• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

CMoss

First Post
Aurak stands up and tries to get his bearings.

[sblock=ooc]
Move: stand
Standard: Total defense (+2 defenses TSNT)[/sblock]

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Mechanically, dropping my sword would make sense but for RP purposes I don't think Ibram would go around just picking up and dropping his weapons all over the place B-) [/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 8, concluded

Ibram replaces his sword and pulls out a small crossbow, loading it.

Aurak, badly wounded, tightens his defenses.

The sole remaining bandit takes a look at the foes arrayed against him, and decides that living suits him better than dying. He turns and runs at top speed, disappearing into the deeper forest behind the cabin.

[sblock=ooc]Ibram switches to his crossbow and loads it.

Rocco fails to die.

Aurak wasn't actually prone; my mistake. So he has a move action left if you feel like spending one. He takes total defense.

bandit 3 double runs, moving into the forest at A31. He has total concealment from all of you (and vice versa) due to more than 5 squares of lightly obscured terrain. But you do know what square he's in; he ran in a straight line and made a lot of noise. Also, he grants CA due to running. So if you want to take a pop at him, it's -5 for total concealment, +2 from CA, and possibly -2 for a range increment. I count the range as 17 squares from where Cyr is, and he's the closest of you.

The bandit is going to keep running, so combat is effectively over (unless you feel like chasing him), but we need to stay in rounds until Rocco's fate is resolved. Someone needs to heal him, e.g. with a potion, since I think you're out of other healing resources, or make a DC 15 heal check to stabilize him, before he fails 2 more death saves.
[/sblock]

[sblock=status and initiative]

• Myri unconscious
  • Issa dead
  • Elalaran dead
  • Bandit 1 dead
  • Bandit 2 dead
  • Bandit 3 unharmed
  • Ibram 7/30 HP, 9/11 surges, 1 failed death save
  • Rocco 0/31 HP, 9/12 surges, 1 failed death save, prone, dying
  • Silphyus 18/28 HP +5 temp, 8/9 surges
  • Cyr 7/22 HP 6/7 surges, dazed TENT
  • Kryath 26/26 HP, 8/8 surges
  • Aurak 1/27 HP, 9/11 surges, +2 def tsnt

Resources Used:
  • Cyr: AP, Silent Malediction, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Blades of Astral Fire, Channel Divinity, Second Wind
  • Ibram: AP, Echoing Roar, Majestic Word x2, Thunder's calling, second wind, Dire Radiance
  • Rocco: AP, second wind
  • Myri: shadow jaunt, AP, Cursebite
  • Issa: shadow jaunt, AP, Cursebite
  • Kryath: Ice Javelins, breath weapon, Ray of the Moon
  • Aurak: Lay on Hands x2, Divine Strength, Valorous Smite, second wind
  • Silphyus: AP, second wind, vampiric embrace, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]Human bandits: AC <= 24, 11 < Reflex <= 19
[/sblock]

[sblock=map and terrain notes]
forest11.png

Squares that are more than half covered in vegetation are difficult and lightly obscured terrain. Entering such a square costs 2 squares of movement. Creatures in obscured terrain have concealment, and if there are five or more squares of obscured terrain between you and a target, that target has total concealment from you.
[/sblock]

"Good for you. God speed!" shouts Cyr to fleeing bandit

He then turns to his fallen companion:
"C'mon dwarf, you're supposed to be tough race. You're not supposed to die from a girl looking at you wrongly."

Between quick binding of the wounds, natural toughness and fit body of the dwarf and few breaths of smelling salts from adventurers kit, Rocco is quickly stabilized.

Jibe probably helped as much as Cyr's skills since most of the damage was to dwarf's ego and psyche.

Heal to stabilize Rocco (1d20+5=20)

OOC: I believe Rocco got one arrow and one blast from Issa's aura, everything else was from warlock powers vs. Will, correct?

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: I believe Rocco got one arrow and one blast from Issa's aura, everything else was from warlock powers vs. Will, correct?

ooc: Cursebite was vs. Fort, did he get hit by that? Other than that, it sounds right, yes. However, Cyr is dazed this round, so he won't be able to make that check until next round. (Have to be adjacent; yadda yadda.) So Rocco might have to make one more death save, if no one else can stabilize him this round, but he certainly won't die. Sorry to be pedantic about this, but since failed death saves last until an extended rest, it might matter quite a bit down the line.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Yeah, like we won't stay in the cabin and rest or even return back to Redboot since everyone spent their dailies and will be less then half on surges...

No, he's the only one missed by Cursebite...nasty power that...esp. with rod of corruption

Rules are rules. And running makes cyr adjacent, just not having standard action :(

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Ok, instead of running, the bandit gets smacked down by Aurak. He's unconscious too. That was last round, but it takes Aurak far enough away that he can't try a heal check on Rocco this round. Still need actions from Ibram, Silphyus, and Kryath to see whether Rocco has to roll a death save this round. If I don't hear from them by tonight, I'll just roll heal checks on their behalf. There's no sense in holding things up at this point.

covaithe

Explorer
Round 9

Silphyus and Kryath rush to Rocco's side, and quickly revive the dwarf.

End combat

[sblock=ooc]Here are heal checks for Silphyus and Ibram, with Silphyus using the +2 from Kryath's successful aid another check: 22 and 5. So Silphyus stabilizes Rocco, and he doesn't need to make another death save. He wakes up as soon as you take a short rest, which is effectively now.

When you're specifying how many surges to spend, keep Ibram's song of rest in mind.

Good fight, guys. I enjoyed that. ;)
[/sblock]

[sblock=status after combat]

• Ibram 7/30 HP, 9/11 surges, 1 failed death save
  • Rocco 0/31 HP, 9/12 surges, 1 failed death
  • Silphyus 18/28 HP, 8/9 surges
  • Cyr 7/22 HP 6/7 surges
  • Kryath 26/26 HP, 8/8 surges
  • Aurak 1/27 HP, 9/11 surges

Resources Used:
  • Cyr: AP, Silent Malediction,
  • Ibram: AP, Echoing Roar,