Adventure Path - The Shackled City

shilsen

Adventurer
Philip scratches his head for a moment, casting his mind back over previous riddles and scraps of lore he has encountered which may help with this one*.

"I think you are probably right about the first line, Aleria," he comments slowly, sounding more serious than usual. "Perhaps the second line refers to a secret or hidden doorway of some kind. I wonder if the word "cauldron" refers to the city itself and the area below it, or if it is something more mundane, like a kitchen or something like that."

Concentrating as he works down the lines of the divination, Philip's voice drops to a musing tone. "Doors with teeth may refer to some strange monster - or perhaps a portcullis? And malachite is simply a green metal ore, so that doesn't help much. Precious life bought with gold? Perhaps there will be someone to bribe, or gold is used more metaphorically, such as the gold of the sun. And half a dwarf? Maybe a creature descended formed from a dwarf and a member of another race? Or a monster which is half-dwarf, like a centaur is half-horse and half-human?"

Pausing, he looks at the others, and his familiar roguish smile returns to his face as his brow unfurrows. "There - have I confused everyone yet?"

*OOC: Using Bardic knowledge (+3)

shilsen

Adventurer
Philip lifts an eyebrow at Thurgosh's comment and then grins. "Hey! No fair!" he says, his apparently serious tone belied by the mischievious look on his face. "I just suggested a portcullis. I'm shocked that a priest would try to steal someone else's ideas - shocked, I tell you!"

Ry

Explorer
(Kalte's low grumbles bounce off the walls and tumble over to the rest of the party) "green... 'alachite's green... like copp'r... an' gold... gold... mebbe... slave market... for n'crom'ncers... uuughhh" (the barbarian's back gives a small shudder).

Last edited:

jpwic

First Post
"Ooiops, sorry about that,, I was lost in my thoughts."

OOC Ack, thats what happens when you just skim over other peoples posts:)

shilsen

Adventurer
jpwic said:
"Ooiops, sorry about that,, I was lost in my thoughts."

OOC Ack, thats what happens when you just skim over other peoples posts:)
OOC: But it's way more fun when that happens - esp. since it gives Philip a chance to be even more of a jackass than he generally is :)

Mimic

First Post
"We could discuss this all night and still be no closer to solving the riddle, perhaps we should all get a good nights sleep and check out the orphange in the morning." Aleria tells the group quietly.

If the church is willing to put us up for the night she will accept it if not go to the closest inn and purchase a room.

Dragon-Slayer

First Post
OOC: Hey everyone, just a quick note. I have had a busy couple of days and I am almost out the door again, but I am trying not to leave you hanging. When I get back in this evening I plan on getting everyone sorted out (putting the gnome on hold and introducing Badger's character) as well as getting on with the adventure. I hope to hit it fairly consistently from this evening on.

Remove ads