• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Thanks, I owe you one." Rocco says as he collects his wits and belongings

He then turns to approaching deva:
"What are you nagging about, angel? You get stuck with a needle and are almost ready to collapse. Maybe you should stick closer to us next time."

Back to business:
"Well, this wasn't really great opening of our search. Let's see what there guys carry around. Did you get one of them alive?"

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Yeah everyone's getting 5 extra hp on top of their surge value when you use your healing surges during this rest. I'll spend two surges at 7 hp +5 for song of rest = 24, puts me at full.[/sblock]

OOC: will you use your majestic words ? that nets you another sizeable bonus. I believe our defenders may have need of them...

Cyr uses 2 surges for full +5hp - I could save one surge if someone *cough* gets me another +5 on first one :)

I'm just kidding, Cyr is at 4/7 surges so good to go!

Neurotic

OOC: Rocco cannot be helped by single majestic word he needs two to save a surge
with 1 hp and 7+5 = 12 he needs 30 to be full so either two with two bonuses (I don't think Ibram can heal +6 with one, can he?) - spend those on somebody who can benefit
Or spend three(3) and be at 6/12 surges. Ready to fight on!

After getting his head right he collects Issa and Elalaran. He brings them to the pit trap and after taking their stuff aside he chants softly over the bodies, using his tiny hammer to clang softly on the axe. Those knowledgeable in such things may recognize shadar-kai dirge for the dead. After he's done, he appears to prepare the bodies to drop them into the pit. Before that in two sudden strikes he removes their heads and THEN pushes them down!

"I may remember you as worthy opponent witch!, but I won't see you getting up on me." - he turns his gaze to Myri.
"If you don't want similar fate, start speaking!"

Last edited:

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] My bonus 5 hp is on top of your surge value, I don't have to spend anything, I'm just playing a song of rest during our short rest. It nets you extra HP.[/sblock]

Neurotic

Majestics

My bonus 5 hp is on top of your surge value, I don't have to spend anything, I'm just playing a song of rest during our short rest. It nets you extra HP.

Yes, I know, but majestic words also allows for spending surge with it's own bonus. And spent surge gets bonus from song of rest. I'm just not clear on whether you have actions to spare to use it while playing song of rest or we would need two leaders for that.

Do we get AP? There was skill challenge and now fight. True, we failed at the challenge, but still...

Last edited:

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Majestic word is for combat situations. Song of rest isn't an action of any sort, it's out of combat. I'll still get my majestic word (x2) if theres another encounter. I'm not sure what you're confused about. Song of rest is just a sweet bard thing haha..listen to my harp skills. I don't think I can use majestic word outside of combat..[/sblock]

Last edited:

CMoss

First Post
Aurak will listen to the majestic voice of the bard as he drags the archer towards their other captive and bound the duo with the rope from his backpack.

[sblock=ooc]
Wow, you almost doubled my surge amount. Ok so 3 surges = 33 hp so max hp. [/sblock]

"Put blindfold on the witch. May not be gentlemanly, but we don't need her teleporting out or doing some other nasty business. Besides she may be more willing to talk if she cannot see us, it's harder to judge true feelings and reactions without seeing the one speaking.

I'll ask Sky Lord for guidance. If you have any questions you need answered regarding close future I suggest you think them through in next ten minutes. I'll ask on your behalf. First of three will be whether we stop here or continue."

[sblock=Ritual]
Perform Hand of Fate for free.
First question:
"would it be better for recovering Obolus to continue now or regain our strength by resting in the cabin or regain our strength resting back at Redboots or regain our strength resting in the woods." after each option he laid pebble, coin, red cloth and a twig respectively.

Ritual provides best of offered by pointing to the best option. Ritual prefers high risk high reward scenarios over more prudent ones.
[/sblock]

OOC: Covaithe/CaBaNa, what did they have from items?
OOC everyone: what do you say we buy Comrade's Succor ritual as a group (assuming we stay together for the next adventure? It's 150gp+10 gp and a surge per ritual. Main function: distribute healing surges through the party as we see fit.

CaBaNa

First Post
The witch continued to lay unconscious through Rocco's grisly work. The archers feet bounce off the ground as he is dragged toward Myri. Aurak binds the two together, and Cyr skillfully points out the witch, Myri, may need a blindfold.

The ritual begins and winds begin to swirl about Cyr, picking up the leaves and rustling the trees.

[sblock=OOC]It is possible that I may be slow to post the next couple days. Depending on how difficult my latest test is to study for.

I'm discussing all your questions with Covaithe, so that I don't miss anything.

@Neurotic/modest Majestic word can be used outside of combat. However Ibram used both of his MW's during combat. He would have to rest 5 minutes, before being able to use them again. Then after that, if he wanted them back, he'd need another 5 min rest.

The begining of the ritual will mark the end of the short rest, I'll start the ritual this evening. So if you have any actions you want to do before Cyr starts the ritual, do them asap.

That excludes Rocco, Ibram, Aurak, and Cyr, as they have already decided their actions during the short rest.

Let me know if I missed any of your questions.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads