hankel's handiwork. This revelation triggers a memory of the ill-gotten treasure behind the bricked up passage. Perhaps, if they battered the wall, Jahred could see the thieves' den first hand.

[sblock=Staus]SC1: 2 Sucesses / 1 Failure
SC2: 3 Successes / 0 Failures[/sblock]

Remove ads