• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) M1: Goblin Ears and the MTG (dpdx judging) COMPLETED

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yes I think that sleep is a good idea for now and a couple of days outside the city would be great for my constitution I think." Tenebrynn says.

orsal

LEW Judge
Once the four of them are inside the warehouse and Kim is gone, Nurlan pulls some trail rations from his pack. "If you're as hungry as I am, help yourself. Only had one meal today, and I don't think any of us ought to go out for dinner right now, so let's eat. We can buy some more tomorrow morning for the road." He has enough for three human-days.

Manzanita

First Post
The guard captain looks impatiently at Kim Tensil as he confirs with the party and Botha. Kim sighs. "Listen. One last thing. I know you are an intrepid little band. But I think we've all heard stories of those goblins ambushing soldiers who penetrate too far into those hills. Perhaps you could recruit some trustworthy assistance back in Orussus. Some big chaps with axes and some of those sneaky halflings, perhaps, to round out your group."

"I suspect you have something of personal vendetta now against that Jezibel woman, if she's still alive. I would request that you not kill her, but bring her here to me, or to Botha and Grod if I am still detained. With her in custody we'd be a long way to proving my innocence. If you can bring her back here or provide other evidence that the goblins were responsible for the theft of the King's silver, I'll pay you 1000 gps. And don't forget all those goblin ears you'd surely come back with if you are successful. Worth more than their weight in gold, those are. Perhaps that enticement will help you recruit some aid. For what it's worth, there's probably a good deal of treasure in the goblin lair, if there is such a place. They've been quite sucessful in their raiding. And I believe you'd be entitled to keep it if you 'liberate' it youselves."

"It sounds like you may help me further. If you do, I won't be one to forget. And I am not without allies myself. In any case, thanks for what you've done so far and good luck. If you're willing to help, let Botha know in the morning, and he will provide you with what we can." He meets Botha's eyes at this last statement and nods.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
The guard captain looks impatiently at Kim Tensil as he confirs with the party and Botha. Kim sighs. "Listen. One last thing. I know you are an intrepid little band. But I think we've all heard stories of those goblins ambushing soldiers who penetrate too far into those hills. Perhaps you could recruit some trustworthy assistance back in Orussus. Some big chaps with axes and some of those sneaky halflings, perhaps, to round out your group."

Nurlan nods. "A good idea. We'll discuss it in the morning. Keep hope, Kim, and Grendath willing, you will prevail."

OOC: I'm thinking a watch schedule along the lines of: Nurlan stays up the first four hours, then Charlarn three hours, then Irene and Tenebrynn split five hours. That way, everyone either has eight hours uninterrupted or nine hours with one interruption, we can all refresh our spells, and our most injured members get a little extra rest.

Manzanita

First Post
The night passes uneventfully. Botha seems distracted and somewhat depressed, and the otherworkers quickly become disspirited as they learn the news. No one pays much attention to the party.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

In the morning, Charlarn prays to the Searcher to regain his spells.

0–light, cure minor wounds (2);
1–cure light wounds (2), sanctuary*.

He'll use one cure light wounds each on Irene and Tenebrynn. (Right?)

0–light, cure minor wounds (2);
1–cure light wounds (2), sanctuary*.

While eating breakfast (he has 2 days worth of trail rations, too, if anyone wants to share), he syas, "Should we scout around the area some before we get some help from Orussus? We'll need some strong warriors to aid us, especially if the watch has trouble with the goblins."

orsal

LEW Judge
As he sits awake during his watch shift, Nurlan has a flashback to the party's first meeting with Jezibel.

From under the canvas, a young woman emerges. She wears a plain brown dress, and has long auburn hair pulled neatly back in a pony tail. She clutches a backpack tightly with trembling, freckled hands. "You ain't gonna hurt me none, is you?" She asks, tears dripping from her eyes. "I aint' got much; everything I's own is in this backpack."

In the morning, after everyone is awake, he remarks, "The more I think about it, the more convinced I am Jezibel is in with the goblins. Do you remember when we first met her? She was scared of us. Not like we had just killed her captors, more like we had just killed her associates. Only after we spoke to her, and she realized we took her for a prisoner, did she start acting like we had just freed her. That might also explain her apparent ingratitude."

Steve Jung said:
While eating breakfast (he has 2 days worth of trail rations, too, if anyone wants to share), he syas, "Should we scout around the area some before we get some help from Orussus? We'll need some strong warriors to aid us, especially if the watch has trouble with the goblins."

"That's an idea. As long as we don't get too close to their headquarters, any goblin patrols we encounter are likely to be about the strength of that first group we killed -- we can handle them, or at least one of them. We might learn a little more. Then we can head back to Orussus, tell our story at the Red Dragon Inn and see if we can interest anyone in joining us.

"And meanwhile, we ought to talk more about what we all learned yesterday. Irene, you said you heard Jezibel say something about `taking care of' Kim Tensil. Did you overhear anything more that might give us a clue about who we're up against? And did she have any friends and associates, besides this half-orc, that you might now be able to recognize?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Okay I guess we can try to scout out some of the area, but lets not get in too much over our heads again yesterday hurt. We certainly do need some more muscle if we are going to try to take on these well equipped goblins in their lair." Tenebrynn says, nursing the wounds he received in the many battles of the day before.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

Charlarn thinks about what was said. "You might have a point, Nurlan. We assumed Jezibel was a victim of the goblin ambush, but she may have been the leader. She then took the chance to be what we thought she was, to learn what she could.

He gives a rueful grin, "Don't worry. I wasn't planning on walking up to the front door of the goblin lair. I just what to learn more about what is out there."

Manzanita

First Post
Looks like the group plans to do a bit of scouting. Where do you plan to go and do you request any equipment from Botha before you leave?

Remove ads