Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: Sound of Stone has some burst attacks and a long reach. If anyone can cause the enemy to clump up a bit, I can hit quite a few of them. Unfortunately, Sound of Stone is an archetypical glass hammer so I need to be a little cautious with him. He likes dashing off in a spinning blur of sharp claws and spear points, but I try to restrain his impulses.

Fyrm

First Post
[Sblock=stratigic ramblings... no DMs;)]
just my two cents, take it how you want. I think that a small squad, say of 3-4, at least 1 half healer, should take out the bottome fows and regroup with the large group around Q 17. also, taking out the archer and swordsmen above us shoud be done quick, no matter what. this makes the only chance of manuvering aound the group the small pathway at W 10.
on the point about area attacks, I think that there is a slight chance of the elementals and the dragonling to have some, but I could easily be wrong.
Agian, just my two cents.
Side note. I have a Defender-y summon that I can throw out, Assuming of cource that re-entering the Tavern is considered an Extended rest around here. Might help when we start needing to rotate our front line do to spent heals.
[/Sblock]

kristoaster

First Post
[sblock=Tactics (No peekie DMie ;))]All,

Pardon me for sounding bossy and barking orders. That's not what's intended here. I'm just really bad at writing in a suggesting tone. Please resopond with counter proposals and share your perspective.

H.M.'s 2 cents:
[/sblock]

OOC: Sounds good to me :)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Tactics: Responses]
OOC: As for that archer on AA30: this two-fisted shooter should have no trouble reaching him (range 15/25 xD)
OOC: Fair enough. I'll ask Yishim to help me instead. Seeing as Lenard is more suited to help out to the west.
[sblock=re:tactics]However, I think I can focus on the archer/swordsman if you'd like. Two attacks from a flaming sphere would work, or I hypnotize the archer (slide 5) into coming closer to the party. I think I'll just have to wait and see what happens on the DM's turn. Too many variables right now![/sblock]
OOC: Oh no. Use FS to clear minions to the west, and then put him on the big guy after you've cleared a spot. I'll ask Yishim to help me out to the north.
[sblock=tactics] Nicely done H.M.G. The only other spot of advise is: Don't be afraid to use your second wind. We have very limited healing, so using your second wind could save you and the group a necessary healing surge from the leaders. [/sblock]
OOC: Absolutely
[Sblock=stratigic ramblings... no DMs;)]I think that a small squad, say of 3-4, at least 1 half healer, should take out the bottome fows and regroup with the large group around Q 17. also, taking out the archer and swordsmen above us shoud be done quick, no matter what. this makes the only chance of manuvering aound the group the small pathway at W 10.[/Sblock]
OOC: This sounds cool to me. Pherhaps Yishim, SoS, Aedin and I can do this.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: Dragon is 6 square high (30 feet). That's what the green number means, for future reference.

[sblock=Dante]Try to put your actions in distinct block, either OOC or sblock. I almost missed your move.

OA from hob (1d20+6=12)
[/sblock]

The wyrmling takes flight and lay down a punishing blast of lightning that shocks almost the entire group! Mercurial is especially hard hit but Dante and Owen are rewarde for their daring as their push forward allows them to escape unharmed.

The Hobgoblin comes crashing into the heroes. One gets moved down by Owen as he tries to get cute with a flanking maneuver and the other put the hurt on Sound of Stone and Halcyon.

The vicious dogs joins in the fun, haws slobbering in anticipation. Owen is the main source of protein for them, with Aedan taking a scratch.

The swordman are more tactical and few feel like wading pointlessly into a full front, most opt to take cover with the exception of one who charges Mikara and he gets her undivided attention.

The fire elemental skitter all over the field and one even penetrates the heroes front. The water elemental are less agile and have yet to reach the heroes. Several try moving around the buildings.

The chief gang leader approaches cautiously but the worst surprise comes from the archer who launch a devastating volley, almost bringing down Halcyon and Sound of Stone.

GM: General advice; If you know you have triggered an Opportunity attack, roll it yourself. They are included in the passive block stats for a reason.

