[Adventure]: Murder at Midnight (DM: renau1g, Judge Ozy)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Never thought about it. Eloan will buy two sets of Cold Iron Shackles. I would like to have one adamantine, but that starts to cost too much. That's 60 gp.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Finally I won't. It's too heavy. That's the price of this concept. An heavy armor, a longsword, an heavy shield and a Str8 and you have already 64 out of 80 lbs taken in your carrying capacity. I can't even carry an adventurer's kit over that.

A Bag of Holding and an Handy Haversack in my wishlist I think.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'm racking my brain to figure out the twist here. What creature fits this setup perfectly, but isn't actually a werewolf so it'll be immune to all our preparations?
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"May Dayna smile upon us," Papolstaanas echoes cheerfully as they approach the Horrible Fall. (The statement clearly doesn't mean as much to him as it does to Tristan: he seems to be saying it mostly to be companionable.)

[sblock=ooc]Maybe it's just someone in a tacky wolf suit. In any case, I'm willing to be surprised.

Papolstaanas might need a bag of holding or handy haversack too--he's Str 12, but he's carrying a lot of silly crap.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Maybe it's just someone in a tacky wolf suit. In any case, I'm willing to be surprised.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Alright, Alright, I'll reveal the BBEG:
[sblock=Image]
l.jpg
[/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: now in all seriousness....

The large party finished their purchases and boarded the ship, some finding the name in poor taste, but their benefactor had hired this ship, so with little other options and time against them, they set-off.

As they travel, the gregarious Captain speaks to the adventurers as they travel, "I sure hope this works out better than the last time I agreed to transport a group of sellswords like yourselves. A group of sahaguin ambushed us at night. Good thing I had them aboard though I'd have ended up on the end of a trident. Ah well, let's just hope we don't run into anything" Dunamin says ominously.

Despite the group's trepidation with sea travel (tales abound in the Hanged Man of the dangers of sea travel, it is a veritable death trap aboard a ship), amazingly the ship reaches the Isle of Opposition without a hitch, although it takes longer than expected. Perhaps there was a subtle shifting in the island, or the Captain took a longer and safer route, but regardless, the moon is up as the party arrives in Fulcrum, a sliver of darkness is visible in the orb, but it hangs balefully in the sky. You see an excited young man straining for a view from behind rows of dull, bored, grey-clad dock workers of Fulcrum's modest harbour. His face beams with equal parts excitement and relief as the gangplank drops. Captain Dunamin smiles widely as you depart the ship.

"See, toldja that the name helped against bad luck" he says with a wink.

After you touch solid ground, the younger man rushes up to you, well rushes as best he can, as despite his youth, the man approaches with a limp in his left leg. "Well met. Thank you for coming so quickly! I am Ryado Erudyta." the man says. “I have a coach waiting to take us back to the safe house. We can speak more freely away from these crowds.”

[sblock=ooc]
I just realized nobody asked Veruzak for any gold to complete this task.... sweet......:devil:[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=before departing...]Gil bounces happily as he approaches the boat, late. In his hand is a rather large tome, bookmarks jutting out from many differing directions and in the other, his prized first orb. When he joins the others Gil begins to excitedly reference his new book So long as we bring this back undamaged, we can keep it as long as we need, it has all kinds of information about lycanthropy.

OOC: Gil makes a knowledge check for research at the library and crits. :devil:r1:devil: busts out in laughter as I waste the nat 20 on a knowledge check that has nothing to do with the bbeg. Should have hit refresh...

[/sblock]

Actually, would you mind terribly if we eat first? asks Gil Or will there be food there? I just think it is going to be a long evening... Gil looks up as he says the last few words.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=ooc]
I just realized nobody asked Veruzak for any gold to complete this task.... sweet......:devil:[/sblock]

:hmm: We'll just take whatever we need from Gil and in turn he will get the money from IAC. It will all work out. Or Gil will be toast ;)

Mewness

First Post
"But the moon is out already," says Papolstaanas, sounding a little worried. "We'd best get started as quickly as possible. Hadn't we? I--I have some food in my pack, if you're hungry." He digs into his pack and offers Gil some cheese and dried fruit.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Illarion answers to Papolstaanas in hushed tones
"We can expect another murder tonight, but not that we will be close. That would take luck we cannot expect. Maybe your patron"...Illarion turns toward Tristan "...could guide us?

If the murders are always in the city, I can go and check things out for a bit. Lone blind elf is harmless and hears plenty what otherwise wouldn't be said."

Remove ads