Adventure Path - The Shackled City

Dragon-Slayer

First Post
Demetrius walks over to the large fireplace and warms himself. Turning,with his back to the fireplace, a twinkling in his eye, he casts Prestidigitation [gnome spell-like ability] on himself quietly as well, smiling at Philip as he silently cleans and dries himself.

"Certainly is nice to be inside where it is warm and dry after all that ruckus. The guards did take it much better than I thought they would, much to my surprise, this church does pack a bit of clout in the odd city of Cauldron. I do wonder, however, if this beneficient temple has spirits a bit stronger than tea to warm the soul. Has anyone heard of these Last Laugh blighters, and what they may be up to? Sounds more than a little frightening to have a gang like that roaming the streets."

edit: seperated my paragraph a little better.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Aleria watches Philip dry himself with a sigh, "I am going to have to learn how to do that." She thinks as she sits down close to the fire and starts to dry herself off, paying particular attention to her hair.

"I just got to the city as well," she says eyeing the human suspiciously. "I don't know how long I will be staying. I'm... looking for someone..."

Philip said:
Looking a little more closely at Kalte, he says, "By the way, don't you think you should get that cut on your arm looked at? I assume it's painful, even for one as obviously strong as yourself."

Thankfull that the topic has been changed Aleria adds in. "Well we are in a church perhaps one of the clerics can help, its the least they can do for us saving one of their own."

shilsen

Adventurer
Mimic said:
Aleria watches Philip dry himself with a sigh, "I am going to have to learn how to do that." She thinks as she sits down close to the fire and starts to dry herself off, paying particular attention to her hair.

As soon as Aleria begins to dry herself, Philip gives a very obvious start and says, "Oh my goodness - how ungentlemanly of me! If I may assist..." Even though he does not make a move, she immediately begins to feel the somewhat strange sensation of her clothing and hair quickly drying itself. "Prestidigitation - don't leave home without it," comments Philip, with a wink to Demetrius, who he can see has the same ability.

Latching onto the gnome's last statement, Philip continues, "Perhaps we'll find out more about these Last Laugh jokers when Ruphus returns." Then his face turns a little serious, and he says, "Hopefully they aren't too powerful, since otherwise we may have made some enemies with our actions tonight." Then his face brightens and he intones in intentionally mock-epic tones, "Though if we have, there might be a bounty out on them, which could be gained by heroes brave enough to bring them to justice. Heroes mighty in thew and holiness," his eyes flicker to Kalte and Thurgosh, and then his tone takes on a tone of self-mockery, "And those like me, who watch their backs and applaud them, of course." Who knows?, he thinks to himself, That might actually be the case.

Sebastian O

First Post
Character Sheets Update

OOC:

Some changes to your character sheets, if you please...

1. Philip loses one arrow, Demetrius loses one sling bullet.

2. Demetrius gains 2 sp and 10 cp for lifting the coin purse of one of the thugs.

3. Each character gains 180 xp for defeating the thugs, and rescuing Ruphus.

jpwic

First Post
Upon arrving to the sitting room Thurgosh shakes himself quite thoroughly splashing water everywhere. Just as he finishes that he spots Phillip casting the spell on Aleria. "Show off," he mutters. "its probably instinct to him. It usually is for that type of person. ponders Thurgosh.

Going up to the rest of the group he introduces himself, "My name is Thurgosh Greybeard, and if you had not guessed by now I am one of Heironeous' laypeople. Although, I must warn you now I am considered one of the more miillitant of His congregation."

Sebastian O

First Post
Several minutes pass as you wait for Ruphus to return, then two figures enter through the sitting room doorway. One is Stebben, the acolyte who initially let you in, the other is a young woman with premature streaks of gray in her rich brown hair. She steps forward with her hand outstretched in friendship. She wears a brown robe with golden trim and the symbol of St. Cuthbert around her neck.

“Good evening,” says the woman. “I have spoken to Ruphus and learned of his harrowing ordeal, as well as your remarkable heroism. I’m Jenya Urikas, the acting high priest, and I am in your debt. Will you stay long enough to entertain a proposal?”

Last edited:

jpwic

First Post
"I'm Thurgosh," he says to Jenya, "I don't know about the others but I am always willing to help out my brothers and sisters of the cloth."

Ry

Explorer
Kalte: "If you'll need a strong arm, I'll hear you out. Oh, and if you're a healer, I've got a strong arm that could use a bit of help." (indicating his arm)

shilsen

Adventurer
Philip rises to his feet and makes a bow. "Good evening, high priestess," he says, his tone more formal than when he was speaking moments ago. "I cannot make pretensions to 'remarkable heroism', or heroism of any kind, being a curious passerby and simply present while some of these other brave people apprehended the criminals. However, I have nowhere to go at his moment, and will be pleased to hear your proposition."

Resuming his seat, he waits to hear what she says. Let me guess, he thinks to himself. Great danger, good of the city, potential rewards, likely death and dismemberment, need for great heroes.

Dragon-Slayer

First Post
"Demetrius Bluefox at your service, High Priestess," the gnome says, bowing low before Jenya, "if I may be of assistance I shall try my best."

The gnome looks towards the ceiling, slowly scratching his short beard as if in contemplation, then adds, "There is a bit of a reward in the proposition of yours?"

Remove ads