• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

garyh

First Post
OOC: Hey all! I'm going on vacation for a week. I'll be bringing my laptop and the hotel has wifi, but I'm still likely to be on significantly less anyway. Don't feel like you have to wait too long for me if my turn comes up!

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Hrav moves to flank the warforged and runs it through with his rapier, but the warforged doesn't fall to the floor quite yet... (Hit for 28 damage, but not enough to bring it down. Close though.)

-Quagmire charges through the doorway and rams his sword through the gnome and into the wall behind it! The gnome's mouth drops open in a look of surprised horror as his body flickers between visibility and invisibility. A trail of blood runs out of his lips as his last breath leaves his lungs and his eyes close. (Exactly the damage needed to fell the gnome! 5 dmg from poison but made save.)

-The remaining gnome targets Alex this time, since Hrav is out of his sight mostly. The first bolt hits the fighter and nearly drops him to the ground. He's stunned by the blast and barely hanging on to consciousness. (10 radiant damage to Alex and he's dazed till save ends.)

-The pseudodragons go after Quagmire who is the closest target now before flying up the hallway and out of reach. One of the two gets its jaws into the hobgoblin for a deep bite. (10 damage from bite attack to Quagmire who is now bloodied.)

-Beyrk, Dang't, and Girth can go...[sblock=Init/Status/Map]PC's except for Quagmire have +1 to all defenses till end of encounter!

23- Hrav [23/41hp, 1 THP, dazed(save ends)]
21- Alex [1/47hp, bloodied, marked by W2, dazed(save ends)]
20- Quagmire [11/36hp, bloodied]
20- Gnome Arcanist 1 [-17 hp, used teleport]
20- Gnome Arcanist 2 [-46 hp, dying]
19- Pseudodragon 1 [-19]
19- Pseudodragon 2 [-5 hp]
19- Beyrk [26/30hp]
17- Dang't [23/27hp, 4 THP]
16- Girth [32/40hp, 9 THP]
12- Warforged 2 [-48 hp, bloodied]

attachment.php
[/sblock]
Scintillating Bolt Atk vs. Alex Fortitude 18, radiant dmg, Startling Glamor vs. Alex Will 14 (1d20+6=24, 1d6+4=10, 1d20+7=13)
Pseudodragon flyby bite attacks at Quagmire. (1d20+8=15, 1d8+4=8, 1d20+8=27, 1d8+4=10)

Attachments

• RR Entrance 11.JPG
    RR Entrance 11.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 175

Erekose13

Explorer
Glad he could hold out till Quagmire was able to charge out, Beyrk follows through the door way and shouts at the fleeing Pseudodragons.

[sblock=ooc]Actions:
Start: n/a
Minor: move to AC26
Standard:1d20+5=16, 1d8+5=7 misdirected mark vs. p1. if it hits Marked by Quagmire I guess.
End:
[sblock=stat block]Beyrk Verkunder - Male Hobgoblin Bard 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 11, Low-Light Vision
AC: 17+2, Fort: 14+2, Reflex: 12+2, Will: 16+2 - Speed: 5
HP: 26/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 9/11
Action Points: 0

Powers:
Misdirected Mark
Warsong Strike

Hobgoblin Resilience
Majestic Word 2
Words of Friendship
Shout of Triumph

Slayer's Song[/sblock][/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Seeing the fleeing gnome clearly, Dang't channels the thunder again, carrying himself forward. The goblin then ducks to the side, hiding behind the doorframe.

OOC: Storm Walk vs G1: 17 Fort, 12 Thunder and Dang't shifts to AD23. Move to AB24 and hide: 23

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: NPCing Girth again since its been a couple days with no response.

-Beyrk follows Quagmire through the doorway and shouts at the fleeing Pseudodragons. His shout seems to hit the mark as the more injured pseudodragon flinches in response. (Misdirected Mark hit for 7 damage and P1 is marked by Quagmire.)

-Dang't channels the thunder again, hitting the gnome while carrying himself forward. The gnome vanishes from sight as it is hit, and Dang't ducks to the side, hiding behind the doorframe. (Hit G1 for 12 thunder damage. G1 turns invisible from taking damage.)

-Girth moves to where he can see through the doorway to the north and target the gnome that is up there. He fires an eldritch blast at it and is satisfied to see the gnome bloodied further by his attack. (Girth moves to AB23 and Eldritch blast hit G1 for 7 damage.)

-The last warforged follows its orders and keeps attacking, hitting Alex in the head hard enough to bring down the already bloody human. (Hit for 8 damage, Alex is dying.)[sblock=Alex]*He can be stabilized, but won't regain consciousness due to his head wound. He's effectively in a coma until Ata shows back up again someday. He can be taken back out to the ship after the fight. As long as Digger returns, Girth won't have to be taken out of the picture next. I don't wanna do it, but I also don't want to be NPCing a third of the party. But I'll NPC Girth through the next battle at least to give Digger more time since he at least posted to let us know. I look forward to his return.*[/sblock]-Hrav and Quagmire can go. I'll NPC Hrav a bit after Quagmire goes if garyh doesn't post since he's on vacation.[sblock=Init/Status/Map]PC's except for Quagmire have +1 to all defenses till end of encounter!

23- Hrav [23/41hp, 1 THP, dazed(save ends)]
21- Alex [-7/47hp, dying, marked by W2, dazed(save ends)]
20- Quagmire [11/36hp, bloodied]
20- Gnome Arcanist 1 [-36 hp, bloodied, used teleport]
19- Pseudodragon 1 [-26, bloodied, marked by Quagmire]
19- Pseudodragon 2 [-5 hp]
19- Beyrk [26/30hp]
17- Dang't [23/27hp, 4 THP]
16- Girth [32/40hp, 9 THP]
12- Warforged 2 [-48 hp, bloodied]

attachment.php
[/sblock]Eldritch Blast vs G1 Reflex 15 (1d20+6=15, 1d10+5=7)
W2 attacking Alex. (1d20+9=24, 1d8+4=8)

Attachments

• RR Entrance 12.JPG
    RR Entrance 12.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire is sorely tempted to pursue the flying pests, but thinks better of it and runs back to see how Alex and Hrav are faring. Seeing Alex lying on the floor, he quickly activates the more powerful magics of his armor, feeling it pull some of the vitality out of him, but bring some color back to Alex's face. "Yer gonna pay for that, Rusty. Now, Hrav!" he threatens the warforged, creating a diversion for long enough for Hrav to strike.

[sblock=actions]Move to AA23.
Minor: Chainmail of sacrifice daily power: Q spends a healing surge and Alex gets HP as if he'd spent a surge. I know that won't actually wake him up in this case, but it's what Q would do.
Standard: Commander's strike; Hrav gets a BMA with +1 to hit and +2 to damage.
[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
OOC: I'm back and was about to post, but IC is down. I'll try again later. Hrav will delay till after Quagmire. If Quag's CS can get Hrav to knock the warforged off, then I can move somewhere on my turn.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: IC is still down (since yesterday) so I rolled manually for the BMA Q granted Hrav. He hits AC22 and does 16 damage to the warforged which brings it down. Hrav can go now, but remember that he's still dazed so he only gets one action.

garyh

First Post
Hrav does his best to keep up with the gnome, given his groggy head. He does manage to clear his mind, though.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move action - Move to W23.

End of turn - Save vs Dazed.

Save vs Dazed (1d20=17)

Success![/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 18, Low-Light Vision
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 19, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
HP: 23 + 1 temp HP/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 11, Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind (Item: may use two surges when bloodied)
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Handspring Assault
Acidic Rapier Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Remove ads