(Adventure) Of eggs and desires [GnomeWorks judging]

fuzzy

First Post
What in the world do you think your doing?! Rika fires her bow at the man,
then drops it and moves towards the man while drawing her rapier.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf Kinkaid

Hearing the snap of Rika's bowstring, Ironwolf's attention is drawn to the stranger. Not knowing how the stranger incited Rika's attack, Ironwolf grimly draws his blade and runs toward Rika, in case his companion needs help.

Edit: OOC: Actually, I don't have a +1 BAB yet, so I can't draw as part of a move action. (Right?) Dropping the apple, Ironwolf draws his Falchion and takes a single move action toward Rika.

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin, having no desire to be run over, quickly moves to the side of the road.

"Let him go, Rika. I'm sure we'll be seeing him again soon enough."

GPEKO

First Post
Devlin moves aside, letting the stranger go. Rika, however, takes offense that this man would try to run over one of her companion. In one swift action, she pulls the arrow on her bow and releases it. The shot flies true but it's deflected by the half-elf studded leather armor. [OOC: attack roll: 8+5-4(range)+2(Rika is 'invisible')=11 (miss)] She then drops her bow and runs forward, drawing her rapier at the same time. Devlin tells her to let him go and she realizes she’ll never catch the swift horse on foot. The stranger disappears behind the cloud of dust lifted by his own mount. A few seconds later, Ironwolf joins the pair, his falchion drawn and puffing momentary after the short run.

Meanwhile, Planus has arrived at the top of the ridge. While he can see the flight of the half-elf from his companions, he also sees that Sturm’s horse is still running. In fact, it seems to be heading for a small wood to the north-east.

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf Kinkaid, Human Psychic Warrior

Ironwolf direct a thought to his psicrystal, asking it where his horse is, whether its calming down, and generally whats going on.

"We should all work together to get those horses back as soon as possible. This could get expensive! I knew I didn't like the idea of riding on large quantities of someone else's money. Are any of you particularly good with animals generally or horses specifically?"

fuzzy

First Post
Too bad we couldn't stop that guy. I have a bad feeling about this trip. We need to get the horses now. I dont have much in the way of animal skills, but I can try to help. Which horses are tied up or otherwise controled?

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus shouts back to Sturm, "Sturm, your horse is heading into that wood. Mount up and help me get it before it gets lost in the wood!" With that, he rides as quickly as possible toward Sturm's horse (the one he rode , not the one he's holding).

OOC: tsk, tsk, Planus sure is reckless.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Sighing, Sturm climbs up atop Rika's horse -- never a pretty sight -- and heads off toward the sound of Planus' voice.

"Vexin' cowardly 'ound! When I find 'at beast, words'll be had, no doubtin' it."

GPEKO

First Post
Sturm mounts Rika's horse and starts off after Planus and his own horse. While the light horse the Raddanors gave them are quick, the big armored dwarf weights it down and Sturm can't go quite as fast as Planus. Indeed, the slender elf pushes his steed to full speed and almost catches the fleeing horse. However, it still reaches the small wood first. Planus follows it in but he quickly loses sight of his target. As he ponders what to do next, a tall elven woman with silver hair steps out of the underbush. She wears a hide armor and a long cloak seemingly made of interwoven silver leaves. Following her is Sturm's horse. The horse seems completely calm and obedient. "Is this young mare yours?" She asks in elven, with a voice that seems to originate not only from her mouth but also from the surrounding trees.

Meanwhile, Devlin, Rika and Ironwolf recover the psionic warrior's mount without much problem.

Remove ads