Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

Antithetist

First Post
OOC: Just a heads-up, Halcyon is probably going down if he doesn't get some healing; Second Wind alone isn't going to cut it if he takes half as much punishment as he did last round.

Aidan Reed

First Post
OOC: I'm really overwhelmed by the sudden wave of posts here. Are pbp games always this chaotic? Am I supposed to "roleplay" my actions, even when I'm just moving? First time player here :/

Aedan uses Deft Strike, moves to Q26 as part of the attack and attacks the enemy at Q31. Then he tries to climb on the roof at Q24 (athletics DC 16, right?)

Aedan grunts and shoots a bolt towards a swordsman. Without looking wether the bolt actually hit the man, the rogue jumps against a nearby wall and climbs his way up.

[sblock=Stealth Check]Can I make a stealth check to become hidden, now that I'm on the roof? If so:
Stealth Check to become hidden. (1d20+9=15)][/sblock]

[sblock=Aedan - Male Human Rogue 1]
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 16, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 11
HP: 19/27, Bloodied: 13, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 8/8 Speed: 6 squares.
Languages: Allarian, Hzakan
AP: 1, Second Wind: 1
Powers: Deft Strike, Gloaming Cut, Preparatory Shot,
King's Castle, Scattering Shot.[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
...on the bright side, he's only got 2 hp left!
[sblock=ooc] I'll drop him next turn if they feel their skills are needed elsewhere. Just wanted to make sure you are focusing on the bigger targets :) [/sblock]

Just a heads-up, Halcyon is probably going down if he doesn't get some healing
[sblock=ooc] I'll heal the big guy if CaBaNa doesn't beat me to it. [/sblock]

I'm really overwhelmed by the sudden wave of posts here. Are pbp games always this chaotic?
[sblock=chaotic] Mal has placed a particularly chaotic encounter before us. However, such is Mal's skill as a DM that this doesn't phase him in the slightest. Just roll with it and if you need to change actions, he'll let you know. He did it for my paladin a lot in my first PBP/4E fight. [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Eyes darting from one place to the next, Gil looks as entertained as if he'd gone to a circus. The electricity that had rolled over him hurt, but also gave him a great view of an uncaged live dragon.

He watched as the tavern patrons display great skill and tactical knowledge, all the while keeping track of how many enemies were bunching in front of him. The spells of Yishim particularly hold Gilgamesh's attention, along with those of Lenard, he stays transfixed for far too long as the battle rages around him.

post coming, just sorting things to find the most optimal use of Gilgamesh's skills. It may be dropping the swordsman, it may be letting a burst loose on a large group of minions.

EDIT: Turns out it was both...

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Gilgamesh wraps himself in the thunderous after-sound of the dragons electric breathe. Magically amplifying the horrifying noise, Gil releases the burst on the swordsman closest to him, BOOM! he shouts with elation! Beaming from ear to ear, as the swordsman takes the sonic attack glancingly.

Unleash the horde! screams the over-excited young wizard, raising his robed arms high. Thousands of tiny buzzing constructs, much like the one Queen gave as a gift to Gil, seem to pour forth from the inside of his robes! The swarming mass of death descends on The Hanged Man's enemies. This is a blast! Artemis did you see the other wizards?! Bravo!

Gilgamesh takes care not to murder any of the opposing force, only using enough energy to temporarily overload their minds with the illusion. Pulling out another orb from inside his robes, this one apparently hollow, and filled with a viscous fluid. Gil shouts out, Shapeshifter, HUP! before launching the orb, filled with a healing mixture, in Mercurial's direction.

He quickly takes cover, quickening his step to hide behind a building, freezing in place silently against the wall. He stays alert ready to skitter away if even approached by another combatant. I hate not being able to see, he thinks to himself, However, when that dragon comes back round... Best to spread out and hide.

[sblock=OOC]

Standard Thundering Armor on self, Gilgamesh gets +1 AC TENT,
Secondary Target swordsman at K26,
25 vs Fort hits
7 Thunder Damage
Push 0

AP: Winged horde burst 2 centered O20, enemies only (Enlarged, already taken penalty to damage)
Vicious Dog at N18, 22 vs will, HIT (unconscious, NOT DEAD)
Hobgoblin Toady at N21, 25 vs will, HIT (unconscious, NOT DEAD)
Water Elemental at O18, 11 vs will, MISS (wish I had CA on that one...)
Vicious Dog at O21, 16 vs will, HIT (unconscious, NOT DEAD)
Vicious Dog at P20, 14 vs will, HIT (unconscious, NOT DEAD)
Hobgoblin Toady at P22, 22 vs will, HIT (unconscious, NOT DEAD)
Fire Elemental at Q18, 26 vs will, HIT (even if it had cover)

1 psychic damage and all targets except water elemental cannot take opportunity actions until the end of Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh's next turn.

Minor Healing Infusion on Mercurial, he regains surge +1, Mercurial at 17/24. (Sorry Halcyon, but Mercurial and Artemis can heal you next go round. Besides, you suggested the TPK so why not start with you ;). Just kidding, we'll keep you up if at all possible!)

Move Orb of Nimble thoughts, Shift to H23 Stealth from everyone Gil has superior cover against, 23 stealth ,-5 for moving more than 2 squares =18 stealth
Gil is hidden from everyone excepting Fire elemental at O23, swordsman, and the archers.

