• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

modest

First Post
Seeing the distracted and angered face of the warlock Myri, Ibram decides to rush in, full blade high above his head. He calls out her wounded left side that is bleeding profusely. "Be gone foul thing!"

[sblock=Actions] Move- move to R-13
Standard- Guiding strike, +8 vs AC
1d20+8 → [4,8] = (12) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2450003 obviously this misses..[/sblock]

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] What do you mean non-lethal? As in keep Myri alive? Someone could try intimidating the hell out of her..or diplomacy I suppose. I don't know, Ibram is pretty p*ssed off about this warlock :confused:. [/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 7, continued

Ibram follows his comrades in close, and attempts to call attention to the warlock's wounded side, but misses his stroke.

Myri hesitates for a moment, pointing towards Cyr. The bandit in the farther bushes obediently fires a bolt at him, but it gets lost in the trees, doing no harm. Myri hisses, and steps away from Aurak. Ignoring Cyr, she crooks her deadly finger towards Rocco again. Once more the shadows leap forward at her command, wrapping the dwarf's mind in wracking pains. Rocco collapses again, and once more the shadows surge and flicker around Myri's hooded form.

[sblock=ooc]Ibram misses.

Myri delays for the bandit.

The bandit shoots at Cyr: 12 vs. AC misses.

Myri steps east, out of the bushes. She makes a ranged attack, provoking an OA from Cyr. I won't roll it, because I'm fairly sure it can't drop her. She targets Rocco: 21 vs. Will hits for 10 damage, dropping Rocco to 0 and dying again. Myri gets one point to her darkspiral aura. (Sorry Rocco, but you did mark her!)

Everyone is up in round 8.

[/sblock]

[sblock=status and initiative]

• Myri 54 damage, cursed by Silphyus, bloodied, darskpiral aura 1, marked by Rocco
  • Issa dead
  • Elalaran dead
  • Bandit 1 dead
  • Bandit 2 dead
  • Bandit 3 unharmed
  • Ibram 7/30 HP, 9/11 surges, 1 failed death save, cursed by Issa
  • Rocco 0/31 HP, 9/12 surges, cursed by Myri, 1 failed death save, prone, dying
  • Silphyus 18/28 HP +5 temp, 8/9 surges, cursed by Issa
  • Cyr 7/22 HP 6/7 surges, cursed by Myri, +2 def tsnt
  • Kryath 26/26 HP, 8/8 surges, cursed by Issa
  • Aurak 1/27 HP, 9/11 surges, prone, cursed by Myri

Resources Used:
  • Cyr: AP, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Blades of Astral Fire, Channel Divinity, Second Wind
  • Ibram: AP, Echoing Roar, Majestic Word x2, Thunder's calling, second wind, Dire Radiance
  • Rocco: AP, second wind
  • Myri: shadow jaunt, AP, Cursebite
  • Issa: shadow jaunt, AP, Cursebite
  • Kryath: Ice Javelins, breath weapon, Ray of the Moon
  • Aurak: Lay on Hands x2, Divine Strength, Valorous Smite, second wind
  • Silphyus: AP, second wind, vampiric embrace
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]Myri and Issa: Reflex at least 14 but no more than 16. AC <= 19.

Human bandits: AC <= 24, Reflex <= 19
[/sblock]

[sblock=map and terrain notes]
forest09.png

Squares that are more than half covered in vegetation are difficult and lightly obscured terrain. Entering such a square costs 2 squares of movement. Creatures in obscured terrain have concealment, and if there are five or more squares of obscured terrain between you and a target, that target has total concealment from you.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Well, you could always try and roll less then 14 for non-minions. You know, miss occasionaly :p

Cyr ineffectively stabs at moving witch.
OA vs. Myri AC (1d20+3=12, 1d4=4)

Cyr moves to make room for others while still remaining in protection of the bushes.
"This is getting ridiculous. You there in the bushes, if I see yet another pin flying this way, I'll make sure that Queen of the Dead whispers few chosen words to her husband on your behalf!

And you, lady of shadows, time for you to stand down."
he says, his words filled with terrible power of The Sky Lord.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: shift to P15
Standard: Silent Malediction vs Myri's Fort (1d20+5=19, 2d6+5=11) - NON-LETHAL Myri is stunned, grants CA, cannot take actions, save end. Cyr is dazed TENT
Minor: Keep fingers crossed that we drop her this round! If she has hp as Issa she has around 10 more after this!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Short Cyr stats]
Cursed
7hp
No powers, except at-wills
HP 22 Bloodied 11 Surge Value 5; Surges Per-Day 7
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 14 Will 16

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Move: shift to P15

ooc: P15 is difficult terrain, so Cyr can't shift into it as far as I can see. Doing it as a move action would provoke an OA, which I assume you'll want to avoid. You can shift to O15, if you like, or stay put in P14. Either way, 19 vs. Fort hits, so Myri is stunned (se).

IS there a way to shift and maintain cover from the archer? Would O13 offer cover due to O14?

Also, is there a way for Ibram to circle around and still attack? Or to pull her closer? so we can work on her in cover of trees...bad fight when we have to take care not to be hit by a minion.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: <rant mode>I realize dropping Rocco was easist for her, but doesn't really seem optimum as she's threatened by two equally weak and cursed attackers (and closer)...of course they both have will in line with their AC :( </rant mode>

I hate having to wait for two weeks to be able to do something :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads