[Adventure]: Murder at Midnight (DM: renau1g, Judge Ozy)

CaBaNa

First Post
"Yes, of course. Let's not get distracted. I assume we'll be leaving with the morning tide - that gives us this evening to prepare. I'll prepare a horoscope for our vessel and our party. Gil, why don't you see what the IAC library says about lycanthropes."

Right! chirps Gil, Will that be under "were" or "lycan"? Gil bites his pencil, I'll just check both.

The scholar stands toward the back of the room as others take their exit, waiting for his chance to speak with Veruzak alone.

[sblock=Private Conversation]

I think it best for our reputation if we take care of the problem, regardless of the murderers identity. smiles Gil, like he has stumbled onto some innate truth. Might make up for the recent destruction...

Unless Veruzak has anything more to share, Gil takes his leave, attempting to catch up to 7 Rabbit or Papolstaanas; whichever comes into view first.

[/sblock]

OOC: Nice to see the horrible fall is still making regular trips.

Velmont

First Post
"Perfect. I'll head to the ship now." tells Eloan to the group. "I'll wait you there. I just start to be sick of being in Daunton."

renau1g

First Post
The Horrible Fall and Captain Dunamin

The group travels to Daunton's docks, the hustle and bustle is evident. Sea birds circle lazily overhead, looking for an easy meal, or hoping one careless seaman drops a crate of fish. Various goblinoids, humans and half-orcs are milling about loading or unloading ships, jostling for position in the busy docks, or keeping a predatory eye for the unwary. Seeing a fully armed and capable looking group of adventurer's these ne'er do wells give you a wide berth.

You get some directions from a goblin child in exchange for a handful of copper pieces and find your way to the vessel known as The Horrible Fall, painted in white lettering on the prow of the ship. A man is waiting at the gangplank and watches you approach.

"Welcome to the Horrible Fall, in case yer wonderin' the bad name is keepin' away the bad luck, always the first question people ask. So yer heading over the Isle of Opposition? Welcome aboard, I'm Captain Dunamin. Got everything you need?" the man says, gesturing to his ship.

ClintmireJuBimern.jpg

[sblock=OOC]
Ok, if you're buying anything please confirm now and mark on your CS . I'll post another update probably this afternoon[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Away for the weekend]
I'll be on vacation with no computer access until Tuesday.

Not booted to Windows right now so I can't look anything up in the CB. I will probably buy some consumables: I'll look them up and post my shopping as soon as I get back, if that's ok.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] @renau1g , now that I think about it, do we need someone to succeed a knowledge check to know to use silver against a lycanthrope? Would Tristan's check have sufficed?

I was about to say I went and bought some alchemical silver, but if we don't know in character that they're vulnerable to silver then I probably shouldn't.

Edit: For now, I'll say I've bought two flasks of alchemical silver and a healing potion. If you decide we don't know to use silver, I'll retcon that.[/sblock]
After purchasing a few items, Tristan makes his way to the dock with the rest of the party. He nods to the Captain as he boards the ship, deciding he doesn't have anything to say.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
OOC: Your knowledge check would've given you that info. You know that lycans have extremely fast regenerative abilities and that weapons coated with silver prevent the wounds from healing

[sblock=Alchemical Silver]
In case you don't have the adventurer's Vault or DDI:

Alchemical SilverLevel 5+ Uncommon
This shimmering liquid clings to a weapon, giving it the appearance of brightly polished silver.
Lvl 5 50 gp Lvl 25 25,000 gp
Lvl 15 1,000 gp
Alchemical Item: OilFormula Cost: 200 gp
Key Skill: Nature or Religion or ThieveryTime: 15 minutes
Power Consumable (Standard Action)
Your weapon or one group of ammunition (30 arrows, 10 crossbow bolts, 20 sling bullets, or 5 shuriken) attacks as a silvered weapon until the end of the encounter or for the next 5 minutes. Alchemical silver can be applied to nonmagical weapons and to magic weapons of 14th level or lower.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=purchases]Same deal as with Tristan--if we don't know that silver is good against lycanthropes then Papolstaanas won't buy any.

Papolstaanas buys one dose of alchemical silver and one healing potion (total 100 gp).[/sblock]
"The moon was nearly full yesterday," Papolstaanas says worriedly to Tristan in the alchemist's shop. "We won't have much time, will we?"

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Purchases]Cool. Two flasks of alchemical silver and one healing potion, then.

I should've asked a little sooner so Tristan could inform everyone in-character, but since we're sort of past that point assume that he did. Again, if anyone would think to buy some shackles to restrain Vilk, they would probably be good to have.

Now r1, before you make Tristan eat his words, remember that he's already died once. We don't need to subject him to that again, do we? :angel:[/sblock]
"It appears not," Tristan replies, "but we need not worry. Dayna's power is greatest during the full moon as well."

The elf gazes at the horizon as they walk to the ship. "The hunt begins, and in earnest. We will teach this beast what it is to be the prey. May Dayna smile on us," he says, his voice huskier than normal. Another grin spreads across his face, and this one does not look friendly. Not at all.

Last edited:

Remove ads