Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Firebyrne (NPC) is the one going home, and Rujah (Theroc's character who is being phased out) is walking back with him.

Jahred (the Night Watch captain) has left for the night as well.

Talon (Phoenix8008's character who is being phased out) is back in the cellar guarding Blagarm (NPC innkeeper).

Presently, the four of you (active PCs) are the only ones in the abandoned thieves' den.[/sblock]

[sblock=Levels]Including recent xp award:

Jin: Level 3 (but I think he's going to be spending credits to get to level 4)
Mervin: Level 3
Fenwick: Level 4
Riardon: Level 5

This puts Mervin low man on the totem pole. Hmm... sounds to me like an opportunity for solo work:devil:.[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I've swapped out the now-nerfed Hide Armor Expertise for Fenwick, and am replacing it with Chain Proficiency. Will we have time to go shopping, or should I simply add something in a nice chain to my wish list that we'll miraculously find after the first encounter hint hint?[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Wishlist]
Iron Armbands of Power (lev 6)
Bag of Holding (lev 5)

Eladrin Chainmail +2 (lev 8)
(or just changing my current armor to the +1 variant (same level))
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I've swapped out the now-nerfed Hide Armor Expertise for Fenwick, and am replacing it with Chain Proficiency. Will we have time to go shopping, or should I simply add something in a nice chain to my wish list that we'll miraculously find after the first encounter hint hint?[/sblock]

[sblock=Wishlist]
Iron Armbands of Power (lev 6)
Bag of Holding (lev 5)

Eladrin Chainmail +2 (lev 8)
(or just changing my current armor to the +1 variant (same level))
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]I don't think shopping is out of the question. After all, you're in a sizable city. I'll not guarantee that you'll find items on your wishlists, but what you do find might be useful.

Please feel free to RP the discussion between your characters to discuss and/or execute your next courses of action.

Some example options:

• Look around the den a little further. The last time some of you were here, you were abruptly jerked back before you could conduct an extensive search.
  • Get a good night's sleep and go shopping.
  • Explore the city at night.
  • Something original and crazy :p[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"We should at least search this location another time before leaving."
Riardon suggests and starts looking around.

[sblock=OOC]
Doing a search. Passive Perception 18

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 43 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ha]Good call BenBrown, I had completely forgotten about introductions![/sblock]"Ahem, my name is Mervin," the wizard replies as he also begins to search the area for clues regarding the teleporting amulet - and hopefully a way back home. While still slightly perturbed, his voice is clearly less agitated than before. "I'm sorry to drop in on all of you like that, but apparently some people are quite careless when it comes to handling powerful artifacts - a lesson that shall be rightly learned when I make it back to Daunton...

And you all are?"

OOC: Mervin is horrible with names. :)

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Level]
Actually, I am level 4 without credits. I told HMG I needed some more experience to level, but apparently I can't add well. [/sblock]
"Jin," the ronin said curtly. He gives the wizard a weary eye, then adds, "We were mystically transported to this basement ourselves, from Daunton, a while back."

Still a bit miffed at Mervin's lack of involvement during the battle, Jin breaks off to perform a more thorough search, but makes sure to keep his allies within 50 feet.
[sblock=Perception]
1d20+8=24
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"My name is Riardon d'Caelis, but you will not have heard of me. My last assingments weren't that prestigious."
Riardon answers with a small bow.

[sblock=OOC]
Doing a search. Passive Perception 18

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 43 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 0/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
"Gin? Excellent, all we need now is some tonic," Mervin says as he tosses the now-empty bottle of wine into a corner along with the rest of the refuse.

"Riardon? Yes, indeed you are right: I have not." Seeing the others give a much more thorough search, Mervin gives up and casually sits on a pile of junk while trying to cover his nose from the stench.

"And you must be Figgywhig, or whatever it was, as you continue to refer to yourself by your own name," Mervin says to Fenwick. "Well great. Now that we've all met, it seems you all are just as much victims of circumstance as I. Except for some reason you decided to sail half-way around the world to do it again. Fair enough. And now you've killed or arrested most everyone who's wronged you, except you're still looking for a dwarf named Hansel or something like that. Was he a "save" or a "slay"? I didn't notice which side he was on. And I suppose either way you won't be headed home until you find him?" Mervin begins moving his hands with arcane magic and the room begins to clean itself slowly. Also a light appears just above his head to make the entire area bright.

Remove ads