Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC@Digger: Sorry to hear you were in the hospital, but glad to hear that you are still out there. Don't worry about any delays. I'm fine with NPCing as needed, just was afraid I had lost another player for good. Hope you keep getting better! :D

-Beyrk manages to throw off the dazing effect before it can really take hold. He takes a step forward and unleashes a loud booming voice the rocks the room holding the pseudodragons and the other gnome. (Crits P1 for 10 damage and hits G2 and P2 for 5hp each.)

-Bolstered by Quagmire, Dang't is nevertheless still stung by the poison, weakening some of his resolve. Knowing he has to help his new friends, he gathers the lightning, waiting for the annoying drakes to come back, ducking down while he waits. (-5 hp from ongoing poison. Holding readied action till Pseudodragon flies by. Fails save vs. ongoing poison damage)

-With a squeal of rage Girth unleashed an eldritch blast of power at the pseudo-dragon-flanked gnome. But with an even greater squeal of frustration he watched the burst fly past the target. (Missed attack roll.)

-The remaining Warforged target Alex and they both hit. One slashes across his right leg while the other stabs through his armor and his abdomen, leaving a bleeding hole behind after it pulls its sword free with a grunt of pain from the human fighter. (W2 crits Alex for 12 and W3 hits for 6= 18 damage -9 THP = 9 damage)

-Alex tries again to hit the warforged beside him, but his blow is weak and empty. (Miss W3 with Cleave attack)

-Hrav and Quagmire can go...
[sblock=Init/Status/Map]PC's except for Quagmire have +1 to all defenses till end of encounter!

23- Hrav [23/41hp, 9 THP]
21- Alex [18/47hp, bloodied, marked by W2]
20- Quagmire [31/36hp - ongoing 5 poison damage(save ends)]
20- Gnome Arcanist 1 [-17 hp]
20- Gnome Arcanist 2 [-16 hp, grants CA till end of Dang'ts next turn and has -2 AC; invisible]
19- Pseudodragon 1 [-10]
19- Pseudodragon 2 [-5 hp]
19- Beyrk [18/30hp]
17- Dang't [18/27hp, 9 THP - ongoing 5 poison damage(save ends)(+1AC till start of next turn)]
16- Girth [32/40hp, 9 THP]
12- Warforged 2 [-16 hp]
12- Warforged 3 [-25 hp, marked by Alex]

41590d1254341937-adventure-redblades-riches-ozymandias79-judging-rr-entrance-8.jpg
[/sblock]
Save vs. Poison (1d20=9)
W2 and W3 vs. Alex AC21 (1d20+9+1=30, 1d8+4=9, 1d20+9+1=27, 1d8+4=6)
Alex Cleave vs. W3 AC20. (1d20+10=17, 1d12+6=9)
[sblock=Alex stats]
Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 3
Initiative:+2 Passive perception:14 Passive Insight:13
AC:21 For:18 Ref:15 Will:14
HP:18/47 Bloodied:23 Surges value:11 Surges/day:7/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:0 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d12+6
Opportunity attack: +12 vs AC, 1d12+6
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron, Pass forward
Covering Attack, Sweeping blow
Comeback strike[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Even Quagmire's native resilience doesn't save him from the poison coursing through his veins, which weakens him slightly. He distracts the nearest warforged again, then turns and goes south, activating his magic armor to strip the poison from Dang't's veins.

[sblock=actions]Before his turn: hobgoblin resilience to try to save against ongoing poison: fail.

On his turn: Take 5 poison damage.
standard: commander's strike: Alex gets a BMA against W3 with +1 to hit and +2 damage.
Move: to AD23. Not sure if this provokes; it's okay if it does since Alex will presumably get a combat challenge attack if it does.
Minor: chainmail of sacrifice to take Dang't's ongoing poison damage. That means Q can't save against the ongoing damage at the end of this turn.
[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Hrav steps forward and tries to give the gnome a taste of Black Death.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move action - Move to Y23.

Standard action - Piercing Strike against G1.

Can't roll right now, as IC seems to be down. 1d20+10 vs Reflex, 1d10 +5 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 18, Low-Light Vision
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 19, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
HP: 23 + 9 temp HP/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 11, Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind (Item: may use two surges when bloodied)
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Handspring Assault
Acidic Rapier Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Hrav moves up and stabs at the gnome with Black Death. Even the magical weapon can't keep him from stumbling as he steps forward though, totally missing the small pest. (Rolled a 1 on the hit roll. :blush::.-()

-Quagmire suffers the effects of the poison as he distracts the nearest warforged so Alex can lay into him with his axe. Then the hobgoblin moves south and uses the magic of his armor to take the poison from Dang'ts body into his own. (Alex hits W3 for 15 damage.)

-With a yelp of fear, the first gnome disappears from in front of Hrav with a *BAMF*!. Another *bamf* in the room to the north announces its return. Hrav turns just in time to see it's wand waving at him before launching another series of twin bolts at him. The first hits with little damage beyond eroding the confidence inspired by Quagmire. But the bright bolt leaves spots dancing before his eyes again. The second bolt explodes in front of the hobgoblin with a loud bang which startles him into retreating a step towards Alex. (Scintillating Bolt hits for 8 damage and dazes Hrav till save ends. Startling Glamor slides him 1 square back.)

