Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=initiative=4] 1d20 → [4] = (4) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

ooc: Using character name for rolls

[sblock=mini-stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 1
Darkspiral Aura: 0
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 16, For: 16, Ref: 17, Will: 16 HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7/7
Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 1 Powers: Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura, Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Second Wind , Lead by Example, Sustaining Cloak [/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Initiative (1d20=4)
Please use any token you'd like for Lenard. He has a picture on the wiki if you want to crop that.

ronak: I use chrome, and it's the same for me. I wouldn't say that the links are completely unreadable, but it is difficult.

[sblock=Lenard stat block]PC:Lenard (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Human Mage 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +0
Action Points: 1

Conditions

Powers
Arc Lightning, Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Light, Magic Missile, Prestidigitation
Conduit of Ice, Second Wind, Suggestion
Flaming Sphere

[sblock=spellbook]
Conduit of Ice, Illusory Obstacles
Flaming Sphere, Sleep[/sblock][/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
OOC: (Initiative 1d20+6=16)

Out of curiosity, is there some reason we aren't using ENWorld's built in roller? This will affect my ability to update from work.

[sblock=mini stat block]Owen Skarlson- Male Half-Orc Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:16, Fort:16, Reflex:13, Will:12 -- Speed:6 (+2 when charging)
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Initiative +6
Action Points: 1

Conditions

Powers
Combat Agility, Reaping Strike, Threatening Rush
Furious Assault, Second Wind, Spinning Sweep
Flanking Assault
[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
OOC: Halcyon's Initiative: 1d20-1=2

[sblock=Halcyon Quick Stats]Halcyon, Warforged Paladin 1
Initiative: -1, Senses: Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13

AC 20, Fort 15, Ref 11, Will 15
HP 29/29, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 12/12
Saving Throws +2 against ongoing damage, can take roll or 10 on death saves
Speed 5

Action Points 1

Powers
Warforged Resolve
Divine Pursuit
Channel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Blazing Brand
Ardent Vow x3

Daily Item Powers 1
-

Consumables
4 gp

Conditions
-[/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
Queen's init was 5 for anyone having trouble reading it
[sblock=Queen's Mini stat block]
Queen(In the approval process)
Perception: 19 Insight: 14
AC 15 Fortitude 14 Reflex 11 Will 16
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -4 melee/ranged damage while in beast form.
Saving Throw: +2 vs. Ongoing damage effects, take 10 vs Death.
Action Points: ? Second Wind: ?
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 11 / 11
At-Will Powers: Swarming Locusts, Wild Shape, Grasping Claws, Storm Spike
Encounter Powers: Stinging Cloud,Warforged Resolve
Daily Powers: Fog of Insects

Condition:

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil busily checks the snaps and latches on various pockets and pouches. He moves on to adjusting the straps of his shoes, brushing the dust off their tips as well.

Gil pops up onto his toes and raises his head, much like a prairie dog, looking this way and that. After spotting tell tale signs of other arcane users he smiles, I love fireworks.

Rolling his orb in his hand, he begins thinking about which applications of his learning would best fit the current situation. Finally the young wizard grabs his hat and tilts the brim down as if preparing for a gust of wind.

[Sblock=OOC]

13 Init

I roll under "CaBaNa", using the character name "Gil", for Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh. Should be easy to keep details in the details box ;)

Interested to see how this map looks!

Re: Links
Some things just go better in an sblock, others work in the OOC wrapper, but even in the black theme, hyperlinks don't show well on the OOC background. [/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis notices Sound of Stone's antennae twitching, "Sound, please don't go rushing into the middle this time and get gang tackled. I would hate to tell your clutchmates a bunch of hobgoblins ate you for lunch."

rb780nm

First Post
"Indeed, friend Artemis. I will be more careful in this battle. I know that I am probably not the only one who will need inspiration and healing in this fight, so I will try not to need it all."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''All right, that's it. You've asked for it.''

-''He sure did, boss!'' croaks a small winged blue reptile that had been standing out of sight and takes flight over a house.

The boss strokes a tiny chalice on his belt and suddenly fire and water elementals start popping all over the place. Meanwhile his forces are tightnening a noose around the heroes. Hobgoblins, swordmen, archers, vicious war dogs...

Well, that's that, then. Suddenly everyone reach for their weapon.

GM: I have decided to lower the initiative of the bad guys to 16. I basically take an eyeball average of their Initiative bonuses and add 10 when deciding on the intiative of the whole group and 17 was a bit excessive since +7 was the best score and not the average.

Dante, Mikara and Owen beat the initiative of the bad guys so they go first.

GM:
In the interest of speeding up gameplay, Initiative is meaningless except for the first turn. Dante, Mikara and Owen can post their action as soon as they get the chance and they will be resolved in the order that they post.

Then ALL of the bad guys will act.

Then all of you, again in whatever order you happen to post. It may mean that Mikara, Dante and Owen might post early after I ran the bad guys and in effect they will have acted twice before other PCs. That's okay. As long as you just post once by 'turn', it's all good. For the intent of this fight, we change turn when the bad guys act so people who won initiative basically got one free turn.

In that context, powers that cause an effect to allied targets 'Until the end of your next turn' are usually interpreted to mean 'On the ally's next turn'. If a leader acts early in a phase and grants a +2 to hit to an ally 'Until the end of his next turn', his ally only gets a +2 to hit on his next turn. If that ally then acts before the leader early in the next phase, he doesn't get two turns worth of bonus! In the same way, If the leader grants bonus late in the turn to someone who has already acted and then he takes his action early in the next turn before the target of his bonus takes his action, the bonus is not voided.

GM: Dragon wyrmling is currently out of sight on the roof (that's what the tiny R means)

Roofs are 20 feet high (4 squares) and DC 16 to climb.

GM: Yishim is currently the Magic 8 ball because he is an orb mage! A gentle prod to urge him to provide me with a more dignified token of his choice. ;)

GM: Finally, I would point out that there are 50 tokens on the field. That has to be a record.

[sblock=S&S]

Small dragon is not withinb LOS

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Vicious Dogs
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
Perception 17
AC 16; Fortitude 14, Reflex 14, Will 13
OA: Bite (standard, at-will)
+7 vs AC; 4 damage (5 damage against a prone target). If the dog has combat advantage against the target, the target falls prone.

Wyrmling
Perception 14
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire ElementalHP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
Perception 11
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
Perception 10
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Swordmen
Perception 12
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round1-1.jpg
    Round1-1.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: There doesn't seem to be a way to take back a poor roll made through ENworld roller so I am going to allow it for those who want to use it. I find living castle more aesthetically pleasing but that ain't so bad.

I still insist that the power used and the target be specified in the roll.

Remove ads