D&D General A friend of mine has joined A 5E Dnd Group, has decided to play A Robin Hood Style character and wants to know what people think of his character

JMISBEST

Explorer
I suspect they mean it is natural to assume a character based on Robin Hood would be male. One certainly could create a female character based on Robin Hood (in fact, I have done so), but that would be an exception to the typical expectation.
They could even play a female with the name Robin Hood, after all Robin is a name that can be given to both boys and girls

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
I suspect they mean it is natural to assume a character based on Robin Hood would be male. One certainly could create a female character based on Robin Hood (in fact, I have done so), but that would be an exception to the typical expectation.

I think that is a very generous interpretation on your part.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
People need to drop this pointless thread as begun by a clickbaiter.
This is a pretty typical @JMISBEST thread, and I’m pretty sure they’re entirely genuine. They just clearly have a lot of story and character ideas and nobody to talk to them about outside of ENWorld. And for some reason feel more secure in framing them as their friends’ ideas instead of their own.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
They could even play a female with the name Robin Hood, after all Robin is a name that can be given to both boys and girls
Most every name can be given to both boys and girls, especially if youre happy to accept alternate spellings. Afterall Marion can be a boys name and Little Joni and Allana Dale could be girls.

Remove ads