Adventure Path - The Shackled City

Sebastian O

First Post
rycanada said:
Kalte: "If you'll need a strong arm, I'll hear you out. Oh, and if you're a healer, I've got a strong arm that could use a bit of help." (indicating his arm)

Jenya moves over to look at Kalte's arm. "Mmm, yes, let's do take care of that." She lays her hand on the barbarian's arm, and with a quick prayer to St. Cuthbert, the wound disappears.

[CLW, 2 hp healed]

Sebastian O

First Post
The Mission

[OOC: I know we don't have Aleria's acceptance of the charge, yet, but I'm moving forward under the assumption that she also is interested. Mimic, feel free to retro-post as needed.]

Jenya nods as the group assents to stay and listen to her offer. She appears to be relieved, as though a weight has lifted from her shoulders.

Dragon-Slayer said:
Demetrius: he gnome looks towards the ceiling, slowly scratching his short beard as if in contemplation, then adds, "There is a bit of a reward in the proposition of yours?"

"There is indeed, as you will hear. You have likely heard that these have been troubled times for our city of late. Mysterious disappearances have been occurring, and the people are getting restless about the inability of the authorities to find anything out. This has been bad enough, but three nights ago, four children disappeared from the Lantern Street orphanage. This has taken an already serious problem to a new level of villainy." Anger burns in the short woman's eyes as she speaks. "In light of this development, I felt that our church could not sit idly by any longer, and we publicly pledged to do all we could to locate the missing children. This is why Ruphus visited the orphanage on his mission of mercy tonight. Obviously, someone is displeased that the temple has gotten involved, and they wanted to send us a message. Well, the message has been well received, but it has only strengthened my resolve to bring these kidnappers to justice. I need your help to find the missing townsfolk, the children especially, and punish those responsible for these crimes. I will offer as reward money 2500 gold pieces for your aid. What say you?"

[OOC: Feel free to ask questions of Jenya at this time.]

Ry

Explorer
Kalte grins. "I don't know much about trackin' 'em down, but ... fight child snatchers for money? I can't see a downside. As far as tracking them down, though... what do you think, Phil? You seem pretty chatty."

Before anyone else replies, Kalte turns back to the priestess, and adds: "But we'd have to know you'd bail us out from the guards, if we needed it. I think we'll make a ruckus - even just the dwarf and me."

shilsen

Adventurer
rycanada said:
Kalte grins. "I don't know much about trackin' 'em down, but ... fight child snatchers for money? I can't see a downside. As far as tracking them down, though... what do you think, Phil? You seem pretty chatty."

Philip lifts an eyebrow at the dimunitive form of his name, but doesn't comment on it. Instead, he smiles back at Kalte and replies, "Sure - I'll help as much as I can. Might be interesting, and I could use the money." Apparently as an afterthought, he says, "And anyone kidnapping children can't be doing it for fun reasons, in my estimation." Probably reasons it's better not to mention, he thinks to himself, wincing inwardly at some of the possibilities that come to mind.

Turning to Jenya, he waits till Kalte finishes addressing her and says, "Since Ruphus has been to the orphanage, any information he - or anyone else - can give us about the place and the kidnappings would be useful. Actually, any and all information that you can give us. Names, locations - anything at all." Pausing for a moment in thought, he continues, "And whatever you can tell us about this Last Laugh gang. I doubt they were bothering Ruphus about the visit because they didn't like his face."

Mimic

First Post
Sebastian O said:
[OOC: I know we don't have Aleria's acceptance of the charge, yet, but I'm moving forward under the assumption that she also is interested. Mimic, feel free to retro-post as needed.]

ooc: Sorry for the delay, Real life commitments has kept me away from the computer for the last little while

Smiling, she thanks Philip for drying her clothes and hair...

Listening to the high priestess Aleria gives out a small gasp of disbelief that someone would actually kidnap orphans...

"Of course I will help you priestess. I agree with Philip, any information that Ruphus can supply use would be greatly appreciated."

Ry

Explorer
[OOC: Sense motive +0 to see if Kalte picks up on Philip's annoyance at the shortened name] "How about you, gnome? You could be a help ... uh ... finding ... criminals." (Kalte gives a small, deliberate cough.)

Dragon-Slayer

First Post
"Finding criminals, you say?," Demetrius says with a cocked eyebrow, "I suppose I could try to spot a few scoundrels and ruffians, not like I have a special eye for that sort of thing, you understand, but I would be willing to give it a try. It would be handy to know what sort of thieve's guild or guilds are operating here. I wouldn't want my poking about to get us all in a sticky situation. Hopefully Ruphus can lead us in the proper direction. I am willing to throw in my lot to help bring these miscreants to justice. And as long as I don't have to shave my beard off and act as a decoy, I am all for whatever plan we can concoct."

shilsen

Adventurer
rycanada said:
[OOC: Sense motive +0 to see if Kalte picks up on Philip's annoyance at the shortened name]

OOC: I guess I wasn't clear there - Philip isn't annoyed; he's just not used to being called by the short form of his name. Now if Kalte starts calling him Pip, then there might be trouble :D

Ry

Explorer
[OOC: Kalte was really going to continue using the shortform regardless of the outcome of the roll... :D ... He can't remember Demetrius' name, though, so he hasn't figured out how he's going to maul it. OOC Lament: Oh, had I only pushed down the wisdom to get a 12 int!]...

jpwic

First Post
"Sounds like a worthy cause, as I said before I will help in any possible way that I can." Thurgosh affirms.

OOC Sorry for not answering earlier my net connection has been really messed up this weekend

Remove ads