Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=Covaithe and CaBaNa]
Rocco is not yet approved. CaBaNa reviewed it and requested some changes which are implemented. Could you please review him again?

There was a time when XP time was far away, but time is quickly approaching :)
[/sblock]

Would this action be legal? It would in the future save Aurak move action:
Free: take sword in off hand
Minor: pull out javelin
Standard: Throw
Free: return sword in primary hand

This way he could move instead using it to pick up dropped sword...

Last edited:

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Awesome, thank you so much Aurak and covaithe! Also, was looking at character sheet and found that with my virtue of valor, any ally within TEN (10) squares that drops a foe to 0 hp or bloodies a foe gets 5 temp HP...obviously this would have changed things a bit. That is of course unless I had to be conscious for the feature to work. Anyways here's my turn.[/sblock]

The blood clears from Ibram's eyes as he sees a glowing, white clawed hand pull from his view. It is to Ibram as if being yanked up from a deep lake of black, watching his 'drowning' self outside of his consciousness. He can breathe much better now, the air filling his lungs is a welcome relief. He struggles to stand up, glancing left and right for a sign of his fullblade. Upon seeing the glinting metal, he wraps a firm hand around it. Every second that passes, a little bit more of his strength returns. Strangely, everything is quiet...the only sound Ibram can hear is his own steady breathing, which to him sounds much like an echoing, distant storm. As he thinks about the sound and realizes that which he is hearing is not his breathing, but the actual beginning of a great greyish-red cloud forming above his head, he looks to Elalaran and smiles a great big grin. Upon the word "Birsknirr," the cloud opens up and flashes brilliant light. Seeing that his intended target is unharmed and that a small tree has now burst into fire, Ibram vents his frustration by chanting a few curse words in a devilish lilt, seething tendrils of red and black flicker around his body in a sort of aura.

[sblock=Actions] Move-Stand up
Standard- Echoing roar(described it more as thunder and lightning than a roar, probably why it missed haha) +5 vs fort against Elalaran
1d20+5 → [4,5] = (9) Roll Lookupbooo!
Free-Sheathe full-blade
Minor-Draw hand crossbow
Action Point-Dire Radiance vs Fort against Elalaran - 1d20+4 → [13,4] = (17) Roll Lookup Hits I think!! Damage roll -1d6+4 → [5,4] = (9) Roll Lookup

And if he moves closer to me on his next turn he takes another 1d6+4.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=Virtue]
Also, was looking at character sheet and found that with my virtue of valor, any ally within TEN (10) squares that drops a foe to 0 hp or bloodies a foe gets 5 temp HP...obviously this would have changed things a bit.
OOC: ARGH! Yes that changes things. Yes, I think you need to be concious, but Rocco would still get 5 thp on bloodying issa and would remain (barely) standing after Myri's attack...

Covaithe, can we say he was dropped prone and/or stunned (for some extra special warlock hit) and is just now coming out of it?

[/sblock]

[sblock=Question] if cyr stuns Myri, could he take her by hand and drag her toward melee? I realize she wouldn't be helpless, but stunned says "can take no action" so I assume that includes no resistance to movement? That would be breaking grab, true?

He would spend two move to get to her, move her out of the bushes (another two) and one extra toward melee. If she saves, that's it. If she doesn't, he repeats it until she's as close to Elalaran as Cyr dares to go. That way we can affect them both with small bursts and various blasts.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=questions]
Also, was looking at character sheet and found that with my virtue of valor, any ally within TEN (10) squares that drops a foe to 0 hp or bloodies a foe gets 5 temp HP...obviously this would have changed things a bit.

I'm afraid your character sheet is wrong; PHB2 and DDI both agree that it's 5 squares. Sorry, Rocco!

if cyr stuns Myri, could he take her by hand and drag her toward melee? I realize she wouldn't be helpless, but stunned says "can take no action" so I assume that includes no resistance to movement? That would be breaking grab, true?

Sorry, no. While stunned, she can still defend herself, albeit not quite as effectively (grants CA). You'd have to make a successful grab attack, followed by a Strength vs. Fortitude attack to move her half your speed, as outlined on PHB p.290. It's true that while stunned, she couldn't attempt to escape on her turn, but it still takes you two standard actions to drag her around.

I think I've got everything I need now, so updating shortly.

Regarding approval, it's Rocco and Ibram that still aren't approved, yes? Anyone else? I'll try to find time to look at them soon.

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 6, continued

Kryath's spell sends the rogue stumbling away, giving Aurak an opening to dart to Ibram's side and revive him with divine power channelled through his hands. Meanwhile, Kryath goes to Rocco's side, fishing out a potion.

Ibram, clawed back from the brink of death, rises on unsteady feet. He utters a mighty word that echoes from the clouds with a crash of thunder. Through his art, it sets up painful vibrations in Elalaran's bones, but does no immediate harm. Ibram pulls himself together quickly and utters a few dark words, at which red and black tendrils flicker around him and his victim. The rogue screams in pain, and collapses, eyes rolling back in his head.

Rocco lies still, breathing raggedly.

The other warlock in the trees is still shivering violently from a previous spell, but moves to a better vantage and, with a word, sends a dark pall rushing over the battlefield. Aurak and Cyr are wracked with agony, though the deva's immortal frame resists just enough of the decay to keep him standing. The dragonborn is not so lucky, and crashes to the ground in a clatter of metal plates, senseless.

The last bandit, seeing an opportunity, fires his crossbow at Cyr's back, but the bolt cuts through the invoker's sleeve, leaving a red line, but not actually breaking the skin. With a curse, the bandit retreats into the trees again.

[sblock=ooc]Kryath pushes Elalaran to Q8, moves next to Rocco, and pulls out a potion.

