• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

I'll wait a little longer for actions/questions.

AP will be awarded.

Myri had a dagger, leather armor, and her rod
Issia had the same
Elalaran had 4 daggers, and leather armor

the archers carried a spear, crossbow, 20 bolts, and leather armor, each.

No one had monetary wealth on them. [sblock=Perception 15] The archers leathers carry a matching brand. [/sblock]

[/sblock]

Here are other two questions depending on the advice on the first:
[sblock=Assuming advice was extended rest]
2. Can we trust Redboot to keep his word? - this is somewhat farfetched assumption we'll return for extended rest and that Redboot will offer us security as he already promised non-interferrence
3. Is there a danger is searching the cabin?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Assuming advice was we continue]
2. Would it be more beneficial to interrogate Myri, search the cabin or, to save time, go immediately after thieves?
3. Does the group with Obolus within 1 hour travel from us or we are on the wrong track completely?[/sblock]

First block doesnt' have questions about followgin other group because it's short term future we're talking about

Also, what kind of matching mark on the bandits? A band? Craftsman? Guild?

Cyr takes one rod (unless both are wanted by others), 1 javelin and 1 crossbow with bolts. If anyone would want any of those consider them available as Cyr has no PRESSING need, those he would like, but will not insist on taking them.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Unless I'm mistaken, CMoss and THushman have yet to chime in on their character's actions during the short rest.

Also, does anyone else take any of the gear?

[/sblock]

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Ok so we're all short-resting, getting our stuff back together, collecting bits and bobs, bandaging ourselves up and discussing plan of action. I say we try to peek in the shed/building and yeah if we can, interrogate Myri. I'll take a spear, some bolts and one of the leather armors.[/sblock]

Ibram finishes blotting the caked on blood in his hair and around his eyes, and applies various unguents and salves to his wounds. He sings out-loud as he does so, humming and murmuring all the while. As he wraps the last bandage around his torso, he pulls out his beaten brown harp and begins to pluck a few test-notes to best fit the mood of the ordeal he has just been through.
"..and the youngest of the family
is moving with authority..
building castles by the sea.."

"What say we 'ead out ter that shed there?"

Last edited:

CMoss

First Post
Aurak will take the lead in investigating the shed.

[sblock=ooc]
I thought during a short rest we, you know, rested ;)

I guess I'll stand guard during the rest and then open the shed door after, maybe after someone checks for traps, who's good at finding stuff[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
A form coalesces into being, avatar of the sky lord, listening intently as Cyr lays out options for the Fate to weigh.

The surge of magical energy wakens Myri, who thrashes about, waking the archer in stamped leather. They glance nervously in all directions, trying to discern the parties intent.

Listing gently the Fate approached, reaching forth and pausing above the four options. The spirit then turned and pointed directly toward the cabin.

A cruel smile lights Myri's lips, though she stays silent.

The fickle Fate fades from view, it's part of the ritual fulfilled.

[sblock=OOC]

Your "first question" had three questions in it. The Hand of Fate answered which was best, met the ritual's requirement, and vanished.

[/sblock]

Aurak heads toward the door to the cabin, intent on finding out what lies inside.

OOC: As I read it, it had one question with several options of which it should point out the best (as defined). The question was do we continue or rest. Everything else were options for the same question. Hand of Fate answers only to offered options, doesn't provide info on it's own.

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

"When you perform the ritual, ask up to three questions about possible courses of action. A translucent blue hand appears and indicates with a gesture what the most rewarding course of action is."
-Quoted from Hand of Fate.

First question:
"would it be better for recovering Obolus to continue now or regain our strength by resting in the cabin or regain our strength resting back at Redboots or regain our strength resting in the woods."
-Quoted from sblock titled Ritual under First Question:

Would it be better for recovering Obolus to continue now? Would it be better for recovering Obolus to Recover our strength? Should we rest in the cabin or at the redboots hideout, or in the woods?

Seems like three distinct questions about a course of action.

If you describe courses of action that refer to directions or specific objects, then the hand points toward the choice that bears the greatest reward. If you ask the hand, “Should we head down the stairs or through the doors?” then the hand responds by pointing either to the stairs or the doors. If you ask the hand, “Which of these three levers should we pull first?” then the hand responds by pointing to a lever.
-Quoted from Hand of Fate

The hand pointed toward the choice, Cabin, that bears the greatest reward. Cabin was an option presented while the question was asked.

If you feel this is not enough from the ritual, the party can engage in a skill challenge to coax a question or two more from the Fate.

Skill Challenge; Get more info from the Fate! :D

DC 16, +3 for each failure.

3 success before 3 failure = 1 question

6 success before 3 failure = 2 question

Main skill religion,
A successful history/dungeoneering/heal check will open Arcana as a main skill,
a successful history/dungeoneering/heal will open diplomacy as a skill.
Other skills may grant a +2 to the next check if the RP is appropriate/creative/entertaining.

Secret auto-fail is in effect.

Good Luck ;)

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]OOC: Oh, c'mon. It WAS one question fair and square :( Add OR instead of dot between sentences and it will be like first example question...
EDIT: I just looked it up, I DID write ORs between options...I'll abide by skill challenge, but I feel it's unfair, sorry. I guess it comes from different understanding of the language and/or culture/personal differences.

Since Cyr wouldn't know and wouldn't question the decision of SkyLord to withdraw his servant (minor as it is) he wouldn't be disapointed in it's loss.

I won't roll Religion or any other since I'm the one who summoned it (do not tempt fate and all that :) ). If I have to roll use auto-aid-another for religion.

Are the rods magical?

[/sblock]

"Sky Lord says onward to victory!"
Cyr loads the crossbow and stands ready as others approach the cabin.

[sblock=Actions]Ready action: Vanguards lightning on first attacker (not just anyone who appears) that appears - Cyr observes carefully (please roll active perception for him if/when something needs to be seen before you describe it. Thank you.
[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads