• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Pest removal at unusual height and depth

silentspace

First Post
Mintrik, Human Wizard

Mintrik, pleased at dropping the first rat, cursed in frustration as his second bolt missed. Moving as quickly and calmly as he can, he loads another bolt, aims, and fires.

[Used 3 bolts]

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Shadowlyn casts another slingstone, hitting the same rat as before and finally dropping it. (4hp, dead) Jack moves around to flank his most recent attacker, but fails to connect. Mintrik fires, but his concern over hitting the halfling or dog hampers his aim and the bolt goes low. Loskard moves in to attack, but the fast moving rodent avoids his blow. It attacks Jack again, having apparently gotten a taste for halfling, but cannot get a second bite. Shilo regrets not being a terrier, because apparently rats just aren't his foe of choice.

Feeling on a roll, Shadowlyn slings again, but with all the friends gathered around the final rat, she cannot connect. Jack, who is tired of being the dish of the day at cafe rodentia lands a solid strike, but doesn't quite bring the beast down. (5 hp) Mintrik, however, manages to get a good shot in between Loskard's legs and adds to Jacks damage to down the vermin. (4 hp, dead)

Reilin by this point has collected himself and the items he was given and moves up to the scene of the fight where he sees that Jack has been wounded more than once by the filthy vermin. He cannot determine if the halfling has suffered any infection from the foul bites.

silentspace

First Post
Mintrik's face is grim as he looks at Jack's wounds. Unable to help, he loads his crossbow again and holds it at the ready, keeping a watchful eye on the tunnel.

Pbartender

First Post
"Eh, just a scratch or two," Jack dismisses his wounds, "Nothin' that'll kill me yet."

He swings his lanthern light around the tunnel to get a good look at the surroundings.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Shadowlyn pats Shilo's head, giving reassurance that he has done well today. "Well, should we get a move on? I say let the Shilo accompany you in the front, as he can spot things better and help out if need be. Go on Shilo, keep an eye out for Jack now." (Defend Jack command to Shilo)

Pbartender

First Post
OOC: A Warning... Round about monday or so, I'm heading off on vacation for about a week. That's means I'll be incommunicato until August.

Other Guy

First Post
"I know it worked well this time, but could you avoid shooting between my legs like that again, buddy?" Loskrad jests with Mintrik. :p

(OOC)Ah, it's good to be back, :)(/OOC)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Due to a number of non-LEW related factors, I’m going to be leaving EN World entirely, pretty much immediately. I’m very sorry for any disruption this causes due to games I’m running or involved with, especially after my recent posting slowdown. If another DM or a judge would be willing to finish out the games I have, I’d be happy to provide any spoilers or plans that would be helpful in that. My characters can be NPCed until the end of their current adventures, or if anyone would like them, feel free to ask. I will still be available for limited email gaming or play by post on other boards (I’m at randomling’s house sometimes) if anyone has enjoyed my play style sufficiently to look me up.

Sorry again for the seemingly sudden nature of this decision, and for any problems my leaving causes. I was hoping to get my games finished up before it came to this, but it was not to be.

To follow up on any of the above, please AIM me or email my yahoo account Kahuna_burger73.

Kahuna Burger

Knight Otu

First Post
For now, this is a role call. Who is around, and would be willing to continue under a new GM (me)? Or would you prefer wrapping up or (considering this will be my first experience DMing a PbP game) get another DM?

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Knight Otu said:
For now, this is a role call. Who is around, and would be willing to continue under a new GM (me)? Or would you prefer wrapping up or (considering this will be my first experience DMing a PbP game) get another DM?
Still here...Shadowlyn and Shilo....

Remove ads