• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon advances with the others, his magic javelin sails through the air again embedding itself in the breast of the dragonborn archer.

[sblock=OOC]

move: to p35
standard: throw javelin at Drakkoth

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 59 / 59 Bloodied: 29
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:14 Surges per day: 4 / 9
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition: vulnerable lightning 10

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Need a retcon; totally my fault.

I didn't update my summary of actions all the way, which caused the confusion. If you look at my detailed action block, I actually used Lightning lure. So, the lizard gets 5 hp back, but I am at O39, with the lizard starting it's turn at P38, trapped in the hallway.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Need a retcon; totally my fault.

I didn't update my summary of actions all the way, which caused the confusion. If you look at my detailed action block, I actually used Lightning lure. So, the lizard gets 5 hp back, but I am at O39, with the lizard starting it's turn at P38, trapped in the hallway.

OOC: So he is cornered with 4 HP, instead of defeated after my javelin throw?

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: That's correct. Looks like I'm rubbing off on you Tenchuu ;). Results of Retcon:

1. The Drakkoth is being "pickled' in the hallway
2. Fenwick was caught in the voltaic his and suffers 9 damage
3. Rujah (not Fenwick) got the OA, but Rujah still missed (I even rolled again for him).
4. Drakkoth is at 4hp
5. PCs & Monster are in somewhat different places

I retconned my last post to reflect the status of things prior to BB and WD's last posts.

Tenchuu

First Post
Mervin

The wizard fires a dark bolt, frying the Lizard. "Hmm. That was easy."

OOC:
Standard: Phantom Bolt vs Lizard
Attack: 1d20+10=30
Damage: 1d8+9=17
Note: I just got a new keyboard, so I accidentally hit enter before I could finish entering the damage roll and description into IC, but it was such a good roll, I didn't want to miss out.

So, it's dead, right?

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Psychic energy fries the creature's poor reptilian brain from the inside out, and the drakkoth falls convulsing to the floor. Here the group takes advantage of a brief lull to catch their breath.

It isn't long before they are startled by raised voices coming from further down the corridor.

GM: Short rest of barely five minutes! No APs yet though. You'll need one more encounter.

As the group rounds the corner into the connecting passage, they hear that the shouts are coming up from a spiral staircase that winds downward to the left. Slightly louder than this, however, is a surprised, "Ssssssss Eeeeek!" as a kobold rounds the far corner of the corridor and quickly scampers back in the direction from which it came.
[sblock=Map]
WalrynsLair1.png
[/sblock]
GM: The kobold already bolted down the hall. I just put his token there to show you where you saw him last. He headed off to the east down the hallway around the corner.

Decision time: Down the stairs, or give chase to the little squeaker trying to get away.
[sblock=Cells]While the thri-kreen and the mage decide who should hold the door, the kobold guard decides to teach the duo a lesson, "Wux geou nottry batobot tenamalo, geou wux?"

The cell door flings open and the kobold's sword slashes through air and flesh bringing Tikchik to the stone floor of their cell. When he tries to do the same to Sheng, however, the mage simply lifts a finger, and the kobold's sword immediately reverses direction, hammering the hapless reptile on the head, as one of its companions surges forward to his aid, throwing a new padlock on the door, "Shuiblithfothisevi! zexenuma svaklar wux re. mobi re tisvelkilt youwei persvek nomenoi reskafaric loupon wer vrrar di udoka!"

This second kobold looks at the two quizzically as they don't seem to understand. It waits until they are both looking it in the eye and speaks again, "Ssssstay in your ssssssells foolsssss!" pounding the newly locked cell door with the pommel of its sword to accentuate the order. When it does, however, the door crashes to the floor on account of the deteriorated hinges. The kobold smiles sheepishly, shrugs, and readies its sword.

Behind it two more kobolds appear, holding daggers that magically bristle with the energy of a gathering storm.[sblock=Enemy Actions]Kobold Horde 1:
Minor: Open the door
Standard: Overwhelm Surge
Target1: Tikchik
Attack1: 1d20+11=31 vs. Fort Crit!
Target2: Sheng
Attack2: 1d20+11=29 vs. Fort Hit triggers immediate interrupt.
Damage: 1d8+6=11 damage to Sheng and 14 damage to Tikchik.
Both Tikchik is knocked Prone
Minor: Swarm the Fallen
Target: Tikchik
Attack: 1d20+15=26 vs. AC for 1d10+7=8 damage

Kobold Horde 2:
Move: to Q45
Minor: Swarm the fallen
Target: Sheng
Attack: 1d20+15=33 vs. AC for 1d10+7=11 damage

Standard: Lock Door

Wyrmguard Scout 1:

Move: to Q41
Minor: Mark Kobold Horde 1 as ward
Standard: Ready Action
[sblock=Readied Action]Trigger: Either PC stands
Action: Dragon Clash
Target1: Sheng
Attack1: 1d20+12=22 vs. Fort
Target2: Tikchik
Attack2: 1d20+12=30 vs. Fort
Damage: 3d6+5=16 Lightning Damage[/sblock]Wyrmguard Scout 2:
Move: to P42
Minor: Mark Kobold Horde 2 as ward
Standard: Ready Action
[sblock=Readied Action]Trigger: Either PC stands
Action: Dragon Clash
Target1: Sheng
Attack1: 1d20+12=28 vs. Fort
Target2: Tikchik
Attack2: 1d20+12=26 vs. Fort
Damage: 3d6+5=14 Lightning Damage[/sblock]
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Tikchik: R46 48/70HP 7/7HS 1AP Prone
Sheng: Q46 57/57HP 8/8HS 1AP

Kobold Horde 1: R45 84/84 Warded by Wyrmguard Scout 1
Kobold Horde 2: Q45 84/84 Warded by Wyrmguard Scout 2
Wyrmguard Scout 1: Q41 75/75
Wyrmguard Scout 2: P42 75/75[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ThePrison3-2.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]2X
WyrmguardScout.png

2X
KoboldHorde.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]Cell doors: These provide cover. They require a minior action to open if unlocked. A standard action Thievery DC 20 will unlock a cell door.

Hole Cells:
Trap doors leading to the hole cells provide superior cover to those on opposite sides when they are closed. There is a 2d6 chance that the door will collapse if someone moves into the trap door's square. Creatures caught by a collapsing door do not get a fall save, and take 1d10 fall damage. Hole cells are 10 feet deep and require a standard action Athletics DC 15 to climb out of. Locked trap doors can be unlocked with a standard action Thievery DC 20.

Stocks: The stocks can be traversed as normal terrain, but they provide cover.
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
"Wait," Gensai said, "Listen to those shouts."

OOC: I am probably with BB on this one, but I want some more details on the shouting from the stairs first.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Spent 1 Healing Surge for +17. HP now at 64.

Insight: 1d20+8=10
Perception: 1d20+3=12
(Note: Screwed up the bonuses on IC, but I have the correct results here)

[sblock=Action Block]
Move:
Standard:

• Target1:
  • Attack1:
  • Damage:
  • Effect:
Minor:
[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 7
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +18

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 19, Reflex: 21, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 68/68, THP: 0/3 Bloodied: 34, Surge Value: 17, Surges left: 9/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads