[Adventure] Lost Love (DM: Velmont - Judge: Renau1g)

evilbob

Explorer
"Good."

After taking a moment to assess the druid and the others, Unit 16 puts his weapon away, turns around, and walks back to Talkrai. He bends down to eye level when he reaches her. Calmly and kindly, he addresses her in a soft voice. "No need to go away, young one. The rest of us need you here.

This is battle. Sometimes allied units fall."
With a knowing smile he adds, "But for a true friend, Death never has the final say."

Mezegis

First Post
Just make sure we’re OK! Just make sure we’re OK!? I’d be a lot more OK if you men didn’t always insist on getting into staring contests over who’s is bigger. Shaking off an examining hand, she adds, Give over I’m not that hurt. See to the changeling. Seeing some outsiders heading towards Talkrai, she rushes over to head them off. I’d leave her alone if I was you, she’s taking all this death pretty hard, and sadness turns to rage really quick.Turning toward the Druid, she asks, What do you want from us anyway?

Velmont

First Post
Rydion stare a moment at Ryda. He then whispers to her. "Hurt? You really don't know what lie in that. It's not your wounds that bother us, it is your soul! This is a Daelkyr prison, a powerful one who is renown to control mind and corrupt soul. We need to make sure he hasn't corrupted you or your friends."

As Susan turn around, the Druid tells. "Wait a minute, we need to make a quick check on you to make sure you are okay. Even your kind are not immune, warforged." He walks to Susan and tell him "I'll cast a quick, nothing harmful, nor intrusive, just to make sure your soul haven't been touch. If you are clean, you'll be free to watch over your friend."

Mezegis

First Post
Woah, No one is casting spells on me. We didn't even get past the guardians, so no worries about us getting tagged with some evil corruption death spell. Ryda says, shooing away anyone who tries to cast on her.

Velmont

First Post
"The ward is weakening... why do you think the last owner killed himself. Over 10 person kill themselves in the last decades, in the manor... two hours ride from here!" whispers Rydion. "It's just a detection spell. And if you don't willingly let him doing it," he continue, pointing the druid "he will force you... he is stubborn, lack tact, and might have some misconception, but he is the right guy to rebuild the ward. Anyway, it is also the quickest way for you to get out of here."

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Generally, Unit 16 will neither permit nor resist such an action. In effect, he doesn't really care.

If they cast something on him he won't stop it.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Jarren gives a rueful shrug. "I've no objections to a detection spell, if that's all it is. The quicker we can do away with this nonsense, the better."

He looks over at Talkrai with some concern, half-wondering whether he should be seeing a connection between her dramatic response to Pis's death and the confirmation of his own suspicions regarding the nature of this place as a Daelkyr prison. But then again, her state is nothing that Jarren hasn't seen before in new recruits upon their first experience of combat. It strikes him, though, that she seemed far too handy with that sword of hers to be that green - not to mention that she was comfortable enough killing others. Could this hysteria be the product of some insidious outside influence? He's far from convinced, but the matter bears some thought. Inwardly he considers that this detection magic, if it's effective, might not be a bad idea.

evilbob

Explorer
Sensing some interest in the eloquence of someone so unused to conversation, Unit 16 elaborates, "I confess those words are not my own. I overheard a human captain tell another human solider that on a battlefield once. I have long contemplated its meaning."

Seeing Talkrai's questioning look, Unit 16 looks her straight in the eye.

"'Fate' is an excuse for the ill-prepared."

And with that, Unit 16 rises and heads back down toward the cave. "I will return with Jasper," he calls over his shoulder.

[sblock=ooc]Unless otherwise ambushed, Unit 16 will go back to the scene of the battle, search the bodies, kick the bad guys' bodies into the river, and then pick up Jasper and the murdered worker and put them over each shoulder and walk back to the surface.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
Talkrai, hearing Susan's say she is needed, turns her head to look at her. Her eyes are swollen nearly shut from tears and there are bloody streaks on her face where the tears washed the blood away. She still seems only mildly aware of her surroundings.

As the strangers approach her, she scrambles backwards, getting as far away from them as she can. Her eyes do not leave them. She is still sitting, and her sword is still in her hand, but it is not held in a threatening manner.

[sblock=ooc]Again, please let me know if there is any sign that there is any sort of spell being cast on Talkrai.[/sblock]

Remove ads