• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure Path - The Shackled City

Sebastian O

First Post
shilsen said:
OOC: Does Philip know anything about the masks painted on the thugs? Bardic knowledge +3.

OOC: [Bardic Knowledge Check: Roll 7+3=10] Nope, Philip has never seen or heard of this type of face marking before.

Sebastian O

First Post
Mimic said:
"I don't think we should just leave them here, they did break the law. Perhaps we can take them all to the church of St. Cuthberts, they will want to question them at the very least." Aleria says quietly. Turning to Ruphos she adds, "I would appreciate a place to stay as well." Giving him a small smile.

Ruphus says, "I'd be glad to recommend an inn, Miss. The Drowning Morkoth is clean and affordable, lots of adventurers stay there when passing through. Our temple doesn't really have the accomodations for guests to stay overnight, if that's what you meant."

Last edited:

Ry

Explorer
"The dwarf is right; we've stood around long enough." says Kalte. Then turning to Laro: "Point the way."

Sebastian O

First Post
jpwic said:
Thurgosh rolls his eyes, "Ach, lets get going before we have to get these to a room. I could really use a good mug of ale right now," he slaps Rufus on the back, "and I betch you guys are no where near as stuck up as I have heard."

Ruphus looks as though he has no idea how to take Thurgosh's comment. Is that supposed to be a joke? "Err...yes, well, let's be off then. But...what did you mean to do about these three?" he asks, indicating the unconsicous thugs. "I'm sure we could find a watch patrol on the way to the temple. We'd have to wake them, I think, to take them anywhere ourselves...unless you want to drag them." He looks over at Kalte thinking, hmm, well, that one might be up to the challenge.

OOC: The next post will assume that all the characters accompany Ruphus back to the temple of St. Cuthbert. However, before I can post it, I will need to know for sure what the characters do (or don't do) with the defeated thugs. Also, if anyone wants to ask further questions of Ruphus along the way, please post those.

Last edited:

Ry

Explorer
Kalte snorts, then mutters "What the hell." He picks up the legs of two thugs, and starts dragging them behind him. [I'm sure they're under Kalte's drag weight, but he's not hoisting these morons.] Looking back at the other 5, he says "you can manage the other one, right?"

Last edited:

jpwic

First Post
rycanada said:
Kalte snorts, then mutters "What the hell." He picks up the legs of two thugs, and starts dragging them behind him. [I'm sure they're under Kalte's drag weight, but he's not hoisting these morons.] Looking back at the other 5, he says "you can manage the other one, right?"

"Well we don't need all three, I was thinking about just taking the leader. He will be the one with the information we need anyways." Thurgosh says to Kalte when he grabbed the two thugs

Ry

Explorer
Kalte shrugs, still with a pant leg in each hand. "Better safe than sorry; it's not like we can walk through the town with one of them over my shoulder and not attract attention. Let's turn 'em in; they'll just give us lip anyway. If you want to find out more, let's do it after we've had a chance to dry out." then, thinking... "And if we can't visit them in jail, I can get arrested pretty quick if I want to be. Besides, they jumped Ruphus here - let's guards them and let them figure out the reason. The guards are OK in this town, right Ruphus?"

shilsen

Adventurer
Since Ruphus doesn't seem interested in taking the thugs to his temple, Philip figures that just turning them over to the law will do. "Excuse me, Aleria," he says, before walking over to grab the last of the three by a leg, just as Kalte had done.

"I'm ready to move on. Lead on, Ruphus." Dragging the unconscious rogue a step further, he grimaces and looks at Thurgosh. "Thurgosh, would you mind giving me a hand with this one? I think he's got weight issues, and you look much stronger than me." Flattery will get you everywhere.

jpwic

First Post
shilsen said:
"I'm ready to move on. Lead on, Ruphus." Dragging the unconscious rogue a step further, he grimaces and looks at Thurgosh. "Thurgosh, would you mind giving me a hand with this one? I think he's got weight issues, and you look much stronger than me." Flattery will get you everywhere.

Thurgosh snorts, "You keep one leg, I'll grab the other, we'll just drag him somewhere. I've got weight issues of my own you know." With that he puts his tower shield on his back again and grabs a leg of the thug that Phillip is holding.

Remove ads