Adventure Path - The Shackled City

Dragon-Slayer

First Post
If he doesn't make it back, I will give DMing it a try, I have all of the Dungeon magazines containing this campaign, I just haven't read the campaign. If sebastiono doesn't post in a few days, I will at least give it a try in the interim, hoping he shows up and giving the game a chance.

Mimic

First Post
Sounds good to me, here is hoping he comes back though... I was starting to think my character was a jink or something.

Dragon-Slayer

First Post
I am going to go ahead and read through the adventure tonight. The fifth player that applied in the original thread can come in as the alternate. This would be rangerjohn's friend, if that player is out, then Eonthar.

Dragon-Slayer

First Post
"Splendid," Jenya says,"I am very pleased that you have decided to help. You will need to investigate the Lantern Street Orphanage, where the children have been abducted from. Three nights ago four children were taken from the orphanage and they were just the last taken in a bizarre string of disappearances and robberies. One of the most disturbing facets of this mystery is that the orphanage has not only strongly barred windows for the children's protection, but extremely good locks of excellent quality."

Ruphus steps into the room, bearing a piece of paper, looking much better than he was when you brought him here. "The have accepted the charge to help us?", he asks Jenya.

"Thankfully yes," Jenya replies, extending her hand to take the paper from the young cleric.

"Through divination I have received this cryptic message regarding the whereabouts of the missing orphans. It reads:

The locks are key to finding them.
Look beyond the curtain, below the cauldron.
But beware the doors with teeth.
Descend into the malachite hold.
Where precious life is bought with gold.
Half a dwarf binds them, but not for long.

This message is most mysterious, and we need your help in unraveling the riddle. The Church of St Cuthbert has vowed to find these children and put an end to this. I suggest you begin at the orphanage in your hunt for clues and an answer to this." She hands the paper to Philip for safekeeping.

Jenya regards each of you, smiling gently. "This is a very noble effort you are about to embark upon, and all of Cauldron will appreciate an end to this nightmare. Rest well and tomorrow you may set out for the orphanage."

Ry

Explorer
"Alright. By morning, I'll be ready to break some people. You guys work on the solving end." Kalte then immediately lays down on the temple's stone floor, with his sack underneath his head. He may already be asleep, but it's difficult to tell.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Aleria studies the message that Jenya had gotten, she wasn't very good at riddles but they always annoyed her until she could solve it.

"Can anyone figure out what the riddle means?" she asks quietly keeping her voice low so she doesn't disturb Kalte's sleep.

The first line is pretty straightforward I would think, locks and keys, when we go to the orphanage we will have to pay special attention to the locks. See who has keys to them.

"Below the cauldron... could it mean the city its self? That they are underground? Although I have no idea what it means by doors with teeth? Why would a door have teeth?"

"Half a dwarf binds them... How do you get half a dwarf? Undead? Or like half-elves?"

Remove ads