• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: Dang! Serves me right for jumping the gun on my update. I originally thought that Ben had already gone, so I started rolling attacks. I got to Drake 2 before I realized that Ben hadn't gone yet. Now he goes and kills Drake 1! :(

Not going to re-roll drake 2, but I have to rethink my strategy for the Drakkoth in light of Drake 1's demise. I'll post tonight. Kudos BB!

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=Cells]
Sheng gets up, and dusts himself off. It takes a couple of minutes for him to regain his composture, its been several days of no eating and of chilling winds. However, now more comfortable at least, the monk regains his implacable stoical behaviour.
"Well, we seem to have gotten ourselves in quite a predicament. I'll suggest we find a way to escape this place, before our host decides to make whatever he wants out of us." Sheng says, "wouldn't you have caught the meaning of the words these reptiles said?"
OOC: I don't think you'll allow some imaginative ways to get out of a cell right?
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mervin, relieved to have his attacker dispatched, quickly returns the favor and fires a bolt of psychic energy that rips into the remaining drake, unfortunately, the bolt does not have as much of an effect as Fenwick's axe. Mervin smiles sheepishly at fenwick, "Sorry. I tried."

The remaining drake rushes forward in an attempt to catch Riardon around the corner, but doesn't realize that the warlord is standing on top of the desk. The claws rake the mahogany below the eladrin's feet doing him no harm.

The drakkoth, however, surges forward and finally manages to strike a target with its arrow. This time Riardon is not so lucky. The shaft buries itself in his left arm.

Then the reptilian centaur does something altogether unexpected. it opens its mouth and unleashes a powerful arc of electricity that crackles through the air. The smell of charred flesh and ozone billow through the nostrils of all who stand nearby. Gensai and Rujah are only singed, but they feel the lightning still working to destroy them from inside.
GM: Fenwick P27 is an illegal charge to attack Drake 1 at O27 (the last square doesn't get you closer to the drake). Even if you could do it, it would draw an OA. I put you on top of the desk at O28.
[sblock=Mervin's Actions]Move: Stand
Standard: Thunderbolt
Attack: 1d20+11=27 vs. Ref for 1d8+12=18 psychic damage and Drake 2 slides to P33
[/sblock][sblock=Actions]Scytheclaw Drake 2:
Move: to P32
Standard: Scytheclaw
Target: Riardon
Attack: 1d20+15=17 (IC says Mervin, but I meant Riardon) vs. AC Miss

Drakkoth Thundershot:
Stnadard: Longbow
Target: Riardon
OA Rujah: 1d20+10=17 vs. AC Miss.
Attack: 1d20+16-2(Cover)=27 vs. AC for 2d10+2=16 damage and Riardon gains vulnerable 10 lightning

Move: O32

Minor: Voltaic Hiss
Target1: Rujah
Attack1: 1d20+14=27 vs. Ref Hit
Target2:Riardon
Attack2: 1d20+14=18 vs. Ref Miss
Target3:Gensai
Attack3: 1d20+14=30 vs. Ref Hit
Damage: Rujah and Gensai take 1d10+2=4 lightning damage and the target takes Ongoing 5 lightning damage
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Ruajah: P31 49(34)/70 HP 9/12 HS 2AP vulnerable 10 lightning Ongoing 14
Gensai: R29 63(58)/68 HP +3thp 10/11 HS 1AP Ongoing 5
Riardon: Q31 42/59 HP 5/9 HS 1AP
Fenwick: O28 66/67 HP 8/11 HS 1AP
Mervin: N27 31/44 HP 3/8HS 0AP

Drakkoth Thundershot: O32 86/86
Scytheblade Drake 1: O27 0/105 Dead
Scytheblade Drake 2: P32 19/105 Bloodied [/sblock][sblock=Map]
ShearsLibrary25.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]2X
ScytheclawDrake.png

DrakkothThundershot-2.png
[/sblock]
GM: All: We will be joined shortly by renau1g and Voda Vosa. After this battle I'll be weaving you all together, but untill then their conversations will be posted in spoilers marked "Cells" or something to that effect. I'm not against you reading them, I just wanted to make sure we had a literary device to separate the two scenes.
[sblock=Cells]
OOC: I don't think you'll allow some imaginative ways to get out of a cell right?
GM: You're welcome to think of something, and I'll RP and mechanize the consequen... I mean results.:devil:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Is it possible to save vs the vulnerability to lighting? If not, how long it lasts?
GM: Vulnerability lasts until the end of the encounter. No save. You'll notice, however, that only the votaic hiss produces lightning damage, and the drakkoth will not be able to use it again until he is bloodied.

Unfortunately, at that point, the voltaic hiss becomes an At-Will power until he either regains hp to a point at which he is not bloodied or dies.

Pretty wicked, huh?:devil:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Rujah, fight on! Advance!"
Riardon calls as his blade slices through the drake killing it.

[sblock=OOC]

free: change damage to radiant
standard: Steel Monsoon vs drake (1d20+15=29, 2d8+12=25) vs AC. Hit and kills.
3 allies within 5 squares of him can shift 1 square.
move to minor: Inspiring Word (2d6+4=13) on himself. Regains a total of 27 HP

save vs vulnerability? (1d20=20)

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 59 / 59 Bloodied: 29
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:14 Surges per day: 4 / 9
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition: vulnerable lightning 10

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
GM: Vulnerability lasts until the end of the encounter. No save. You'll notice, however, that only the votaic hiss produces lightning damage, and the drakkoth will not be able to use it again until he is bloodied.

Unfortunately, at that point, the voltaic hiss becomes an At-Will power until he either regains hp to a point at which he is not bloodied or dies.

Pretty wicked, huh?:devil:
another wasted nat 20 ;)

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=Cells]
Sheng stretches his long nailed fingers "Very well my chitinous partner, let's try something, since I don't want to root in this place. But do prepare, this might get violent."
With that he produces a cloud of green gas from the thin air, that flows violently into his hands, concentrating. Outstretching them, the jadite throws acid blobs into the joints of the cell door, hoping to melt down the hinges.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Riardon! Watch out!" Gensai shouted, with little more than moral support.

OOC: Using interrupt Channeling Shield to reduce the damage to Riardon by 8. Nevermind...

Should be able to post for Rujah and Me this afternoon.

Last edited:

Remove ads