• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

Fyrm

First Post
I say the Dragon. He hurts us alot. as he sais this, he takes a step back and takes a breather. He then turns into a Dwarf, hoping there slightly smaller size might help him go un noticed.
OOC: Actions:
Move: shift to M22
Stndard: Second Wind
(<.< >.> <.< ... why not)Minor: Changeling Desquise (into a male Dwarf.)

Stratagy: Next round, assuming Mercurial is still contious, He'll be drawing his dagger and using Magic Weapon on the wyrmling. That's +2 damage and +1 to hit on EACH hit. I ask that anyone planing on hitting the dragon wait till after I post, and I will try to post it ASAP.

[sblock=mini-stats]
Mercurial- Changeling Artificer
Status: Bloodied Initiative:+0 Passive Perception:17Passive Insight:12
AC:18 Fort:14 Ref:16 Will:16 HP:12/24 Bloodied:12 Surge Value:6 Surges:6/7 Speed:6 Action Points:0
Powers Used: Second Wind,Healing Infusion, Healing Infusion, Obedient Servant
Powers Unused: Changeling Trick, Shielding Cube [/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: Owen and Dante are Up

GM:
Status Highlights

Owen as CA against the dragon (lead by example)

Owen, Dante, Lenard, Halcyon, Queen and Aedan have CA against the boss and adjacent fire elemental (swarm of locust)

Dante Gilgamesh regained 3 hp since he had turned insubstantial for the attack.

[sblock=S&S]
Wyrmling: 26/96, cursed (Art.), Quarry
Big Boss: 149 (141)/185 immobilized, -4 attack TENT
Swordman P20: 8 (0)/40 Unconscious (Save ends)
Swordman Q25: 23/40
Fire Elemantal O22: 16/27 Marked (Halcyon)
Fire Elemental I26: 9/27 Quarry (Mikara)
Fire Elemental Q27: 14/27

Aedan: 17/27 AP spent, hidden 27
Artemis Hark: 3/24 -1H
Dante: 15/27 adjacent enemies -2 TENT
Gilgamesh: 22/26 -1H +2 defenses TENT, SW spent
Halcyon: 8/29 AP&SW spent
Lenard: 13/28 Ap spent
Mercurial: 12/24 -2H, AP&SW spent
Mikara: 16/39, AP spent
Owen: 12+5/28 AP spent
Queen: 22/30 WS
Sound of Stone: 12/24 AP&SW spent
Yishim: 20/29 AP spent

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Wyrmling
Perception 14
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire ElementalHP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
Perception 11
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
Perception 10
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Swordmen
Perception 12
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round4-3.jpg
    Round4-3.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

kristoaster

First Post
Pushing past his allies, Dante struck out at the fire elemental, although his weapon felt drawn to the water elemental he had already pledged to hit. "Soon, blade of my heart," the githzerai whispers to his sword.

As soon as his strike rings true, the swordmaster spins an arcane ward, launching it at the hobogoblin ringleader.

OOC:
Move to N23, through allies so I don't proke any OAs.

Leading Strike - hit! One ally adjacent to Dante or the Fire Elemental gets +4 to damage

Leading Strike (1d20+7, 1d10+4=[8, 7], [10, 4])

Aegis of Shielding on Sinruth; -2 to attack and -6 damage to one attack he makes.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Owen looks up as chance and the ebb and flow of the battle leave a perfectly clear corridor running through the chaos of the field. But there, hovering a little off the ground, with it's back turned. . .

A deep breath, a short, sharp burst of speed and his sword raised over his head to strike high, Owen lunges forward. His blade finds his target and cuts deeply into the scales.

OOC:
Standard: Charge vs. Wyrmling @ L24
(Attack 1d20+11=23 vs. AC) Hit.
Wyrmling: L24 takes 11 damage and is marked.

[sblock=mini stat block]Owen Skarlson- Male Half-Orc Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:16, Fort:16, Reflex:13, Will:12 -- Speed:6 (+2 when charging)
HP:12+5/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Initiative +6
Action Points: 0

Conditions

Powers
Combat Agility, Reaping Strike, Threatening Rush
[-]Furious Assault[/-], [-]Half-Orc Resilience[/-], Second Wind, Spinning Sweep
[-]Flanking Assault[/-]
[/sblock]

Even as the melee reaches its climax, Yishim struggles with his internal thoughts. Finally, he shakes his head and launches into oratory.

This just isn't right. Friends, who are we to judge the limits of debt collection? The moral imperative to service loans is fundamental to the financial system of our town, and yet here we are chipping away at its foundations.

Nay, I say we leave this fight, and allow the invisible hand of capitalism to create prosperity in our land.

[sblock=OOC Leaving]All, I've been invited to another adventure, and after a couple months lounging in the tavern waiting for a level 3-4 fight, really want to join. Mal has figured out an exit strategy for me (that doesn't involve Yishim's death, I hope). Great battling with you.[/sblock][sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 3
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:18, Will:17, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:20/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Chilling Cloud, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Sleep, Orb of Unintended Consequences, Brooch of Shielding[/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
Whoa there, this is getting out of hand...

Caustic Rampart wears off, potential ally damage averted.

Thank you friend Gil. I am sorry to have gotten in the way of your tactics. Despite losing a few shielding drones, Queen is not lessened and the dogforged shifts its weight to bound to the west.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
As Yishim retreats, he is by some elementals. Well, that's his problem, now. And also the janitor's.

In the back street they hear the archer who fell cursing violently.

-''Broke my ankle. Arrrgh!''

Hopefully he's gonna limp out of here.

The dragon is more persistent. He wildly rakes Owen body, nearly killing him and then gains altitude for safety. He furiousls vomits another giant lightning on the heroes that engulf Owen, Dante and the mysterious automaton. Owen falls unconscious and the automaton is destroyed.

The boss is in a killing mood but is hampered by several layers of magic at the moment and wildly misses Halcyon.

But the worst threat at this point are the archers; they launch a volley that is deadly accurate; Mikara and Sound of Stone are grievously wounded. Queen, on the other hand, barely notices that an arrow flied through her.

GM: The fight was balanced at the utmost limit of what 12 PC can handle. I actually calculated a maximum of XP to add to the fight based on each of your level, so with a level 3 pc leaving, I had to remove some opposition. Not ideal, but that's the best I can do. Hope I didn't remove too much or not enough, that's hard to gauge in mid-fight.

GM: Some of you are getting lax with the rolls... Remember, include Attack and Target.

Try to detail the bonus as much as possible too. For example, Owen shouldn't roll a +11 attack bonus... He had 1d20+8+2+1 for the last attack, though. It's easier for me to track.

GM: Satus High Light

Lenard, Halcyon, Queen and Aedan have CA against the boss and adjacent fire elemental (swarm of locust)

Aedan is hidden from the archer shooting down at SoS.

[sblock=Actions]
Dragon
Standard:
Claws vs Owen (1d20+10=27, 1d4+5=7, 1d20+10=25, 1d4+5=7) 14 dmg on owen

Interrupt by Owen
COmbat Challenge vs Dragon shifting (1d20+8+2=17, 1d10+4=5) miss

AP
Breath
Reflex 1: Owen 2:Dante 3:Summoning (1d20+8=11, 1d20+8=10, 1d20+8=21, 2d6+4=15) 7 on Owen and Dante, 15 on automaton (destroyed)

Boss (Immobilized)
Chain Yank vs Halcyon (1d20+8-4-2=8, 1d10+4-6=3) miss

Fire elementals
Fire elemental 1:Halcyon 2:Artemis (1d20+4=18, 1d20+4=11)

Archers
Archers 1:Sound of Stone 2:Mikara 3:Queen (1d20+7=25, 1d10+4=13, 1d20+7=22, 1d10+4=7, 1d20+7=22, 1d10+4-4=2) Whoa!
[/sblock]

[sblock=S&S]
Wyrmling: 15/96, cursed (Art.), Quarry, marked (owen), AP spent
Big Boss: 141/185 immobilized, -4 attack TENT, marked (Dante)
Swordman Q25: 23/40
Fire Elemantal O22: 2/27 Marked (Halcyon)
Fire Elemental J26: 9/27

Aedan: 17/27 AP spent, hidden 27
Artemis Hark: 3/24 -1H
Dante: 8/27
Gilgamesh: 22/26 -1H +2 defenses TENT, SW spent
Halcyon: 8 (3) /29 AP&SW spent
Lenard: 13/28 Ap spent
Mercurial: 12/24 -2H, AP&SW spent
Mikara: 3/39, AP spent
Owen: -4/28 AP spent
Queen: 20/30 WS
Sound of Stone: 5/24 AP&SW spent

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Wyrmling
Perception 14
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire ElementalHP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
Perception 11
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
Perception 10
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Swordmen
Perception 12
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round5-1.jpg
    Round5-1.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 108

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of Stone pulls out his sling and loads a bullet into it. As he builds up speed with it, he calls after Yishin "No prey for you!"

Taking careful aim at the nearest archer, Sound of Stone lets the bullet fly, hitting him in the belly, causing him some injury.

As the shot flies, Sound of stone skitters backwards down a convenient alleyway, taking cover from the puishing arrows.

OOC: Move to 032 - hopefully there's some safety there...

Dekana

Explorer
Lenard walks just underneath the wyrmling's grasp and closer to the tavern entrance. When he gets there, he turns and unleashes another psychic assault on the tightly clustered enemies. The fire elemental is extinguished, but none of the other thugs seem affected.

OOC: Warning: Any creature that starts their turn adjacent to the flaming sphere in O20 takes 1d4+5 damage, including allies.

[sblock=Lenard stat block/actions][sblock=actions]Move: walk to N25.

Standard: Beguiling Strands, drawn in a close 5 blast from K20 to O24. Roll.
vs Archer (K20) misses Will 8.
vs Fire Elemental (O22) w/CA hits Will 25. Fire Elemental takes 5 damage and dies.
vs Wyrmling (L24) misses Will 13.
vs Swordsman (O24) misses Will 13.
... That sucked.

Minor: Sustain Flaming Sphere.[/sblock]PC:Lenard (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Human Mage 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:13/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +0
Action Points: 0

Conditions
Bloodied

Powers
Arc Lightning, Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Light, Magic Missile, Prestidigitation
Conduit of Ice, Second Wind, Suggestion
Flaming Sphere

[sblock=spellbook]
Conduit of Ice, Illusory Obstacles
Flaming Sphere, Sleep[/sblock][/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Moving into position, Gil loudly begins casting his spell, for effect he speaks in draconic, [sblock=draconic] Stalking Darkness, Vengeful Darkness, Reaping Darkness, I'm conjuring the darkness! [/sblock]

Similar to Yishim's display, tendrils of inky black shadow creep into existence, globular masses of black viscous goo begin forming like clouds around the dragon. The fog thickens until the archers are included, and the balls of goo burst into sharp needles piercing the archers and dragon!
Stay out of the nastiness, it has a mind of it's own... comments Gil to the tavern patrons. That guy doesn't look so good, does anyone know first aid? the wizard points to the unconscious Owen, and makes scissor and paper motions in the air.

[sblock=OOC]

Move to G27

Standard Grasping Shadows
, area burst 2 (enlarged) centered on K22 (elevation 5, should target archers and extend down to dragon, but not to ground level. ), targets all creatures in area,
28 vs will on archer at I23Crit, max damage 12 psychic and 4 more untyped damage. Does the -2 from enlarged count on crit dice? If so ,this is only 2 more untyped damage.
27 vs will on archer at K20
22 vs will on dragon at L24
9 psychic damage (-2 from enlarged already taken into account), targets are slowed until the end of Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh's next turn

Effect:
Shadows writhe in the designated area and continue until the end of Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh's next turn. Any creature that enters the area of the grasping shadows takes 5 psychic and is slowed until the end of Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh's next turn

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads