• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian 3

In the same movement as Julia, Razh's hand axe is pulled back as the stocky dwarf prepares to launch the blade into the air. His only-sometimes-deaf ears hear Ogrin's good advice, however, and he simply dashes after Krafia. Despite his short legs and his heavy load of gear, Razh scuttles along at a rather impressive speed.

OOC: 30' base speed, run x4.

Manzanita

First Post
OK, Vargo hasn't posted since I took over on 09/06. I'm going to drop you, Vargo, unless you tell me otherwise. meanwhile I'll NPC him. (& Almayce)

Almayce and Vargo have lagged behind the others. Their attention distracted by some odd-looking dogs, or perhaps a pretty face.

Hallidor and Razh charge after the fleeing Krafia. Ogrin calms Juliana and starts talking to the people in the market.

People seem concerned with developments and shy away from the friendly halfling. One man, tall and wearing a sword at his belt, does approach. "What's going on. Who are you?"

Meanwhile Hallidor is left behind, unable to keep up with the unarmored Krafia.

Razh:
Razh finds himself gaining ground, however, as Krafia can't keep up his sprint very long. He's pale, and probably spends much of his time behind a desk. Still his run takes him out of the market and basically out of the town, as it is a very small town. He charges into a field, perhaps making for a haystack, but glancing over his shoulder, trips and goes flying. Razh catches up, and the prone Krafia pulls out a knife. "Stay away! I've done nothing!" he shouts.

Vargo

First Post
OOC: Sorry guys, but my life has gotten VERY complicated. I keep telling myself, "self, you've got to take the time to get caught up and start posting again," but it's not happening.

I wish I could continue, but it's not possible at this time.

Bront

The man with the probe
"We're looking into an important matter for someone," Juliana says. "We did not intend to cause a comotion."

Manzanita

First Post
Vargo wanders up holding a small, curly haired dog.

"Amazing, amazing," he mutters. Seeing the others, he raises his head. "I simply must return to my home. This dog is solid gold, I'll tell you! I trust you can handle this issue here with Hallidor. Give my regards when you see him!"

With that, he and Huln depart.

Vargo
[sblock] Good luck sorting everything out. Don't forget to post Vargo's XP awards - he's gained 2nd level. Feel free to return him to the Red Dragon Inn when you can.[/sblock]

"An important matter, eh?" The tall man contemplates the company. A merchant approaches.

"They came with Hallidor. They're chasing poor Krafia!"

"Now listen here" the tall man continues. "If you've got problems with someone around here, you need to settle it through the town counsel. Can't have that troublemaker Hallidor taking the law into his own hands with a group of mercenaries."

Bront

The man with the probe
"I'm sorry to hear that the murder of his sister is causing trouble in the town," Juliana says. "Asking questions of people is certaintly allowed here, is it not?"

Xael

First Post
"We just wanted to ask a few questions from Krafia, but he certainly doesn't seem very interested in even listening to them. The dwarf won't hurt him." *I hope.* "Is there a reason why you called Hallidor a troublemaker?", Almayce says while turning towards the tall man.

OOC: Sorry. Almayce doesn't really have anything to help with catching Krafia. I was planning to memorize Command, but forgot. :heh: EDIT: Oh, I had memorized Command. Oops. Oh well, no sense in wasting it on something this trivial... :eek:

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Now confronting his foe face to face, Razh glances at Krafia's little knife and grins widely, his toothy grin exuding (well-placed?) confidence. "Ho ho ho..." He chuckles. "Ye want t'play with knives, me boy? Ah got two big knives right 'ere." He pats his axes with his thick hands. "Nah, as Ah un'nerstan' things, me friends jus' want t'ask ye a few questions s'all. A girl's dead, an' ye know somethin', else why'd ye go runnin'? Nah! Ah'm not the brains o' this dealie, so Ah won' be makin' any 'ssumptions o' me own. But why don't ye put yer knife away, that way you an' Ah'll walk back t'the village nice an' slow an' we'll have a li'l chat. Or, if ye like, Ah can knock ye down an' drag ye back. Either way, ye're comin' with me. Yer choice, mate."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads