• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Initiative]
Jin = 22 (You forgot to add you 2 from Riardon, AND you forgot to post your initiative roll. I looked in Dice Room.
Fenwick = 21
Bad Guys = 17
Riardon = 11
Jin = 13
Talon = 8

Soooooo... Jin & Fenwick go first, then bad guys. Then we alternate.

Jin's move was posted.

Fenwick! You're up![/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Initiative]Jin's roll: 1D20 + 4 => 20

Woohoo! A good roll! I hope these keep coming. I want to be a useful member of the party this go round.
[/sblock][sblock=OOC/HM]Sorry! I just rolled it, but I was on the phone with Verizon and got distracted. [/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
"perhaps we should snuff the lamp. It makes us visible. We wait and see if the deckhand emerges from the depths. If not, we move towards that light next time they attack."

"Good inkling," says Fenwick, "but others not see in dimness so well as Fenwick."

[sblock=questions before action]
1) The light is a hooded lantern. Is there any way to block the light without snuffing out the flame?

2) There's nobody else in the boat but us? Can we maneuver it towards the light we see? How many of us need to be rowing, and how far does it get with only some of us rowing versus all of us rowing? Also, is rowing a standard, move, or minor action?

[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

[sblock=OOC]
I'm away on the WE. If Riardon spots a group of enemies beyond melee reach, he uses chilling cloud. If melee, Opening shove if someone tries to enter the boat. I f single ranged enemy, draw javelin and throw.

Use Inspiring word as needed.

Sword is set on: no light

See you Monday.

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 15
Initiative:
Hit Points: 39 / 39 Bloodied: 19
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Commander's Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Rules and explanations] Lantern: The lantern has shutters that will, along with the fog, make the light go away without snuffing the flame.

Only the 5 of you are in the boat (Fenwick, Riardon, Talon, Jin, and Dayna), and unless P8 retcons his actions after the bad guys go, the count will be 4 soon.

The Boat: The boat is difficult terrain when one tries to walk around in it. Rowing is a standard action per rower, and given the width of the boat, it will take two of you to row. Steering can actually be done by those rowing, and is considered part of the standard action. With two people rowing, the boat will move six squares per round. With four rowing, it can move ten squares in around. Maneuverability is such that only a 45 degree turn can be managed for each square moved in a straight line. The boat takes one round to drift to a stop after rowing. The boat drifts 2 squares along its last heading during this time. Stopping the boat takes a move action on the part of both rowers, which prevents the boat from drifting. A standard action, of course, will then be required to move the boat along its new heading.

If you are fighting in a boat, you must roll a DC15 athletics check every turn, or fall prone. If you fail by more than 5 (or roll a nat 1), you have to save vs. a fall. Upon a failure you fall into the water. Upon success, you fall prone in the boat. If there are more than six creatures in the boat of medium or larger size, the DC increases to 20. There’s also a 1d6 risk of capsize every time somebody falls prone in the boat. At which time everybody in the boat makes a save. Anyone who fails, falls prone in the boat as long as SOMEBODY succeeds. If everybody fails, the boat capsizes, and everyone ends up in the water adjacent to the boat in a square of the player’s choosing. If nobody fails, then there is no change in the status.

Swimming: Jumping into the water is a move action. The water is calm, so creatures do not drift when they stop swimming. The PHB handles swimming, so we’re going to follow those rules.

Fog: Fog in a close burst 3 around any creature is a lightly obscured square. Beyond that, squares are heavily obscured.

Lights can be seen and pinpointed exactly up to 16 squares away.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=rowing the boat] I realize everyone is eager to get at the fray, but we really don't know where the fray is. It looks like two people need to row the boat in order to get it to go anywhere (such as towards this light). I'm willing to be one of them, but so far everybody's posted actions are doing something else (unless Dayna can help row :D ).[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=ooc]HM is a devious DM, I am learning. I hope I don't drown.

So, how about getting back up to the boat, assuming we find the deckhand in the water.

Maybe someone should alert the crew there is danger in the water in the form of weapon wielding enemies. [/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]HM is a devious DM, I am learning.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Who me? :angel:[sblock= ]:devil:[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=OOC]All humor aside, I'm loath to let Jin retcon his actions simply on account of the fact that he scored the highest initiative, (i.e.: he wouldn't have even noticed Fenwick heading for the oars before he acted),and thus there is no reality to influence his actions.

P8 is, however, will be allowed to retcon after the bad guys go because he jumped initiative (Talon, of course, reserves the right to respond to reality).

Fenwick could use his turn to steer the boat, shut the lantern, delay his turn, prepare for another javelin (total defense) etc... But I digress.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick grabs an oar, and tries to turn the boat towards the light.

"Fenwick move boat to light. Fenwick not know if light where javeling originated, but pretty good bet!"

[sblock=actions]Move: clamber to I1 (easier to steer the boat from towards its rear)
Minor: pick up oar
Standard: attempt to turn boat.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 2
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Low-light
AC:18, Fort:16, Reflex:13, Will:14
HP:37/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: unused
Powers:Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph,
Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off,
Swift Panther Rage, Vanguard Execution Axe

Feral Might: When Fenwick bloodies an enemy, the next attack by him
or one of his allies against that enemy gains a +3 bonus to the attack roll.

Conditions:
[/sblock]

Remove ads