[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: DM, are you waiting on one of us to do EB's turn?

[sblock=Me being selfish about Rujah]
I feel like a jerk for asking, but at some point, do we just let Theroc go as a player in this game? He hasn't logged on in over 4 months, and been almost a month since Ozy told us he is coming back. I'm starting to wonder if he's ever coming back as a steady player, and in the mean time, I think we could use a more active player instead of one of us role-playing his not-updated character sheet.

So, selfish me, I'd rather have defender two be Brewnar, since Rapida's around (and a great player). On the one hand, I feel bad asking you to dump a player for being inactive, but on the other hand, I don't think it's unreasonable to move on after 4 months.
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Wooooooah!" Surprised by both the attack, and seeing his dragonborn companion brought to the floor, Mervin reacts instinctively. Dazzling colors shoot from his staff, filling the hallway, and completely engulfing the malicious drakes. When the spray dissipates, the drakes are obviously having trouble readjusting to the dimmer light.

Staggering with momentary disorientation, it is all the drakes can do to get back on their clawed feet.

Overhead, another arrow flies down the corridor toward Fenwick, but the missile strikes the wall behind him, exploding in a shower of blue sparks. The drakkoth at the end of the hall curses, "Lucky ssssupppplessssskin!"

[sblock=Mervin's Actions]Standard: Color Spray
Target1: Scytheclaw Drake 1
Attack1: 1d20+11=31 vs. Will Crit!
Target2: Scytheclaw Drake 2
Attack2: 1d20+11=31 vs. Will Holy %$#@! Crit AGAIN!
Damage: 1d6+10=16(max)+2d10(Crit Damage)=32 radiant damage and both drakes are dazed until the end of Mervin's next turn

Move: to N27[/sblock][sblock=Actions]Drakkoth Thundershot:
Standard: Longbow
Target: Fenwick
Attack: 1d20+16-2(cover)=18 vs. AC Miss

Scytheclaw Drake 1:
Move: Stand
Scytheclaw Drake 2:
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Ruajah: R29 48/70 HP 10/12 HS 2APProne, vulnerable 10 lightning
Gensai: Q30 67/68 HP 10/11 HS 1AP
Riardon: Q27 58/59 HP 5/9 HS 1AP
Fenwick: O27 66/67 HP 8/11 HS 1AP
Mervin: N30 44/44 HP 3/8HS 1AP

Drakkoth Thundershot: N40 86/86
Scytheblade Drake 1: P31 73/105 Dazed until end of Mervin's next turn
Scytheblade Drake 2: O31 73/105 Dazed until end of Mervin's next turn [/sblock][sblock=Map]
ShearsLibrary23.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]2X
ScytheclawDrake.png

DrakkothThundershot-1.png
[/sblock]
GM: I'lll post enemy actions later today. I just thought I'd post Mervin's actions because they turned out so surprisingly well!

BTW: I took the liberty of "leveling up" Rujah's and Mervin's stats. We'll do it this way until they are written out (which will likely be soon):
+1 to attacks
+1 to damage
+1 to defenses
+4 hp for Mervin
+7 hp for Rujah

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
"Fenwick wish to hit archer, but other monsters in the way. Oh well. Fenwick hit target of opportunity!"
With his axe at the ready, Fenwick charges one of the Drakes, but his swing goes wide. He growls and jumps back out of the way.[sblock=actions]Standard: Charge to P31 Howling Strike vs. Drake 1 (1d20+12+1+2=19, 1d12.minroll(3)+2d6+1d8+8=26) Miss.
Free: Shift to O30[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 7
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light
AC:20, Fort:19, Reflex:16, Will:16
:bmelee: +12 vs. AC, 1d12+8 damage (brutal 2, high crit)

HP:66/67, Bloodied:33, Surge Value:16, Surges left:7/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike,
Haggle, Curtain of Steel, Giantkind Gloves

Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Roaring like a lion, Riardon steps forward. Keeping a position save from the archer, he is still able to burn the drakes's flesh the the radiant energy of his blade.
"Rujah, Gesai, hold the front!"

[sblock=OOC]

free: change damage to radiant
move: to Q31
standard: Lion's Roar vs Drake 1 (1d20+15=32, 2d8+12=22) vs AC, radiant damage. @Tenchuu: Rujah can spent another Healing Surge.

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 58 / 59 Bloodied: 29
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:14 Surges per day: 5 / 9
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
RUJAH
"As you say," Rujah grunted, getting two his feet and racing forward. But his attempt was clumsy and miss. Still, he threatened them all the same.