GM: If you check my IC rolls, you may notice that I sometime tweak the result on the link posted. That's because I do bulk roll to save time and will tweak details like who was marked and who wasn't charging afterward. It's faster. The die roll itself doesn't change, of course. The 4 attacks of the hobgoblins is a good example of this.

GM: Status High light: Mikara is marked. Also remember that when 2 hobgoblin (including the boss) are adjacent, they gain the phalanx bonus

[sblock=Actions]
Dragon Wyrm
Move: Flies TPL (To Present Location on the map)
Standard: Enlarged Lightning burst on N25, area burst 2
Enlarged Lightning burst (area burst 2) vs Reflex (1d20+8=13, 1d20+8=9, 1d20+8=16, 1d20+8=19, 1d20+8=23, 1d20+8=25, 1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=23, 1d20+8=16, 1d20+8=15, 2d6+4-2=8)

Everyone is in the area except Owen who shifted forward into the throng of enemies because of mysterious intuition! ;)

Tweaked a bit the presentation; if you follow the link, I made 11 rolls of attack and damage; the first damage roll applies to everyone.

For such massive rolls that targets several PCs, I always target in alphebtical order.

In this case, miss is half damage

Aedan, 13 miss, 4dmg
Artemis Hark, 9 miss, 4dmg
Dante, 16 hit, 8dmg
Gilgamesh, 19 hit, 8dmg
Halcyon, 23 hit 8dmg
Lenard, 25 hit (despite +2 cover), 8dmg
Mercurial, 28 crit, 14dmg
Mikara, 14 miss, 4dmg
Queen, 23 hit, 8dmg
Sound of Stone, 16 hit, 8dmg
Vishim, 15 miss, 4dmg

Edit: I initially missed Dante's move. He wasn't in the area either

Hobgoblins:
Move: TPL (Several were charging)
The one marked by Owen tries to shift in flanking position to help an ally and triggers the interrupt
Owen Immediate innterupt vs marked hobgoblin (1d20+8=19) killed

Those who attacks this turn
1:Halcyon 2:Owen 3&4:Sound of stone (1d20+6+1=27, 1d20+6+1-2=7, 1d20+6+1=12, 1d20+6=24)

Halcyon and Sound of stone hit once each, 5dmg

Vicious dogs
Move: TPL (several were charging)
Standard:
Vicious dogs 1:Dante 2&3:Owen 4:Sound of Stone 5:Aedan (1d20+7+1=11, 1d20+7+1=20, 1d20+7+1=23, 1d20+7=15, 1d20+7+1=25)

Miss Dante (who is having a great early fihgt!), hist Owen twice (8dmg) and Aedan once (4dmg)

Swordmen
Move: TPL
1 attacks
Charging Swordman vs Mikara AC (1d20+7+1=15) miss

The one at L17 takes a full defense action.

Fire Elemental
Move: TPL
The one at O23 moved to O22 (through P21) and then shifted as a minor action to O23 (creature power, at will)
The one at AA23 ran (they move at 8)
The one on the roof flew (they have fly 4) and is currently moving on the roof.
Standard
vs Halcyon Reflex (1d20+4=5) miss
The one At Q18 takes a full defense action.

Water Elemental
Move TPL, those moving south are running, the one at 018 is taking full defenses

The Boss
Move TPL and take a full defense

Archers:
They all attack then move TPL
Archers vs AC 1:Halcyon 2:Mikara 3:Owen 4:Sound of Stone, (1d20+7=25, 1d10+4=14, 1d20+7=17, 1d10+4=11, 1d20+7=14, 1d10+4=8, 1d20+7=22, 1d10+4=8)

Halcyon; 25 hit, dmg 14 ouch
Mikara; 17 Miss
Owen; 22 hit, dmg 8
Sound of Stone; 22 hit, dmg 8
[/sblock]

[sblock=S&S]
Big Boss: Full defense
Hobogoblin N21: Marked (Dante)
Swordman L17: Full defense
Fire Elemantal Q18: Full defense
Water ELemental 018: Full defense

Aedan: 19/24
Artemis Hark: 20/24
Dante: 27/27
Gilgamesh: 18/26
Halcyon: 2/29
Lenard: 20/28
Mercurial: 10/24
Mikara: 35/39, AP spent, marked by swordman
Owen: 12+5/28 resilience spent
Queen: 22/30
Sound of Stone: 3/24
Yishim: 24/25

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Vicious Dogs
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
Perception 17
AC 16; Fortitude 14, Reflex 14, Will 13
OA: Bite (standard, at-will)
+7 vs AC; 4 damage (5 damage against a prone target). If the dog has combat advantage against the target, the target falls prone.

Wyrmling
Perception 14
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire ElementalHP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
Perception 11
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
Perception 10
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Swordmen
Perception 12
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round2-1.jpg
    Round2-1.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 89

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: With most of you doing dailies and AP, this is about to get confusing. If you feel a bit overwhelmed after a few of your colleague have posted, just wait a bit before posting. I will update at least once mid-turn and more as needed, reposting the map with dead enemies removed and the status tracker updated.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
The dragon's lightning bolt snaps Lenard out of his indecision. He holds a hand straight up to the swordsman confronting him and whispers a brief word of arcanery. The warrior, however, is unimpressed.

Frustrated, Lenard says "Very well. We shall see if your allies are as strong-minded!" With that, he breaks away from the man, drawing a slash in the process, and steps up to the western group of enemies. Lenard repeats his magic, this time felling several dogs and a hobgoblin as their minds are filled with dazzling bright colors. One water elemental is driven back to the rear lines by the onslaught.

[sblock=Lenard stat block/actions][sblock=actions]Standard: Beguiling Strands vs Swordsman (K26) misses Will 11.

Move: walk to M22, provokes OA from swordsman which hits Lenard for 7 damage. (grr) Oh, and Lenard is marked. I missed that. Luckily it doesn't affect my rolls. (so does the mark on Mikara end?)

(note: I accidently made a bogus roll with one attack for this, using the same OA stats; please disregard it. Or hey, use that roll for the first roll against L17 instead and that turns into a hit. ;))

AP-Standard: Beguiling Strands vs L17, N17, M18?, N18, O18, K19, L20, M21, N21, O21... (roll) 7 will misses swordsman at L17, 19 will kills gob minion at N17, 24 will crits the dragon at M18 if it's within range (I wasn't sure), 10 will misses dog minion at N18, 12 will hits water elemental at O18, 20 will hits water elemental at K19, 24 will crits and kills dog minion at L20, 14 will kills dog minion at M21, 9 will misses gob minion at N21, 5 will (critically) misses dog minion at O21.
A few of the target locations were off by one on the roll - sorry about that. I hope it's clear what the intent was; targets were going from topleft, down each column.

Results
Gob at N17 is unconscious. (Lenard chooses to knock him out instead of killing him)
Dragon at M18, if it was in range of a close blast 5, takes 5 psychic damage and is pushed to M13. - I don't think it was in range though, if it was 6 squares up.
Water elemental at O18 takes 5 psychic damage and is pushed to O13.
Water elemental at K19 takes 5 psychic damage (no push).
Dog at L20 is dead.
Dog at M21 is dead.[/sblock]PC:Lenard (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Human Mage 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:13/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +0
Action Points: 0

Conditions
Bloodied

Powers
Arc Lightning, Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Light, Magic Missile, Prestidigitation
Conduit of Ice, Second Wind, Suggestion
Flaming Sphere

[sblock=spellbook]
Conduit of Ice, Illusory Obstacles
Flaming Sphere, Sleep[/sblock][/sblock]
OOC: That could have gone better. I need to stop being in such a rush to post, heh.

Last edited:

Yishim shakes off the lingering effects of the lightning, and directs his anger at a tightly bunched group of enemies in the middle of the square. Even as Lenard fells a number of the hobgoblins henchmen, Yishim lulls many of the creatures to lethargy. Go to sleep, my friends. Nothing will harm you.... To his tavernmates, he yells If they sleep, ensure they never wake up.

Seeing the Thri-Kreen in trouble, he envelops many of them in an icy embrace. Even as a hobgoblin and dog fall, the others are felled by the monk.[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Sleep +7 vs will centered on P19: N18 Dog, O18 Water Elemental, P21 dog, Q18 fire elemental and R18 swordsman all slowed, and first failed save will fall unconscious. Note that if there isn't line of effect on the Q18 elemental or the R18 swordsman I would shift the center of the attack on P18 (Mal, let us know what happens)
N18 dog, O18 water elemental, O21 dog, P21 dog, Q18 fire elemental, R18 swordsman (1d20+7=24, 1d20+7=13, 1d20+7=11, 1d20+7=18, 1d20+7=20, 1d20+7=20)
Action Point: Chill Cloud Q26 kills Hob at Q25 and dog at Q26. Hob at P26 and dog at P27 take -2 to attack rolls P26, Q25 hobs, Q26, P27 dogs (1d20+7=9, 1d20+7=23, 1d20+7=21, 1d20+7=10).
Move: Shift M25[/sblock][sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 3
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:18, Will:17, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:25/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Chilling Cloud, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Sleep, Orb of Unintended Consequences, Brooch of Shielding[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The swordsman attacks with such speed that Mikara barely has time to swivel her upper body to the side, narrowly evading the gangster's blade, "I said, the boy with the bow was Number Five!" Mikara nocks an arrow, at point blank range, but the string doesn't have time to accelerate the shaft.

The swordsman sees an opportunity to strike, and nearly succeeds, but Mikara compensates, pushing on the back of the arrow as she releases the string, shoving the bolt through the swordsman's shoulder up to the fletchings, "But you'll do."

As the stricken hood reels from the blow, she takes the time not to make the same mistake twice. She swings around, "Over here Dufus!" and lets a second shaft fly striking him unawares in the back.

"Loverboy!" Mikara calls over to Artemis, who seems to be trying to decide on his first target, "I could use some help!"
[sblock=Actions]Minor: HQ the Swordsman
Standard: Cut & Run Ranged
Swordsman OA: 1d20+7= 23 vs. AC(effectively 24) Miss (barely)
Target1: Swordsman
Attack1: 1d20+11=13 vs. AC Miss
Target2: Swordsman
Attack2: 1d20+11=23 vs. AC for 1d12+7= 9 damage
HQ Damage: 1d8= 7

Free: Elven Accuracy on the missed C&R Attack (1d20+11= 26 Hit for damage in previous roll (8))
Effect: Shift to J26 between the two attacks. He's already taken an OA, so he doesn't get another.

Swordsman takes 24 damage and is bloodied!

FourMonos: Hammer and Anvil would finish this guy off if you think you could spare it. CA for flanking and everything. Your choice though.[/sblock][sblock=Ministats]Mikara Li Mesadh
Passive Insight 15
Passive Perception 22
Senses Low-Light Vision

HP 35; Surges Per-Day 7; AP 0
AC 20; FORT 14; REF 18 WIL 15
Speed 7 (Wildstep)

Str 10 (+0) Dex 21 (+5) Wis 17 (+3)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 10 (+0)

Powers:
Dagger
:bmelee: +5 vs AC 1d4 damage
Longbow
:branged:+11 vs AC 1d12 + 7 damage
Nimble Strike
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage
Twin Strike
:melee: +5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+2 damage per attack
Agile Recovery
Minor: Stand Up

Elven Accuracy
Free: Re-roll Attack
Evasive Strike
:melee:+5 vs. AC 2d4 damage
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 2d12+7 damage
Cut & Run
:melee:+5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage per attack

Hunter's Bear Trap
:melee: +5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage per attack

[/sblock][sblock=Tactics]So much for my ideas :). An area burst around O21 would be nice about now. *edit* Wow ronakshah2000! You read my mind. Time for a Coup de Grace on the elementals that fail the save![/sblock][sblock=GM]No stealth rolls on the archers, so I guess we know where they are.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads