• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick wheels and charges again, his blade glancing off the scaly hide of the remaining creature.

"Fenwick annihilate nasty lizard-thing!" he shouts hopefully, stepping beside the thing in an attempt to move around it.

[sblock=actions]Standard: Charge to O31 Howling Strike vs. Drakkoth (1d20+12+1=22, 1d12.minroll(3)+2d6+1d8+8=20)
Free Action: Shift to P32[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 7
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light
AC:20, Fort:19, Reflex:16, Will:16
:bmelee: +12 vs. AC, 1d12+8 damage (brutal 2, high crit)

HP:66/67, Bloodied:33, Surge Value:16, Surges left:7/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike,
Haggle, Curtain of Steel, Giantkind Gloves

Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: DM: Can WD retcon save his Rousing Word? Rujah used Font of Life class feature to save vs ongoing at the start of his turn, and saved. So, it would be a waste of 2 healing surges.

RUJAH

Rujah shrugged off the the lightning attack. "Don't you know? I breath lightning!"

Side stepping, he made a clumpsy attack, striking the wall above the creature's head.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Font of Live: Save vs ongoing, Shift to O31, Tempest Assault Miss,

[sblock=Action Block]
Free: Font of Life: Save vs ongoing: 1d20=16
Move: Shift to O31
Standard: Tempest Assault vs AC

• Target: Drakkoth
  • Attack: 1d20+10=11 nat 1 Miss
  • Damage: 1d10+6=0 lightning damage
  • Effect: N/A
[sblock=stat block]
HP: 49
Surge Value: 20
AP: 1/2

+1 to attacks
+1 to damage
+1 to defenses

[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
Gensai sheathed his blade with a snap, and in an instant, he disappeared. A moment later, he reappeared behind the Reptile. "Behind you!"

He slashed out with the Katana, and lightning crackled the beast's skin, thunder echoing in the hall. "You are not the only one who can make thunder. Now, drop your weapons and surrender!"

The swordmage waited for the beast to comply. "Master Mervin, if he makes any aggressive moves against us, take him down!"

OOC: Can you have Mervin ready an attack to trigger if the enemy attacks one of us?

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Teleport to O33, Booming Blade hit, AoS

Don't Forget: Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula on Rujah (+1 to AC. As a free action, he can turn the bonus in to 23 THP)

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: Armathor's Step to O33
Standard: Booming Blade vs AC

• Target1: Drakkoth
  • Attack1: 1d20+13=30 +2(Armathor's Step)=32 Hit
  • Damage: 1d8+6=11
  • Effect: if the target is adjacent to you at the start of its next turn and moves away during that turn, it takes 1d6+3=4 thunder damage
Minor: Mark Drakkoth with AoS
[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 7
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +18

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 19, Reflex: 21, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 67/68, THP: 3/3 Bloodied: 31, Surge Value: 15, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: DM: Can WD retcon save his Rousing Word? Rujah used Font of Life class feature to save vs ongoing at the start of his turn, and saved. So, it would be a waste of 2 healing surges.
GM: I'm OK with that.

OOC: Can you have Mervin ready an attack to trigger if the enemy attacks one of us?
GM: If you have something specific in mind, feel free to post and roll for Mervin. I'm assuming this is OK with everyone else.

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Mervin's Readied Action]
Trigger: If Drakkoth attacks one of the players (resolve after his attack)
Standard: Winged Horde
Attack: 1d20+10=27 Hit (isn't there a +1 for leveling?)
Damage: 1d6+4=10
Effect: target cannot take opportunity actions until the end of your next turn
[/sblock]
OOC: Sweet. hit. So, assuming it doesn't surrender and attacks one of us, next round it cannot take OA, so feel free to move into position to sound it in order to maximize CA bonus. We should have rujah go first, since his to-hits are the lowest.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Cells]
Sheng stretches his long nailed fingers "Very well my chitinous partner, let's try something, since I don't want to root in this place. But do prepare, this might get violent."
With that he produces a cloud of green gas from the thin air, that flows violently into his hands, concentrating. Outstretching them, the jadite throws acid blobs into the joints of the cell door, hoping to melt down the hinges.[/sblock]

[sblock=Cells]
The Thri-kreen begins chuckling at the man's words, "You're crazy, you're not a tree, how do you have roots? he asks.

As the sorcerer's spell goes into effect, the acid melting and hissing as it hits the metal, he jumps back from the spell. "Ah! Be careful with that, you are like that man that made me lose my arm. He could make the acid like you, but his were in vats and jars. He threw one at me and called me a monster. Haha, I'm not a monster, I'm Tikchik. So, be careful, that dragon might not like it trying to get out of here" Tikchik says [/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The drakkoth howls "You will not succsssseed!" Realizing that it is alone, and can't manage to get off a good shot (must be a bad bow), the drakkoth makes a break for the turn at the end of the corridor.

Fenwick and Rujah fail to land blows on the retreating reptile, but Gensai manages a parting gash across the back of the drakkoth's neck.

The drakkoth attempts a final shot with its bow, but the momentum of its retreat confounds the attempt.[sblock=Gensai's Save vs. Ongoing]1d20=[/sblock][sblock=Actions]
Drakkoth Thundershot:

Free: Take 4 damage

Move:
to O34
Rujah OA: 1d20+10=21 vs. AC Miss.
Gensai OA: 1d20+13=30 vs. AC for 1d8+6=6 damage
Fenwick OA: 1d20+12=22 vs. AC Miss.
Drakkoth Thundershot is now bloodied

Standard: Longbow
Target: Gensai
Attack: 1d20+16=20 vs. AC Miss
Mervin's Readied Action does not hit because the Drakkoth has moved out of range.

[/sblock][sblock=Status]Ruajah: O31 49/70 HP 9/12 HS 2AP vulnerable 10 lightning
Gensai: O339 58/68 HP +3thp 10/11 HS 1AP Ongoing 5
Riardon: Q31 59/59 HP 4/9 HS 1AP
Fenwick: O28 66/67 HP 8/11 HS 1AP
Mervin: N27 31/44 HP 3/8HS 0AP

Drakkoth Thundershot: O39 40/86
Scytheblade Drake 1: O27 0/105 Dead
Scytheblade Drake 2: -6/105 Dead[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ShearsLibrary26.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]2X
ScytheclawDrake.png

DrakkothThundershot-2.png
[/sblock][sblock=Cells]Check here tomorrow night. It's late, and this will have to wait.[/sblock]

Remove ads