-The second gnome reappears to blast Beyrk twice as well, bloodying him and pushing him back to the wall beside Quagmire where his eyes water from the assault. (Hit with both for 5 damage, slid 1 square to AC23, and dazed (save ends).)

-The pseudodragons fly in again, but both miss Beyrk and Quagmire this time. Dang't fires at the first Pseudodragon as it becomes visible, hitting the creature with his chaos bolt. (Hit Will 19 for 9 psychic damage to P1. Rolled odd, so no secondary attack.)

-Beyrk, Dang't and Girth can go again...
[sblock=Init/Status/Map]PC's except for Quagmire have +1 to all defenses till end of encounter!

23- Hrav [23/41hp, 1 THP, dazed(save ends)]
21- Alex [18/47hp, bloodied, marked by W2]
20- Quagmire [26/36hp - ongoing 5 poison damage(save ends)]
20- Gnome Arcanist 1 [-17 hp, used teleport]
20- Gnome Arcanist 2 [-16 hp, grants CA till end of Dang'ts next turn and has -2 AC]
19- Pseudodragon 1 [-19]
19- Pseudodragon 2 [-5 hp]
19- Beyrk [7/30hp, bloodied, dazed(save ends)]
17- Dang't [18/27hp, 9 THP]
16- Girth [32/40hp, 9 THP]
12- Warforged 2 [-16 hp]
12- Warforged 3 [-40 hp, bloodied, marked by Alex]

attachment.php
[/sblock][sblock=Rolls]Hrav Piercing Strike vs. G1 (1d20+10=11, 1d10+5=12)
Alex BMA vs. W3 AC20 (1d20+10+1=22, 1d12+6+2=15) *Rolled manually since IC just went down.*
Gnome1 Scintillating Bolt vs. Hrav Fort 17 (1d20+6=25, 1d6+4=8) Hits Fort 25 for 8 radiant damage and dazed.
Gnome1 Startling Glamor vs. Hrav Will 14 (1d20+7=21) Hits Will 21 to slide Hrav 1 square.
Gnome2 Scintillating Bolt vs. Beyrk Fort 14 (1d20+6=20, 1d6+4=5) Hits Fort 20 for 5 radiant damage and dazed.
Gnome2 Startling Glamor vs. Beyrk Will 16 (1d20+7=26) Hits Will 26 to slide Beyrk 1 square.
Pseudodragon1 Flyby attack vs. Beyrk AC (1d20+8=15, 1d8+4=6) Hits AC15 for 6 damage. Miss.
Pseudodragon 2 Flyby attack vs. Quagmire AC (1d20+8=11, 1d8+4=12) Hits AC11. Miss.
Dang't stealth check, P1 & P2 perception checks (1d20+6=13, 1d20+8, 1d20+8=[3, 8], [10, 8])
Dang't Chaos Bolt vs. P1 Will 14 (1d20+6, 1d10+8=[13, 6], [1, 8])
[/sblock]

Attachments

• RR Entrance9.JPG
    RR Entrance9.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Dang't had a readied attack (with Stealth CA hopefully) against the dragons: Ready to use Chaos Bolt against first P that flies by: +4 (+6 w/ CA) vs Will; 1d10+8 psychic damage and repeat secondary attacks against new targets (+4/+6 vs Will; 1d6+4) so long as he rolls evens on attacks. [/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Refusing to back down, Beyrk lets out a loud growl and steps forward again, preparing for another round of attacks.

[sblock=ooc]Actions:
Start: n/a
Minor: Majestic Word on self +12hps and shift forward 1 to AC24
Standard: Second Wind. +7hps and +2 to all defenses until start of my next turn.
End: save (1d20=20) = oh sure a crit on a save.
[sblock=stat block]Beyrk Verkunder - Male Hobgoblin Bard 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 11, Low-Light Vision
AC: 17+2, Fort: 14+2, Reflex: 12+2, Will: 16+2 - Speed: 5
HP: 26/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 9/11
Action Points: 0

Powers:
Misdirected Mark
Warsong Strike

Hobgoblin Resilience
Majestic Word 2
Words of Friendship
Shout of Triumph

Slayer's Song[/sblock][/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Okay, I rolled Stealth check for Dang't versus Perception checks for P1 and P2. He beat them, so I applied the +2 to his hit roll and he hit P1 for 9 damage. Rolled a 13 though, so no secondary attack. Also removed the ongoing poison damage from his status list. Due to the readied action, by the rules I should move his init to right before the pseudodragons'. Just to make things easier on me though, I'm gonna leave him where he's at. Just because I'm lazy and don't wanna update everything before Hrav and Quagmire, then have the gnomes go (another update), then have Dang't go(then another update), then have the pseudodragons go with another update after that! :confused: So, Dang't remains where he is in init order. I've already got Beyrk's actions, so Dang't and Girth can go (since I consider the readied attack he just did this round as last rounds attack). If I haven't heard from Digger for Girth's stuff within a day or so after Dang't goes, I'll NPC him since we know Digger might have troubles posting still for a bit.

Remove ads