• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Pest removal at unusual height and depth

Kahuna Burger

First Post
(silentspace and otherguy, I can passively npc your characters as needed. That means no excessive heroics, but no bright ideas either.)

Jack and Loskrad move into the tunnel. In this area, it is tall enough for the entire group, but as his eyes adjust, Jack can see that branching tunnels leading off of it are shorter in height. When they have moved out of the light from the opening, Jack sees movement in the darkness and is ready when a rat almost as large as himself darts forward visciously.

(suprise round, Jack, then Dire rat.)

Pbartender

First Post
Jack, sword at the ready, waits until just the right moment before he lunges foward with the intent of beheading or disemboweling the rat.

If the rat is already within reach, Jack sneak attacks it. Otherwise, he readies an action to attack the rat when it comes within reach.

Attack, MW Shortsword: +7.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pbartender said:
Jack, sword at the ready, waits until just the right moment before he lunges foward with the intent of beheading or disemboweling the rat.

Jack lunges, but his sword strikes at a bad angle, deflected by the thick, oily fur of the beast. (Miss due to natural armor) The giant vermin strikes back in return, but already keyed for battle, jack easily dodges it. (miss due to dex) Jack's movement and the viscious squealing of the rat bring the attention of the others, as three more rats emerge.

ooc: we'll have another "roll call" with intiatives. Loskard is right beside Jack, the others fifteen to thirty feet back at the entrance or starting to follow. Feel free to give a predicted action and relevant AC and attack numbers.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
Jack lunges, but his sword strikes at a bad angle, deflected by the thick, oily fur of the beast. (Miss due to natural armor) The giant vermin strikes back in return, but already keyed for battle, jack easily dodges it. (miss due to dex) Jack's movement and the viscious squealing of the rat bring the attention of the others, as three more rats emerge.

ooc: we'll have another "roll call" with intiatives. Loskard is right beside Jack, the others fifteen to thirty feet back at the entrance or starting to follow. Feel free to give a predicted action and relevant AC and attack numbers.
Shadowlyn would have her sling readied, waiting for the first chance to use it. Already loaded, she will shoot at the first enemy she can detect, and then order her dog to follow up with an attack. (Handle Animal +2)

OOC - What all do you want us to roll? Sling+5 dmg 1d3+1 critx2

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
OOC - What all do you want us to roll? Sling+5 dmg 1d3+1 critx2

initiative is what I need now. the listing of attack and damage is great to let me adjucate that part. there are no real rules for readying prior to starting the combat rounds, so I will need to slot you into the initiative - though we can easily asume the that the sling and bullets are already out and do not need to be "drawn".

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
initiative is what I need now. the listing of attack and damage is great to let me adjucate that part. there are no real rules for readying prior to starting the combat rounds, so I will need to slot you into the initiative - though we can easily asume the that the sling and bullets are already out and do not need to be "drawn".
Initiative Roll - 20, (Seriously, I love this die! If you want to roll my Initiative, that's cool with me, as I would rather you did.)

Pbartender

First Post
Initiative: 17 +4 = 21

"Missed me, you great, over-grown, greasy gob," Jack exults as he nearly dances a jig around the giant rodents. He dodges and slips about until he spots a rat with its defenses lowered, and then he darts in to strike...

Jack will be using his Tumbling skill to position himself for whatever Sneak Attacks (against flanked or flatfooted opponents) present themselves. If he cannot Sneak Attack, he simply attacks the nearest dire rat.

Tumbling: +8
MW Short Sword: +7 (1d4, +1d6 if Sneak Attacking)
Jack's AC: 19

Other Guy

First Post
(OOC)
Initiative = 13 (8 rolled + 5)
Attack = greatsword (+5 to hit, 2d6+4 damage, 19-20 critical)
Armor class = 14
(OOC)

“Alright, you furry little monster,” Loskrad squeezes the handle of his sword and looks for a good time to attack whichever rat is nearest him.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Shadowlyn Female Halfling Rogue

Shadowlyn, seeing her companions now being threatened, twirls her sling, moves into position to see one of the beasts that are now attacking, and lets loose the bullet. "Damn vermin!"

5 Step move to see her attackers.
Ranged Attack
Command her dog Shilo to attack the nearest threatening creature.

Initiative Roll 20+7=27
Sling +5 Ranged / dmg 1d3+1 / Crit X2
I don't think she will get her Sneak Attack

Remove ads