• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick rushes at the creature, and gives it a mighty blow with his axe.
"Will too succeed," he grunts, as he steps aside to give the others some more room.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Charge to P38 Howling Strike vs. Drakoth (1d20+10+1=26, 1d12.minroll(3)+2d6+1d8+7=21)
Free: shift to P39[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 7
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light
AC:20, Fort:19, Reflex:16, Will:16
:bmelee: +12 vs. AC, 1d12+8 damage (brutal 2, high crit)

HP:66/67, Bloodied:33, Surge Value:16, Surges left:7/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike,
Haggle, Curtain of Steel, Giantkind Gloves

Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon quickly moves around the corner. Already the magic javelin in hand, he throws the weapon at the enemy archer. As he misses, the weapon returns to his hand.

[sblock=OOC]

move: to p33
minor: sheath sword and draw javelin (Master of Arms feat)
standard: throw javelin at Drakkoth

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 59 / 59 Bloodied: 29
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:14 Surges per day: 4 / 9
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition: vulnerable lightning 10

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
Mervin moved forward, getting just into range of the creature. "No so fast."

Firing a dark bolt, the magic fizzled out on contact. "Hrmmm," he added, trying again. This time the bolt slammed into the lizard, pulling it toward Mervin.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to O29
Standard: Phantom Bolt
Attack: 1d20+10=19 Miss
AP: Nevermind... Man, I wish I would have checked first and realized he didn't have an AP left. I probably would have done something else with his turn.
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]

Before I screw up another turn, what's your ruling for OAs by Drakkoth? He's currently holding a long bow, so I am questioning his ability to take OA if I provoke one by moving.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: @H.M.Gimlord

Before I screw up another turn, what's your ruling for OAs by Drakkoth? He's currently holding a long bow, so I am questioning his ability to take OA if I provoke one by moving.
GM: Improvised weapon attack (he tries to club you over the head with a bow or something like that). +14 vs. AC for 1d4+2 damage.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC:
GM: I owe him another 3 thunder damage, courtesy of white lotus riposte.

Sorry I forgot about that ongoing damage. last round's save: 1d20+1=16

"You'll not escape that easily," Gensai called, rushing forward. He stopped short of the creature and lashed out with his sword. Lightning gripped the lizard and pulled him toward the swordmage. With deft footwork, he danced around the creature, standing side by side with Fenwick blocking the exit. "I'll not offer you surrender again. Lay down your arms and give up the fight, or you'll give up the ghost!"

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Move to P37, Lightning Lure hit, Boots of fencing master encounter shift to O39

Don't Forget: Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula on Rujah (+1 to AC. As a free action, he can turn the bonus in to 23 THP)

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: to P37
Standard: Lightning Lure vs Fort

• Target1: Drakkoth
  • Attack1: 1d20+10=29
  • Damage: 1d6+6=12
  • Effect: pull the target to the nearest unoccupied space adjacent to you (P38)
Minor: Boots of the Fencing Master (Encounter): Shift 2: to O38 to O39
[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 7
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +18

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 19, Reflex: 21, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 58/68, THP: 3/3 Bloodied: 31, Surge Value: 15, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
RUJAH
"Surrender!" Rujah repeated; moving forward, he stood ready to attack.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Shift to O32, Ready: Tempest Assault Miss,

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: to O32
Standard: Readied: Tempest Assault vs AC

• Trigger: Drakkoth hits or misses an self/ally with an attack (resolve after damage). Charge if not melee1 range.
  • Target: Drakkoth
  • Attack: 1d20+11=20 Misses anyway
  • Damage: 1d10+6=0 lightning damage
  • Effect: N/A
[sblock=stat block]
HP: 49
Surge Value: 20
AP: 1/2

+1 to attacks
+1 to damage
+1 to defenses

[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The drakkoth balks under the assult down the corridor. Clearly it was not expecting to be chased, "Masster Wer Vhisssar will sssseee that you do not ssssucssseeed." Instinctively, lightning erupts from the creature's mouth, singing Gensai, filling the ronin's nostrils with the smell of lightning and smoldering hair.

The drakkoth stumbles back and manages a shot from its bow, though Rujah does his best, he cannot protect his friend. The arrow finds its mark, and Gensai feels the singed hair on his arms begin to crackle and stand on end as the pain shoots through him.

[sblock=Actions]
Drakkoth Thundershot:

Minor:
Voltaic Hiss
Target1: Gensai
Attack: 1d20+14=33 vs. Reflex and Ongoing 5 Lightning Damage.
Free: Gain 10 hp (successful attack while bloodied)
Rujah charges to 037 and misses.
Target2: Fenwick
Attack: 1d20+14=30 vs. Reflex for 9 damage
damage: 1d10+2=9
Move: Shift to P37

Standard: Longbow
Target: Gensai
Rujah OA: 1d20+10=18 Miss
Attack: 1d20+16=33 vs. AC for 2d10+2=5 damage and Gensai gains Vulnerable 10 Lightning

[/sblock][sblock=Status]Ruajah: O36 49/70 HP 9/12 HS 2AP vulnerable 10 lightning
Gensai: O39 47(42)/68 HP 10/11 HS 1AP Ongoing 5 vulnerable 10 lightning
Riardon: P33 59/59 HP 4/9 HS 1AP vulnerable 10 lightning
Fenwick: P39 57/67 HP 8/11 HS 1AP
Mervin: O29 31/44 HP 3/8HS 0AP

Drakkoth Thundershot: P37 17/86 Bloodied
Scytheblade Drake 1: O27 0/105 Dead
Scytheblade Drake 2: -6/105 Dead[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ShearsLibrary27-1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
DrakkothThundershot-2.png
[/sblock][sblock=Cells]The magic user's acid begins to burn out the lock, releasing a pungent odor. The lock crumbles away leaving the door unfastened. The smell, however, attracts the attention of the four guards still in the room.

"Svabol persvek wer treskri re wux tirir?"

The reptile approaches the cell and sniffs the lock. It looks up through menacing vertical pupils, "Svabol re wux itheikir ihk tsydani molik? Filki xoal coi. si bevi wux." It chuckles provocatively.

[sblock=Insight DC 15]He seems to be daring you to try an escape.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ThePrison2.png
[/sblock]
OOC: Guard Initiative:1d20+11=24
[sblock=Enemies]2X
WyrmguardScout.png

2X
KoboldHorde.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]Cell doors: These provide cover. They require a minior action to open if unlocked. A standard action Thievery DC 20 will unlock a cell door.

Hole Cells:
Trap doors leading to the hole cells provide superior cover to those on opposite sides when they are closed. There is a 2d6 chance that the door will collapse if someone moves into the trap door's square. Creatures caught by a collapsing door do not get a fall save, and take 1d10 fall damage. Hole cells are 10 feet deep and require a standard action Athletics DC 15 to climb out of. Locked trap doors can be unlocked with a standard action Thievery DC 20.

Stocks: The stocks can be traversed as normal terrain, but they provide cover.
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=cells]Sheng moves instinctively behind the thriiken. "Hold the door my esteemed colleague, while I show these fools the might of the Chaos plane."[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads