(Adventure) Pest removal at unusual height and depth

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
Shadowlyn listens to the man's story, looking over at the wands and the blue stone. "Well, Undead are a nasty bunch to deal with. But if we must, then so be it. How far is this entrance from this location? I would like to know about the canals and sewers a but more. Were there any 'safety' devices put in place, from its designers?" Shadowlyn is hinting at any traps that they should be on the look out for.

Leonard shakes his head. "As I said before, security was not on the minds of the orriginal builders, the system was meant to be moved through with ease. However, it was a haven for various criminal activity, and its possible some defended their 'territory' within the sewers. Hopefully any such dangers will have been activated by the less intelligent denzins in the meantime."

silentspace said:
"I can guess what the wand that makes us fit do, but what does the first wand, the one that 'seals off the system', do?"

"It shapes a certain amount of stone into a configuration you choose. I suggest you choose areas where there is already a joint as it were, and shape the excess stone inward to form a barrier."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
Leonard shakes his head. "As I said before, security was not on the minds of the orriginal builders, the system was meant to be moved through with ease. However, it was a haven for various criminal activity, and its possible some defended their 'territory' within the sewers. Hopefully any such dangers will have been activated by the less intelligent denzins in the meantime."

"It shapes a certain amount of stone into a configuration you choose. I suggest you choose areas where there is already a joint as it were, and shape the excess stone inward to form a barrier."

"Well, it seems as though I am ready as I ever will be. I say let's get a move on, and get this over with. Unless anyone else has any other questions?"

Pbartender

First Post
"If you please, Mister Leo, sir, but those sewers and their vermin are right crawlin' with poison and disease," Jack reminds everyone. "Sewers like such are mightily nasty places for festering wounds and shivering deaths, beggin' your pardon. You wouldn't happen to have any medicinals or tinctures you could give us the loan of, if you catch my meaning?"

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
"...And how's about some holy water or bottled fire, eh?" Jack adds. "Old Gaffer was always sayin' that there's nothing like blessed water and fire to keep away the walkin' dead."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Leonard seems a little annoyed at Jack's familiarity, but answers in his usual tone. "The wand I gave the young cleric should take care of many mundane injuries, and I had hoped to hire hardy folk for this... however, I will see of we have any antitoxins available." Turning to Mintrik he says, "The wands are newly comissioned for this task and unless we have been badly misled have 50 uses within them. The healing wand is also new."

"If that is satisfactory to everyone...." He stands and stretches, looking with pleasure at the shimmering wall now around you, "I'll have young Kiki show you to the entrance and send a runner after if we put our hands on some antitoxins."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Shadowlyn Female Halfling Rogue

Other Guy said:
Loskrad nods and unstraps his sword from his back. He smiles, happy the small task will begin soon.

Shilo, a little impatient as the group has been conversing for a while, whines a little. Shadowlyn, ready to tak eher leave, pats Shilo on the head, and begins to head out following behind Kiki to the entrance to the sewers.

Pbartender

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
"The wand I gave the young cleric should take care of many mundane injuries, and I had hoped to hire hardy folk for this... however, I will see of we have any antitoxins available."

"Thank you kindly. We'd be mightily obliged, your honor, sir," Jack thanks him with a tug of his forelock. "It's better bein' safe than sorry, as my dear old Mum, rest her soul, was so fond of sayin', and always be prepared, all's the more."

Jack loosens his new sword in its scabbard, and heads over to take a look at the hole. He suddenly realizes, with a small amount of embarrassment, that the halfling he took for a 'he' is, in fact, a 'she'. "'Morning, miss," he greets her as he comes alongside. "A right handsome lookin' dog you've got there, if you don't mind my sayin'."

OOC: Fanger, you should double check Shadowlynn's character sheet. You got her listed as a Male Halfling... hence my earlier misunderstanding. :eek:

Last edited:

Remove ads