If an enemy moves adjacent to Gil, he'll use moonstride as an immediate reaction, to shift two squares away and becomes insubstantial TENT.

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin
AC 17 Fort 14 Reflex 17 Will 14
HP 18/26 Surges 7/7 Surge value 6
Passive Insight 17, Passive Perception 17, Normal vision
Second Wind Not Used, AP total 0, Speed 6, Initiative +7, Languages Common, Draconic
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Scorching Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Grasping Shadows, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive,Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
[sblock=Quick Stats]Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP17/25 Temp HP 0 ,

Initiative
+5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 0, Surges 7/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, XXThri-kreen ClawsXX, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral,
Special: 2nd wind used

Wiki page: PC:SoundofStone (rb780nm) - L4W Wiki

[/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=95126]Fyrm[/MENTION] /Mercurial - do i need to spend a surge to get the curing effect, or is it already paid for?

kristoaster

First Post
OOC: Leave some for us, Cabana!

Dante moves one square west, uses Oath of Emnity against the water elemental in K19 and attacks with Rictus Grin (making two rolls due to Oath of Emnity).

Two rolls due to Oath of Emnity. (1d20+7, 1d20+7, 2d10+4=[10, 7], [7, 7], [9, 2, 4])

Hit, for 16 damage. TENT any enemy adjacent takes -2 to attack rolls.

Dante steps westwards quickly and narrows his eyes at the water elemental filling the door, calling on his divine power to help target the creature. As the githzerai raises his sword, he breaks out in an unnaturally wide grin and his eyes glaze over, the tattoos on half his face seemingly swimming in their place. The rictus grin holds as Dante swings for the liquid monster.

The blademaster's greatsword cleaves a hole in the elemental, although the beast seems to reform around the weapon almost before Dante draws it back towards himself.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Aedan said:
I'm really overwhelmed by the sudden wave of posts here. Are pbp games always this chaotic? Am I supposed to "roleplay" my actions, even when I'm just moving? First time player here :/

OOC: Well, typical PbP adventure have 5 or 6 players, so... no. That's not typical! ;)

Roleplay wise, take your cue from your fellow adventurers. Just give some flavor text to your actions. It can two lines or a minor essay, depeding on your style!

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Queen is up

[sblock=Artemis]Hybrid curse; the curse damage is only applied if you hit with a warlock power and that was one of your warlord power.[/sblock]

[sblock=Owen]There is no enemy to mark at N22 (that was your own spot before the shift) so I expect you meant N21. That guy is already marked by Dante so you would cancel his mark...

Since you are shifting away from that guy at N23 and couldn't cancel his attacks on an ally, it's obvious that Dante's Mark is better in the circumstances so I maintained it.

There is a thin line between player freedom and overcoming the limitations of the medium (in a live game, Dante's player would have hollered as soon as you would have been tempted to cancel his mark!) and I hope I didn't overstep my bounds.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Aedan]When climbing, you move at half speed (3 square). The roof are at height '4', you start at '1'. In other words, you had just enough speed to reach the ledge and are still currently hanging to the wall. You can't be hidding just yet.

That being said, between deft strike and the cunning sneak rogue feature, it'll be a snap finding a CA opportunity every round from now on. PM me if need tips; one of my character in L4W is level 6 rogue sniper. I have played her from level 3 to 6 on this board and I'm not sure she ever went a single round with sneak attack!

PS: You haven't selected a background. I suggest you pick one that grants +2 to stealth!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Gilgamesh]Sadly, the swordman isn't down, he's at 1hp. Artemis couldn't add his curse damage in his previous attack.

I'll spare you the OA he would have done during your second attack, it'd be a pain to retcon, but that means he still has it available if you move. Still want to do it?[/sblock]

[sblock=S&S]
Big Boss: Full defense
Hobogoblin N21: Marked (Owen)
Swordman L17: Full defense
Swordman R18: slowed (Save ends)
Swordman K26: 1/40 Quarry (Mik.), Cursed (Art.)
Swordman Q31: 33/40
Fire Elemantal Q18: 26/27 Full defense, Slowed (Save ends), No OA TENT
Fire Elemental O23: 5/27 Marked (Halcyon)
Vicious Dog N18: Slowed (save ends)
Vicious Dog P20: Slowed (Save ends)
Water ELemental 018: 24/29 Full defense
Water Elemental K19: 8/29 Oath (dante)

Aedan: 19/24
Artemis Hark: 20/24
Dante: 27/27 adjacent enemies -2 TENT
Gilgamesh: 18/26 +1 AC TENT, -1H
Halcyon: 9/29 +2 defenses TENT, AP&SW spent,
Lenard: 13/28 Ap spent
Mercurial: 17/24 -1H
Mikara: 35/39, AP spent, marked by swordman
Owen: 12+5/28 resilience spent, AP spent
Queen: 22/30
Sound of Stone: 17/24 +2 defenses TENT, AP&SW spent
Yishim: 25/29 AP spent

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Vicious Dogs
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
Perception 17
AC 16; Fortitude 14, Reflex 14, Will 13
OA: Bite (standard, at-will)
+7 vs AC; 4 damage (5 damage against a prone target). If the dog has combat advantage against the target, the target falls prone.

Wyrmling
Perception 14
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire ElementalHP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
Perception 11
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
Perception 10
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Swordmen
Perception 12
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round2-3.jpg
    Round2-3.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Remove ads