• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: The bad news is, it takes a standard action to feed a potion to someone else. The good news is, at least you didn't waste a good attack roll. ;) Also, you've got a minor action free if you want it.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Could Kryath pull Rocco up with a minor? They both use minor and Rocco gets close and personal with Myri.

I'm trying to see the way to get to Myri with an attack and I don't see it. Is there are way to a) get up as minor action b) charge more then 1 full move (I know run gives +2 move which is just enough, but I'm not sure if that can end as charge?)

Will post IC tomorrow

Cyr takes a deep breath drawing upon deep reserves of his endurance. Thus fortified he draws a dagger and goes close and personal to Myri in attempt to keep her from casting on his belaguered companions.

[sblock=Actions]
+1 to defenses from bloodied enemies
Standard: second wind (+2 defenses, +5hp)
Minor: draw weapon
Move: P16 -> O15 -> P14 avoiding AO and gaining cover
[/sblock]

OOC: now she can shift and cast only if she get closer to everyone
OOC2: Rocco can stand up in Kryaths current square if he moves so that he's in Rocco's square. From there, Rocco could charge through Sylphius or throw weapon and mark.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: great idea, but I think Sylphius is standing in a dificult terrain so I'd need move six...unless he can somehow use his move action to aid Rocco's move? Waiting for thaco's answer to Kryath positioning as MetaVoid suggested...

covaithe

Explorer
OOC2: Rocco can stand up in Kryaths current square if he moves so that he's in Rocco's square. From there, Rocco could charge through Sylphius or throw weapon and mark.

ooc: This almost works. The problem is, the square Sylphius is in is difficult terrain and costs 2 squares to move into. With Rocco's speed of 5, that still leaves him 1 square short. Rocco can certainly mark with a thrown weapon, though.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Rocco's prone shenanigans]
Neurotic said:
Is there a way for Sylphius to help Rocco along?
Is there a way for Kryath to help Rocco get up as minor?

I don't think so. There are plenty of powers that could help, e.g. majestic word, but I don't think either Kryath or Sylphius have any.

Here are two options that I'll allow, for ways to get Rocco to attack Myri this turn.

First, in theory, since helpless allies are treated as objects, not as something you need a grab attack to move, Kryath could pick Rocco up as a minor action and then drop him in Kryath's square, still prone. If Kryath stays in that square, Rocco can stand up another square closer to Myri, putting him in V9 and charging range. I'd require a strength check DC 18 for Kryath to pull off that move, but Kryath has good STR, so it might work. If the check fails, Kryath's minor is used, but Rocco stays put.

Alternatively, I think I will allow a running charge in this case. (Not to be construed as a precedent, yadda yadda.) In that case, Rocco certainly gets to attack, but takes the usual penalties for running.

There's nothing stopping you from trying both options, though. Kryath tries the str check, and if it fails, Rocco tries the running charge.
[/sblock]

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] It is in fact only 5 squares, sorry to get everyone's hopes up haha..I double checked the character builder and still for some reason it says 10 squares on the actual sheet when I go to it. Bizarre. Oh well. As far as my weapon junk, let's say I just picked up my Fullblade and never drew the hand crossbow. My mistake on the rules, apologies. Post IC later tonight most likely.[/sblock]

[sblock=From Neurotic via PM]
OOC: will wait for Kryath to resolve if Rocco can charge. I will not run-charge, too much chance of missing, I'll get close or better yet throw an axe at her to mark and maybe save Cyr some pain :)

Sorry for the hold up everyone

[/sblock]

Remove ads