"You had me by surprise last time. You'll not be so lucky again."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
HS (+20), Move: Stand, Charge Drake 1 (Miss), Mark Drake 1 and Drake 2

[sblock=Action Block]
Free: HS from Riardon's Lion's Roar (+20)
Standard: Charge=Warden's Lunge (move to P31)

• Target: Drake 1 - P32
  • Attack: 1d20+10=14 +1 charge bonus =15 miss
  • Damage: 1d10+6=0 lightning damage
  • Effect: N/A
Free: Nature's Wrath = Mark all adjacent enemies TENT
[sblock=stat block]
HP: 69
Surge Value: 20

+1 to attacks
+1 to damage
+1 to defenses

[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
Gensai stepped forward cautiously. "No, to me," he taunted. "I will be your undoing."

With a flash of his blade, flames erupted around one the drakes, but it seemed uneffected by the attack. resheathing his blade, Gensai furrowed his brow.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Shift (+1 AC/Ref), AoS on Drake 2, Swordmage Shielding Fire vs Drake 1 (Miss by 1!)

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: Shift to Q30 +1 AC/Ref
Minor: Aegis of Shielding on Drake 2 (O32)
Standard: Swordmage Shielding Fire vs Drake 1 (P32)

• Target1: Drake 1 (P32) vs Fort
  • Attack1: 1d20+10=20
  • Damage: 2d10+4=0 (would have been 19)
  • Effect = Target is marked as if I have a second independent AoS. Until the end of the encounter, when you reduce the damage the target deals using aegis of shielding, the target takes fire damage equal to the amount of damage your aegis of shielding power prevents.
[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 7
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +18

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 19, Reflex: 21, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 67/68, THP: 0/3 Bloodied: 31, Surge Value: 15, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mervin tries a psychic attack, but the drakes are in a frenzy. Switching tactics, he opts for fire. The hallway explodes in flames and the drakes reel once more, falling to the ground.

The first drake crawls to its feet, and swipes at Riardon, but Gensai's protective magic deflects the blow. The warlord, however, is not so lucky when the second drake finds its feet.

Claws slash into the Eladrin warrior, and before either he or his companions can react, the drake leaps through the air, going after Mervin. The claws don't do much damage on the surface, but Mervin can already feel poison working its way through his veins.

"Hold sssstill!"
The drakkoth curses as yet another arrow flies wide of its mark. Fenwick smiles at his luck.[sblock=Mervin's Actions]Standard: Phantom Bolt
Target: Drake 1
Attack: 1d20+10+2(CA dazed)=17 vs. Will Miss

AP: Orb of Incendiary Detonation
Target1: Drake 1
Attack1: 1d20+10+2=27 vs. Will Hit
Target2: Drake 2
Attack2: 1d20+10+2(CA dazed)=20 vs. Will Hit
Damage: 1d6+9=15 and hit targets are knocked prone
Drake 1 takes 2 extra damage (bloodied)[/sblock][sblock=Actions]
Scytheclaw Drake 1:
Free: Take 2 Damage (Orb of Incendiary Detonation)
Standard: Scytheclaw
Target: Riardon
Attack: 1d20+15-2(Aegis of Shielding)=23 vs. AC Miss
Gensai gains 3thp

Scytheclaw Drake 2:
Free:
Take 2 Damage (Orb of Incendiary Detonation)
Move:
Stand
Standard:
Scytheclaw
Target: Rujah
Attack: 1d20+15=35 vs. AC Crit for 13-8(AoS)=5 and 5 ongoing damage. Rujah is knocked prone.
Triggered: Springing Step
Jump to: O27
Fenwick OA: 1d20+12=17 vs. AC Miss
Gensai OA: 1d20+13=17 vs. AC Miss
Scytheclaw: 1d20+15=29-2 vs AC for 1d8+5=13 damage (accidentally rolled 2d8+5, took first d8 roll) and 5 ongoing. Mervin is knocked prone.

Drakkoth Thundershot:
Standard: Longbow
Target: Fenwick
Attack: 1d20+16=19 vs. AC Miss
Move: to P35[/sblock][sblock=Status]Ruajah: P31 63/70 HP 9/12 HS 2AP Prone vulnerable 10 lightning
Gensai: Q30 67/68 HP +3thp 10/11 HS 1AP
Riardon: Q31 58/59 HP 5/9 HS 1AP
Fenwick: O27 66/67 HP 8/11 HS 1AP
Mervin: N27 31(26)/44 HP 3/8HS 0AP Prone

Drakkoth Thundershot: P35 86/86
Scytheblade Drake 1: O27 32/105 Bloodied
Scytheblade Drake 2: P32 37/105 Bloodied [/sblock][sblock=Map]
ShearsLibrary24-3.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]2X
ScytheclawDrake.png

DrakkothThundershot-1.png
[/sblock]