Aurak shifts to R8 and uses Lay on Hands on Ibram, healing him to 7.

Ibram stands up. Echoing roar misses, but Elalaran still takes ongoing 5 thunder and can't benefit from concealment (se). He spends an AP to hit Elalaran with dire radiance, which drops him. Slightly wasteful; the ongoing thunder damage would have killed him on his turn. But you couldn't have known that, I don't think. I'm not sure what you mean to do with your weapons; sheathing a weapon isn't a free action, it's a minor action. But nothing you've done this turn requires you to have your crossbow out. You can either have sheathed the fullblade but not drawn the crossbow, or have dropped the fullblade on the ground and drawn the crossbow. Up to you.

Silphyus gets +1 to a d20 roll on his next turn from Fate of the Void.

Rocco fails his death save. That's one.

Myri takes 5 ongoing cold. She moves south one. She uses Cursebite, which targets Cyr, Aurak, and Rocco. Rocco has concealment and cover (from Kryath); the other attacks are unmodified. 4 vs. Fort misses Rocco, 20 vs. Fort hits Aurak, 18 vs. Fort hits Cyr. Damage is 17 necrotic, of which Cyr resists 5. But Cyr also takes 2 from Myri's curse. Aurak drops to -11 and dying; Cyr is at 2 and is bloodied. Cyr uses Preserver's Rebuke, and gets +3 to his next attack roll against Myri before ENT. Myri gets another point to her darkspiral aura, which is at 2 now. Myri makes her save vs. ongoing cold.

Bandit 3 shoots Cyr, 15 vs. AC misses by 1. Aww.... He moves back into cover.
[/sblock]

[sblock=status and initiative]

• Myri 48 damage, cursed by Silphyus, bloodied, darskpiral aura 2.
  • Issa dead
  • Elalaran dead
  • Bandit 1 dead
  • Bandit 2 dead
  • Bandit 3 unharmed
  • Ibram 7/30 HP, 9/11 surges, 1 failed death save, cursed by Issa
  • Rocco -1/31 HP, 10/12 surges, cursed by Myri, dying, prone, 1 failed death save
  • Silphyus 18/28 HP +5 temp, 8/9 surges, +2 def tsnt, cursed by Issa, +1 to a d20 roll on next turn
  • Cyr 2/22 HP 7/7 surges, cursed by Myri, +3 to next attack vs Myri (tent)
  • Kryath 26/26 HP, 8/8 surges, cursed by Issa
  • Aurak -11/27 HP, 9/11 surges, dying, prone, cursed by Myri

Resources Used:
  • Cyr: AP, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Blades of Astral Fire, Channel Divinity
  • Ibram: AP, Echoing Roar, Majestic Word x2, Thunder's calling, second wind, Dire Radiance
  • Rocco: AP, second wind
  • Myri: shadow jaunt, AP, Cursebite
  • Issa: shadow jaunt, AP, Cursebite
  • Kryath: Ice Javelins, breath weapon, Ray of the Moon
  • Aurak: Lay on Hands x2, Divine Strength, Valorous Smite
  • Silphyus: AP, second wind, vampiric embrace
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]Myri and Issa: Reflex at least 14 but no more than 16. AC <= 19.

Human bandits: AC <= 24, Reflex <= 19
[/sblock]

[sblock=map and terrain notes]
forest07.png

Squares that are more than half covered in vegetation are difficult and lightly obscured terrain. Entering such a square costs 2 squares of movement. Creatures in obscured terrain have concealment, and if there are five or more squares of obscured terrain between you and a target, that target has total concealment from you.
[/sblock]

Hmm. Dilemma: blast her with daily and risk getting hit (with scarce healing) and dropped by a minion (how degrading) OR use second wind and hope somebody else comes to the rescue...

[sblock=Question] Effect of silent malediction is Cyr is dazed TENT. Dazed means he can use only one action on his own turn...does that mean he can use standard, get dazed and THEN use one action or that one power is all he gets?

I'm leaning toward first explanation since it would mean that there is less clear advantage for using all his actions before standard for power...

Idea is to use power to stun Myri and then use 1 dazed action (move) to drop into the hole where he would be safe from the archer. He would be sitting duck for Myri, but she's stunned at least on full turn so he gets to use second wind before she goes again.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Question]
Effect of silent malediction is Cyr is dazed TENT. Dazed means he can use only one action on his own turn...does that mean he can use standard, get dazed and THEN use one action or that one power is all he gets?

I'm leaning toward first explanation since it would mean that there is less clear advantage for using all his actions before standard for power...

My interpretation would be that once he becomes dazed, his turn would end (barring APs and free actions, etc.). This is by analogy with the slowed condition: if you take a move action that causes you to become slowed (e.g. entering an aura) and you have already moved more than 2 squares, your move action ends immediately.

Also, keep in mind that if you jump in the pit, you need to be trained in Acrobatics to reduce the falling damage. As amusing embarrassing as it would be to get dropped by a minion, it would be worse to die from deliberately jumping into a pit. :D

[/sblock]

thaco

First Post
Seeing the battle unfolding around him, Kryath shakes his head, thinking they really needed to have a discussion after this about tactics. He pours the liquid down the dwarf's throat and throws the empty vial to the ground. The draconic spellcaster throws a ball of ice at the warlock, but his attack misses again. He moves close to his dragonborn ally to see if there's any aid he can offer.

[sblock=ooc]
Minor: potion poured down Rocco's throat - he regains 10hp & uses 1 surge
Standard action: Dragonfrost on Myri - 1d20 4=7, 1d8 8=16 hah... no
Move: move to Q6
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]Kryath- Male Dragonborn Sorcerer 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used

Powers: Dragonfrost, Burning Spray, Dragon's Breath, Ray of the Moon, Ice Javelins[/sblock]

Remove ads