• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Pest removal at unusual height and depth

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Shadowlyn follows Jack's actions. Her sling would be ready for the skeletons, while her shortbow would be out for the attack on the fungus.

OOC - The wands, what are they used for again? If one is stoneshape, we can block the skeletons coming in while we deal with the others in the room with the pillar. If not, I would still like to know what the wands are for again.

Other Guy

First Post
It’s not bludgeoning, Loskrad thinks to himself, but with me behind it, this sword should manage to take them down. “Alright, as long as those guys don’t notice us,” he says quietly, gesturing at the creatures in the big hall, “I’m going to go help Jack and Shadowlyn with whatever’s coming.”

Knight Otu

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
OOC - The wands, what are they used for again? If one is stoneshape, we can block the skeletons coming in while we deal with the others in the room with the pillar. If not, I would still like to know what the wands are for again.
(Reilin received a wand of Cure Light Wounds, and I think he used a single charge. Mintrik received a wand of Reduce Person (I'd guess he used about 9 to 12 charges) and a wand of Stone Shape, still unused)

The creatures in the room still appear to be oblivious of the presence of the halflings, who take aim at the winged creature.

Mintrik nods at Reilin. "So.. if stopped the winged fungus, maybe that will put an end to the negative energy? That's my feeling on it. Any other suggestions?"
"Yes, that should stop the negative energy, and it's what we are here for, anyway. Say, Mintrik, what were those wands you received again?"

silentspace

First Post
Reilin said:
"Yes, that should stop the negative energy, and it's what we are here for, anyway. Say, Mintrik, what were those wands you received again?"

Mintrik nods at Reilin. "Yes, I guessed the light was negative energy too. I think stopping that should be our first priority, and I believe the way to do that is to stop the winged fungus. I don't think we should combat other creatures, it will only whittle down our strength and resources."

"If we're right, and we manage to stop the negative energy, the column of light from above should turn gold, and we will have succeeded."

"I received two wands. One is what is making us smaller so we can fit through these tight spots. The other shapes stone, which I'll use to seal off the area of excavation they need for the new temple."

"Anyway, if we agree on our course of action, then I'll seal the passageway behind us. If we want to continue exploring, then I'll leave it open."

Pbartender

First Post
Knight Otu said:
The creatures in the room still appear to be oblivious of the presence of the halflings, who take aim at the winged creature.

To be a little more specific, Jack has a readied action to Sneak Attack the winged fungus, as soon as anyone from the party is noticed by any of the skeletons or fungi.

Knight Otu

First Post
silentspace said:
"Anyway, if we agree on our course of action, then I'll seal the passageway behind us. If we want to continue exploring, then I'll leave it open."
"Jack mentioned another tunnel going outside of the room, and Lothé said there is a long way to the room. I don't think we'll be cut off for now."

Lothé, who listened to the arcane discussion with a clear lack of understanding, whispers "Lothé thinks we should talk less."

silentspace

First Post
Mintrik smiles at Lothe. "Right you are," he says. He activates the wand to seal off the passage behind them, then turns his attention back to the room.

Pondering for a moment, he whispers "Jack and Shadowlyn haven't come back. Should we go forward and see what's going on?"

Knight Otu

First Post
Mintrik can already see the skeletal rats approaching as he takes out the wand and starts sealing the tunnel. He guesses that the stone of the seal is about seven inches thick, and based on the previous encounters, doesn't think that the rats or the fungi are capable of breaking through stone [Int check].

Further ahead, the winged fungus stops for a moment. Jack is shortly puzzled, then realizes that it is propably hearing something - the whispers from his companions further down the tunnel [Sense Motive check]?

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Shadowlyn readies herself, for he winged fungus seems to have taken notice of the others. It's either now or never.

She grips her shortsword with a firm grip, and nods to Jack. She has a readied action to follow his lead. If he charges or attacks the Winged Fungus, she does the same. Also, Shilo will then cahrge into the room, trying to protect her as well.

Remove ads