• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

modest

First Post
[D]...[/D]

[sblock=OOC] Ok, so Silphyus or Kryath are going to pick Aurak up hopefully? I can swing on Myri on my next round and make her easier to hit. Someone pick a defense to lower. Everyone hasn't acted yet I believe but a guiding strike is in order. I only have a heal skill of 1 so..lets see what happens and I can always go try to pick Aurak up too. Let me know what you guys are thinkin' - Take heart friends, the battle is far from over! -modest B-) [/sblock]

[D]...[/D]

OOC: If I can take over for today see spoiler(Neurotic is on business trip. minimum until today afternoon and I don't think he'll use his cell to post :)) PM is hard enough. I got his approval if Covaithe will allow it.

[sblock=Neurotic/Rocco actions]
Move: stand up
Minor: Draw javelin
Standard: Basic ranged with cover (1d20+5-2=6) heh, right! throw at Myri, MARK, NON-LETHAL DAMAGE

[/sblock]

THushman

First Post
OOC: With my Fate of the Void I'll have a +3 to Heal checks, so I'll try to stand Aurak rather than hit Myri.

His vigor returned, Silphyus leaps from the shrubbery and dashes over to the fallen paladin.

"Sleeping on the job, I see. Lucky for you I've read up on the ancient medical techniques of the Beth-halami'n."

Garish blue-white radiance erupts from the deva's opened hands as he places them upon the dragonborn's chest.

"Your brain may feel a slight tickle..."

Move Action: Silphyus to R9
Heal check (1d20+3=18)

OOC: I've set my hands from Kill to Defribulate.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: heal check succeeds; Aurak can spend his second wind. He heals his surge value, but doesn't get the +2 to defenses. Aurak can take actions this round. He starts prone.

CMoss

First Post
Aurak shakes his head as he looks around, the warrior is on the ground and sees Silphyus standing over him. The dragonborn stands up and sees his previous foe down on the ground. There's only one enemy left so Aurak charges towards her and slashes down on her causing a minor wound.

[sblock=Actions]
*Gah! she's 6 squares away, just out of reach of divine challenge

Move: stand
Standard: Charge Myri - 1d20 8=22, 1d8 4=6 hits for 6
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'm back. I apologize for not announcing it earlier it was kind a get-up-and-leave thing. I see MetaVoid did a 'great' job of impersonating Rocco :p

This kind of thing happens around once a month, but since this is PbP it usually doesn't affect anything, but I didn't want to keep everyone we're discussing this for a week.

CMoss, I believe it's better if you and Cyr are close to her so she cannot shift and attack and if she targets you and not Rocco she gets -2 to attack, so it's all good.

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] So has everyone acted for this round, finishing 6? is that right? covaithe, about my character sheet and ability point buys, doesn't the character creation guide say we have a 25 point buy? that's what I read or maybe I just misunderstood..need some help there, don't want to be doing what I'm not supposed to. Thanks![/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 7

Kryath forces a healing potion down Rocco's throat, and the dwarf's eyes flutter open. Kryath hauls on the dwarf, trying to help him to his feet and hurry him back into the fray, but, perhaps still confused by repeated debilitating spells, the dwarf resists the pull for a crucial moment.

Meanwhile, Cyr gathers his remaining strength and circles behind Myri, trying to cut off her escape. He waves his dagger threateningly, feeling slightly ridiculous.

Rocco's head clears, and he stands. Dropping one of his axes momentarily, he hurls a javelin towards the surviving warlock. It misses, but he draws her attention.

Silphyus moves to Aurak's side and quickly rouses him. The paladin surges to his feet and charges with a roar. Just before his blade connects, a dark surge of energy sparks from the warlock's body to his, leaving him drained and on the verge of death again. But he retains just enough strength to finish the stroke, gashing the cloaked figure again.

Ibram takes in the situation, considering his next actions...

[sblock=ooc]Kryath pours a potion down Rocco's throat, who spends a surge and heals to 10 HP. Kryath attempts to haul Rocco closer to the fight, but fails.

Cyr uses second wind, draws a dagger, and moves behind Myri. His +3 to attack on Myri expires.

Rocco stands up and throws a javelin. It misses, but he marks Myri. Rocco will need to have dropped one of his hand axes to pull this move off, so one of them is on the ground by his feet.

Silphyus moves to Aurak and succeeds at a heal check to activate his second wind.

Aurak stands and charges Myri. This triggers her Darkspiral Aura, which deals 2d6=6 necrotic and psychic damage to Aurak, leaving him with 1 left. His charge hits for 6 damage.

I got this far in the update before I realized that I don't have actions for Ibram! So I might as well go ahead and post this, but Ibram needs to go before the enemies can act.

[/sblock]

[sblock=status and initiative]

• Myri 54 damage, cursed by Silphyus, bloodied, darskpiral aura 0, marked by Rocco
  • Issa dead
  • Elalaran dead
  • Bandit 1 dead
  • Bandit 2 dead
  • Bandit 3 unharmed
  • Ibram 7/30 HP, 9/11 surges, 1 failed death save, cursed by Issa
  • Rocco 10/31 HP, 9/12 surges, cursed by Myri, 1 failed death save
  • Silphyus 18/28 HP +5 temp, 8/9 surges, cursed by Issa
  • Cyr 7/22 HP 6/7 surges, cursed by Myri, +2 def tsnt
  • Kryath 26/26 HP, 8/8 surges, cursed by Issa
  • Aurak 1/27 HP, 9/11 surges, prone, cursed by Myri

Resources Used:
  • Cyr: AP, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Blades of Astral Fire, Channel Divinity, Second Wind
  • Ibram: AP, Echoing Roar, Majestic Word x2, Thunder's calling, second wind, Dire Radiance
  • Rocco: AP, second wind
  • Myri: shadow jaunt, AP, Cursebite
  • Issa: shadow jaunt, AP, Cursebite
  • Kryath: Ice Javelins, breath weapon, Ray of the Moon
  • Aurak: Lay on Hands x2, Divine Strength, Valorous Smite, second wind
  • Silphyus: AP, second wind, vampiric embrace
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]Myri and Issa: Reflex at least 14 but no more than 16. AC <= 19.

Human bandits: AC <= 24, Reflex <= 19
[/sblock]

[sblock=map and terrain notes]
forest08.png

Squares that are more than half covered in vegetation are difficult and lightly obscured terrain. Entering such a square costs 2 squares of movement. Creatures in obscured terrain have concealment, and if there are five or more squares of obscured terrain between you and a target, that target has total concealment from you.
[/sblock]

OOC: Covenant - well I didn't know I'll be dead if I use it at the moment I announced it...since the attack I used it for was the same one that almost killed Cyr, could we say he didn't use it then, but now when she hit Aurak? It's totally fine if not, I'll probably just use another Hand of Radiance to get rid of the minion now that defenders are taking over so no great loss if I miss...will decide after Ibram acts

EDIT: didn't he drop Elalaran this round (#6)

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Covenant - well I didn't know I'll be dead if I use it at the moment I announced it...since the attack I used it for was the same one that almost killed Cyr, could we say he didn't use it then, but now when she hit Aurak? It's totally fine if not, I'll probably just use another Hand of Radiance to get rid of the minion now that defenders are taking over so no great loss if I miss...will decide after Ibram acts

ooc: Sorry, it's a bit late for that now, I think. You declared you were going to use it, so I applied it and marked the bonus in the OOC and the status blocks. You decided not to attack this round, for other reasons. That's fine, but the bonus is gone now.

EDIT: didn't he drop Elalaran this round (#6)

ooc: He did, but we're in round 7 now. Round 6 was completed in post #207.

Remove ads